“Pure luxury”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We loved the Venetian. Although we only stayed one night, from the moment we stepped into the place our experience was wonderful.

Our room was lavish and very comfortable, and the wif-fi fast and accessible. We did not gamble or eat on the premises, however, ordered room service breakfast. This was superb and worth recommending. The food was excellent and the waiter the same. We would definitely stay in the Venetian again if we came to Vegas.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sarah R
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of The Venetian. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time with us. Our suites are without a doubt extraordinary, and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy everything that it had to offer.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to share your experience with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian again soon.

VP of Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (25,949)

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Leading up to my stay at the Venetian (which was made convenient by attending a trade show at the Sands Expo Center), I anticipated a cheesy experience--complete with fake gondolas navigating fake canals. As Vince Vaughn said in "Swingers": "You don't need that pirates of the Caribbean [stuff]."

However, I found myself pleasantly surprised. My standard room was a pseudo-suite, with a bed somewhat separated from a living room (big couch, TV, dining table). Lots of space. You could probably entertain 6-8 people in there. I entertained zero. The bathroom was also large and pretty nice. Furnishings were maybe a little outdated but certainly not worn.

All the restaurants on property that I tried were very good--perhaps a little overpriced, but that's what you find at every hotel on the strip. I was pleased with all my meals.

The fitness center is part of the Canyon Ranch Spa, which I've heard is a very luxurious chain of spas. I can't compare this one to other Canyon Ranches, but this gym was very nice, and very big. It matches any gym at any 5-star resort I've been to.

The location is right in the heart of everything. You've got high end shopping without leaving the resort and a short walk to other monstrous properties at which you can also gamble away your rent money. And, obviously, if you're working at the Sands, you can't get any more conveniently located.

I didn't need much in the way of service from staff but all my interactions were pleasant. Overall I recommend it. Considering all factors, it's a good value at anything under $300/night.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Doug s

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure hosting you during your recent convention visit to Las Vegas. Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your resort of choice. The variety of shoppes, restaurants and activities on property are truly endless here, and I am happy that you were able to experience it. I look forward to your return visit to The Venetian.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in FEB and The Venetian did not disappoint. It is a sight to behold all the detail of marble and artwork. The room was excellent, large and luxurious, it never felt like we were in a hotel. Service was very good from anyone we dealt with, our drapes (remote control!!) didnt work but they were fixed within half an hour.
Walking around the canal and ST.Marks square is an activity in itself, very well done. We did do the gondola ride and it was fine, try to go in the morning when its quiet to get one by yourself.
It is a large hotel so prepare to do some walking to fully appreciate the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are large suites, just the views are different
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luis h

Dear Guest,

What a beautiful review of The Venetian! The wonderful suites and open skies of St. Mark's Square makes for a very unique experience right here in the heart of the desert, and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy so many aspects of your stay.

Thank you again, and I welcome you to return soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I specifically book at the hotel saying I was traveling with two small children they never told me the pool was under repair I had a long walk from the Venetian tower to the adjacent pools only to find those pools don't get any direct sunlight two after 2 PM there's no service there such as poolside drinks or
snacks would you reallycall this a five-star resort???

• Stayed: February 2014
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. I am disheartened that there were a few areas in which we failed to meet your expectations. We wholeheartedly aim to provide our guests with an experience of a lifetime, and it is never our intention to have our guests leaving with a poor impression of us.

Please accept my apologies for the disturbances that you encountered during your visit. I most certainly agree that this was not reflective of a five star experience. As you may know, TripAdvisor does not link your reservations, so I do invite you to please be in touch my Guest Relations team, who will be contacting you directly. I would like an opportunity to address your concerns.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I chose to spend our honeymoon here.

Whilst the hotel is certainly grand, lavish, and exquisite in its visual display, we were disappointed with the customer attention we received given the suggestion that this would be the finest place within the land to spend our first married days together and that we would be spoilt!

On arrival we were abruptly told there was no "special treatment" for honeymooners, and even more so disappointed when we arrived in our suite to find we faced the Venizia tower and a bunch of fan vents on a flat roof! I must say the room was grand and comfortable, yet I felt it was an insult to be charged for mini bar items that we had just picked up to look at and then replaced.

Whilst my husband and I didn't expect anything for free we were disappointed that no-one wanted to even spend the time to get to know what we would have liked to experience whilst we were staying. In stead we spent in excess of £4000 on external luxuries and experiences because getting someone to spare us their time just seemed too much to ask.

Trip booked to Gran Canyon was an initial disaster as they cancelled in without telling us..... Hotel were unhelpful with this!

Would love to return but not sure I could trust that we would be anymore looked after?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chloe198406

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your resort of choice during your recent honeymoon. Congratulations on your recent nuptials! I know that with such a special occasion, you truly deserved the personalized attention that one should have, and I apologize if this was not your experience. While I am pleased that you found the resort to be lovely, I apologize about the lack of personalized service that you experienced. Providing unmatched individualized service is a hallmark of our standards here at the resort and I am disheartened that you did not experience this during your stay.

My team will be reaching out to you directly to ensure that your concerns are addressed. I am hopeful that you will allow us an opportunity to properly exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've had the privelege of staying here twice. The first time was solo for a sales kickoff at a company I formerly worked for. I had an entire standard suite to myself. It was just as lush as others have described.

The second time was with my parents and siblings in one of their 1,600 sq ft suites with a foyer. Needless to say this was even nicer than the first. I could go on and on regarding the details, but just know that it's an amazing experience.

Room Tip: They're all great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OCRafa

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am grateful that you have given us the opportunity to live your experience through your review. We are grateful that you consider us your favorite hotel, and because of this, we are ignited with the continued passion to provide you and all of our guests with the high level of service you have come to expect.

Thank you very much again, and I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Well, it's Las Vegas, so you typically get what you expect. Rooms are quite enormous and interestingly designed (two 'levels'). Casinos everywhere :-( Good selection of 'shoppes' and restaurants, incl gondolas.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read of your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.