“My favorite Vegas hotel: female POV”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
San Mateo, California
“My favorite Vegas hotel: female POV”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The Venetian is my favorite place to stay in Vegas (and I've stayed at the Wynn and Bellagio). Why? I love the Canyon Ranch Spa, Grill (amazing healthy, spa food for breakfast and lunch) and the gym. The gyms at the other hotels suffer by comparison. The amenities at the Spa are terrific - the various steam rooms etc are heavenly. Furthermore, the Venetian has wonderful restaurants such as Bouchon, Table 10 and Postrio. Then there's the shopping. Apart from the Shops at the Forum, this is the best Vegas shopping.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LCD425
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for not only choosing The Venetian as your resort of choice during your recent travels to Las Vegas but also for sharing your delightful sentiments of our resort and the superb partners that we have on property. I must agree - the Canyon Ranch SpaClub is a divine place to visit, and the restaurants you mentioned; Bouchon, Table 10 and Postrio, are culinary powerhouses who provide our guests with such wonderful cuisine. It elates me to know that you had a splendid time at The Venetian, and that you have deemed us your favorite Las Vegas resort.

Thank you for your kind compliments, and I most certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,727)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Martinez, California, Usa
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed at the Venetian for a winter get-a-way and Christmas present to my wife and I, beautiful location, large and beautiful suites. Great service overall, but a little disappointed in the housekeeping. We were there for 3 days and twice had to call to have rooms made! For two days in a row, I had to call housekeeping to have my room made, despite leaving my room before noon, not returning before 6 pm and NOT leaving the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door. Otherwise, great service and definitely a beautiful facility.

Room Tip: Suites are large and beautifully decorated.
1 Thank Patrick Y
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian for you and your wife's recent winter getaway. I am happy that you had a wonderful time in Las Vegas, and that you enjoyed your suite as well as the location of our resort. I am, however, disappointed that we did not thoroughly exceed the expectations that you have rightfully set before us due to our lack of efficient housekeeping services. Please know that this is not the standard of our resort, and we will most certainly ensure that this is addressed.

Thank you so much for not allowing that mishap to take away from the aspects of your stay that you thoroughly enjoyed. I do hope to welcome you and your wife back to The Venetian again soon.

Dacula, Georgia
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Such a beautiful hotel. The atmosphere is top notch. Everyone from the front desk staff to the concierge, housekeeping, and everyone in between was fantastic. We honestly do not have a single complaint. The rooms were well appointed, the beds comfortable. Our view overlooked the Venentian Pool area, which was gorgeous. Conveniently located right in the heart of the strip. The hotel is very large, but after a day or so, we had it down. All of the staff were more than helpful in helping us find our way if we became lost. Security Guards are abundant and visible. We walked through all of the hotels on the strip and were thrilled with the decision that we made. Of particular note, the casinos in the Venetian are not at all smoky. Walking through most of the other casinos, we smelled like smoke ourselves. But the Venetian must have a great filtration system because it does not have a smoky smell at all. Had plenty of restaurants to choose from and great shops to walk through. You must take time to walk through the Canal Shops and see the Gondolas. When we return to Las Vegas, there is no question we will choose to stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for the kind sentiments that you have shared about your time at The Venetian. I am elated that you enjoyed the beautiful and charming ambiance of The Venetian. We endeavor to provide a very unique and welcoming atmosphere, so I am overjoyed that you felt this commitment during your stay.

Again, I thank you, and I look forward to your next visit with us.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Back again for 1 night for a meeting & while the public spaces, for the most part, are very nice, the guest rooms are starting to show their age. Fixtures in the bathroom, especially the tub handles, very worn. Hard water stains around the faucets on the sink as well as one of the bedside tables. Couch pillows & cushions equally worn as well as stained-I can't imagine who thought velour sofa's in a hotel guest room was a good idea. The now mandatory resort fee is simply an insult & nothing more than a money grab on the part of the hotel's mgmt. For those looking to do nothing more than throw money away, whether it be in a casino or not, the hotel will be fine. Personally, I expect more value for the amount of money they now charge here-hopefully one day our mtg planners will remember that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank txrus
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian. I am disappointed that your stay was not a complete success. It concerns me deeply to learn that your suite did not reflect a level of exceptionality; I immensely apologize for this. I would also like to apologize if the benefits provided with the resort fee fell short of your expectations.

I do request that you be in touch with my team, who will be contacting you directly, so that I may gather more details of the challenges you experienced. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The Venetian is huge! You may have a problem finding your room (Hint: Choose reference points or follow the Room Service people)...Once you learn your way, the place is an ongoing experience. If you stay in the Venetian Tower then the suites will be slightly different than advertised. They're comfortable with amenities including bathrobes. Check-in is challenging (don't be in a hurry, there is a long wait even at the official check-in time) we arrived before the official check-in time so we left our luggage with the Bell Staff and shopped and ate lunch at the Grande Canal Shoppes a really great mall on the property. We found the gaming floor more noisy,boisterous than what we were used to and walked over thew bridge to Treasure Island. The Roman Tub in the suite was my favorite spot in the hotel. The place is truly large and opulent but honestly we liked Treasure Island better but always enjoy the Grand Canal Shoppes when we visit Las Vegas. If there is one flaw with the Venetian it is the sheer size and magnitude of the place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed the relaxing roman tub, and that you found our resort truly large and opulent. It truly is a large resort, so I do appreciate your candid comments. Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back to The Venetian in the future.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I researched vegas hotels for about 2 months and really wanted to get the Aria- however the costs was not within my budget- so we chose the Venetian and it was not disappointing. I really enjoyed the view, and our king suit was really huge! We had access to everything while at the hotel, and the staff was really nice.
There were three tvs in the room- and the bathrooms made you feel like you spent an arm and a leg because of how nice they looked

Room Tip: the deluxe king city view suit offers a great view of the vegas strip and its pretty big which is al...
Green Features: i did see families with small children at the hotel however, there was also a lot of smoke and the smell of the cigarettes was unbearable, I definitely would not bring my small children.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian and for your positively delightful review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you had a fantastic time with us and enjoyed not only your view but your beautiful suite. I very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Just visited for a weekend again, I need to say the product and service is very consistent for many years now. We like the Christmas show in front of the hotel every night it was very well done.
We enjoy the Z Restaurant and bar excellent food.