“My first stay at the Fabulous Venetian but it won't be my last!”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have been wanting to stay at the Venetian (all suites hotel) for a few years now. It’s now one of my favorite hotels in Vegas. From the moment you enter the lobby area and walk down the grand entry hallway, you can tell that you’re some place special. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and nicely appointed. My suite had three Samsung tv’s (my favorite brand) including a small one in the bathroom. When I opened the door and entered the bathroom through double doors, I was in love. The bathroom could accommodate a small bed. It includes a double vanity basin, bathtub, glass enclosed shower, toilet in a separate room and makeup vanity with stool. These sunken suites have two steps down to the living area where there is a L-shaped sectional sofa, sofa table with ottoman, table and a desk. The electric curtains and blinds are a nice touch. I only dined at the Grand Lux Café because of the very good food, menu variety and reasonable prices. The hotel is enormous and has a nice mall (Grand Canale Shoppes) with Barneys of NY as the anchor store and a 24-hour Walgreen’s Pharmacy and is also connected to its sister hotel, the Palazzo. You can also take gondola rides in the mall. Both hotels are part of InterContinental so it’s worth your while to obtain InterContinental’s Ambassador membership so that you have access to a separate check-in area, a free upgrade and a guaranteed 4pm checkout. These two hotels have over 7,000 suites. Warning, when you take a taxi from Las Vegas’ airport, be sure to tell them to take the city route and not the highway. The city route will cost about $20 but the highway could run $30 to 40. The Strip is right near the airport. If you’re coming in the terminal where American Airlines is, the taxi queue can be long and slow so use a porter and you’ll be able to skip that taxi queue (if it’s long). The conference and meeting space is enormous and beautiful. The only negatives were that the wash basin’s hot water never got as hot as the shower or bathtub but I didn’t report this until I left. In addition, the overhead lighting over the wash basins has miniature bulbs and cast shadows that creates blind spots which you realize when you’re trying to comb or style your hair. The gym is the best and largest that I've ever seen in a hotel. It's in the Canyon Ranch Spa and features a 3-story rock climbing wall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations and shopping options at The Venetian. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas Strip we are very proud of our standard suites, and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

I am also very glad that you were able to enjoy the many offerings we have on property. We hope that you felt right at home. Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor, and for the helpful tips you have provided to our other fellow guests. I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

There are newer reviews for The Venetian Las Vegas

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was my 3rd stay at the Venetian within the last 4 years. It did not disappoint. I arrived around 830pm on a Saturday night. The hotel was nearly sold out and very busy , however the check in process was quick and efficient. I heard the desk clerk say they were very low on nonsmoking suites, but I am a Platinum IHG Rewards member and he was able to upgrade me to a suite with a strip view on the 30th floor.
We quickly got to our room which was as expected, clean and fresh.
We met some friends and walked around and ate at Grand Luxe around midnight and service was quick and efficient.
This is a great resort and I love the location. I am coming back in December and can't wait!

Room Tip: If you are a Platinum member ask for upgrade.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the review that you have shared with us on TripAdvisor. I am humbled to read such a positive review, and I am truly glad that you were pleased with The Venetian. Guests like you make our resorts what they are today, and I am particularly pleased to read that you are an Intercontinental Hotels Rewards Member. As the first ever Intercontinental Alliance resort we are proud to have received such a glowing review as IHG Rewards members are among our most important guests. I look forward to your return visit in December.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just returned home after a 5 night stay in this beautiful hotel - after a slight booking in glitch (our rooms were not available on arrival so were upgraded for 1 night to a fantastic suite with wonderful views - shame we could not keep it for the whole stay!) we were given our king suite on floor 20 - rooms 312 and 318 - lovely rooms but no views worth mentioning. This did not spoil the visit as the whole experience of the hotel and Vegas exceeded expectations. The hotel was spotless and so well designed with impressive decor very reminiscent of Venice itself including indoor canals, gondola rides and St Marks square with numerous bars and cafes to enjoy. We would happily return to this hotel.
The only problem we encountered was a misunderstanding over their practice of keeping open your debit/credit/cash card as the hotel reserve $150 per night for costs against your preferred card - in our case it was against our cash card thus tying up the bulk of our cash funds - these funds have not yet been released 5 days after (a) discovering the problem and (b) discussing the problem with the hotel staff - we transferred to another card hoping that that our cash would be freed up but this did not happened in time to spend the cash on holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a view - Level 20 rooms 312 and 318 look across a small space at a hotel opposite - so just...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and that your visit exceeded your expectations. Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenge you experienced with the communication of our incidental deposit. We should have communicated this to you more clearly although it was within the policy that was signed for upon arrival. I am pleased, however, that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

large hotel, chq, in just after midnight, so no long qs, after long flight, told the room we ad booked
was taken, so would have to have smokers room, as we don't smoke we were not very happy about this but had no choice, lady at desk told us get some sort of device to make it not smell so much, we declined as just wanted to sleep, when we entered the room it hit us , everthing smelled of smoke inc bedding and pillows, neither of us slept well that night, next day we were moved , (to a better room at no extra cost ) same room other part hotel, not a great start . to holiday.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and I apologize if we did not exceed your expectations. I hope that your experience did not dampen your outlook of The Venetian, and that you will allow us the privilege of serving you on a future visit. My team will most definitely be reaching out to you directly, so that we are able to discuss your last stay and ensure that we make the necessary improvements to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Huge yet cosy hotel. Very clean and beautiful design. Staff very attentive and you feel comfortable as there is always someone you can turn to (especially when you get lost in the building..). If you go to the Expo or the Palazzo and wearing heels , leave cca 15 min for the walk as from some rooms it may take you that much time getting there. Tried some dining outlets and very satisfied with the quality (TAO, Bouchon etc.) the hidden boulangerie of the Bouchon behind the Venetian casino is a great option for some tasty take away breakfast. Suites are large and well equipped ! Loved the marble bathrooms with the big mirrors, the seperated toilet. Not the biggest fan of the amenities but these were always replanished and was abundant. An elegant experience, thank you!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure having you, and I am excited that you experienced true elegance. Your experience and great review of our resort is a driving force of our