“Great trip”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I participated in the Rock and Roll half marathon and was sent to the Venetian. It was the perfect place to rest and recover before and after the race! Great location, great service, and great surroundings!

Room Tip: Suites are amazing!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent trip to Las Vegas for the Rock & Roll Marathon. It is with great delight that you had a great trip, and that you found The Venetian to be the perfect place to rest and recover. Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back to The Venetian in the near future.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

of all the exciting places to stay in las vegas I must say our stay at the venetian/palazzo is always the best. we have stayed at other vegas resorts but this particular property is consistently an outstanding and sure "bet". the rooms are well proportioned and always maintained. the beds and pillows in your suite are more than comfortable. the staff will make you feel as though you are their special guest and go above and beyond what you normally experience in a las vegas resort. there are plenty of high end shops and restaurants to choose from as well as food courts to satisfy your fast food needs. you will appreciate the security at this property both inside and outside the hotel/casino. overall this is an exceptional resort and has always been a good experience for us.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a good view. you never know sometimes, depending on availability, there is no ch...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

With all your travels to Las Vegas, I am overjoyed to know that you have deemed The Venetian as the best resort in our find city. What a high compliment! I thank you.

We strive to provide a charming home away from home for our guests, and I am so glad that you were able to experience this level of luxury and service. I look forward to your return visits to The Venetian.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Las Vegas is an experience in itself and the Venitian is simply and extension thereof. The rooms are very nice; the bed was wonderfully comfortable. The Linen white and crisp. The decor is lovelyd but the rooms are dark. The 3 TVs was excessive for someone not into watching at all. I found the service very good, getting a response within 2 hours on an Internet enquiry. Taking the time difference int account, that was impressive!

Room Tip: If spending time in room ensure you have a view. Lower floors are noisy
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank E T

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy that you found your experience at The Venetian to be a simply wonderful one, and that you were able to enjoy our winter festival, Winter in Venice. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Tonight is my last night out of six. My review is based on not one experience but a week's worth. The number of "incidences" that led up to the only one star I have given are way to many to share here. The main issue which relates to most of the incidences had to do with the fact I could not get into my room the first four nights. My key did not work and supposedly it was to be fixed repeatedly. It finally was on fourth night and engineer gave me new keys that we tested. The front desk failed to tell me though that they rekeyed my room and therefore a fifth time I came to room and couldn't get in. I went to the front desk and a young man walked me to the room to ensure I got in my room. I asked that he send up a bucket of ice. You would think it would be immediate given the nightmare of the week with this hotel. He had also given me his name in case I had any issues that evening. Well when after 30 mins. the ice didn't arrive and my blinds wouldn't opened I tried calling this front desk clerk through the operator. No one knew him and after four people picked up the phone and put me on hold I somehow got the front office manager. I explained what had happened that week. She says well this is the first I have heard of this as if it was my fault. I told her that I asked earlier that evening the first time I couldn't get into the room to talk with a manager and the response of the clerk Erin was to the effect the issue (getting lock finally fixed) was being fixed and why did I need a manager. I had shared with her part of my issues that week and she had zero concern except to get an engineer to the room and move on. No apologies.

Back to fourth evening and no ice and blinds. I told the manager you can send ice and an engineer but it better be in 10 mins. because I was not going to spend anymore than the 90 mins. I had already spent dealing with them. And she was like sure sure. Well 30 mins. later engineer shows up and 45 mins. later the ice.

Day five I tell my events staff my experience with the hotel as am here for work and this had been a horrible situation to deal with in the evenings when I need to prepare for presentations. Well then finally some manager leaves a message and sends up chocolate covered fruit with water? Don't splurge on a glass of wine but that is fine. Nice gesture finally. Day five and six there were also mishaps with wake-up call.

On my final evening I ordered chips with salsa and guacamole. I had them last night and they were fabulous....which was good as fish and baked potato (at $9 was disgusting) were a bust. Tonight after 45 mins. the order arrives with no guacamole. Are you kidding? No one calls to tell me and offer another solution....or adjust the price. With all the added fees am I really going to pay $25 for chips and salsa?

This place is a joke. This isn't even the whole story. I have many others but will share one more as it was really bad. One other incidence worth noting is while having lunch at the Sands expo during our event a green caterpillar crawls out of my friends salad. I won't even bother sharing the unbelievable responses from the waiter. After a couple of tries I finally got a waiter to remove the salad from the buffet.

I had thought when I first walked in and saw my room (all suites here) that this hotel would get a 5....but turned into a hotel experience I will never forget for all the wrong reasons. I can't wait to check out and get out of here. It wasn't one or two incidences but constant incidences...there is some real systemic problems here. A shame as if they could get their act together it could be great.

Room Tip: Don't book it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
14  Thank dianegooslin1960
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing The Venetian to be your host during your current visit to Las Vegas. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit has not been a complete success. I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian and our team for your experience so far during your stay.

Since you are currently still here, I have directed a member of our management team to reach out to you regarding your concerns. Again, I apologize about the challenges you have experienced so far, and I want to assure you that we are going to do what it takes to resolve the challenges you have brought our attention.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had a very good time with all the convenience, luxury, comfortable while away from home.
The service is very fast, I requested some more blanket & towel at the front desk. When I came up to the room I found out the things already delivered. Wow!

Room Tip: Beautiful, luxury, quiet, comfortable.....I enjoyed it very much
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

What a joy to know that you were able to enjoy the convenience, luxury and comfort of The Venetian. We are happy to be your home away from home whenever you visit Las Vegas, so I invite you back to our resort each and every time your travels bring you to our fabulous city.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I spent a week between the Venetian and Palazzo in Vegas. The service was just great. I had a problem with the lighting in our lovely suite.The hotel manager Enara promptly moved us to another suite in the Palazzo which was just as beautiful. The decor of this hotel is fantastic and has the lovely gondola canal in it. The canal shoppes are a must. The dining in the restaurants is fantastic. The outside performance of winter in Venice was spectacular. The rooms are very comfortable. We would highly recommend staying at the Venetian if in vegas

Room Tip: An executive strip view suite. Very large and comfortable
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that when you and your wife encountered your only challenge, our team assisted you directly.

There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We did a road trip of Arizona and stayed in Vegas on 2 separate nights. The Venetian being our pick for the last night in Vegas.
What a great decision!
Despite not being able to find the hotel lobby/front desk from the self parking, having to ask multiple directions getting different answers from the staff each time, navigating our way through the many layers of the hotel. When we did eventually get to the front desk, despite it being a bit of a queue, it moved quickly and was very well organized.
The welcoming staff were very friendly efficient and helpful. There were entertainers walking the hallways dressed up in Venetian theme. Really loved the creativity and character of the entertainers.

Hotel room was super! We got a luxury suite with a strip view in the Venetian tower. All I can say is wow! The bed was super comfy, the bathroom was lovely, a tub and walk in shower with jets at mid level. There was a sunken living room just off the bedroom. All very tastefully decorated and well laid out. We found everything we needed.

Swimming facilities - beautifully designed, nicely themed. 2 hots tubs of different sizes, two pools of different sizes and temperatures too. Used all of them!

All in all a very pleasing stay, don't have any major gripes.
The restaurants in the canal area all looked lovely but were a bit pricy for us us. The gondola rides looked delightfully cheesy, but loved watching those who took it. You could spend hours walking around the hotel getting lost a few times too.

Would definitely recommend a stay here, If you want a bit of luxury.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your superb review! Despite the miscommunications with the directions to the Front Desk upon your arrival at The Venetian, I am so glad that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your night with us. Our Winter in Venice performers are definitely a sight to see and an awe to listen to, so I am glad that you were able to bask in the creative charm of our characters. I am elated that you found your suite and the amenities within it to be luxurious and that your stay was pleasant. We hope to welcome you back to The Venetian in the future, so that we may continue our strides to providing you with unforgettable memories.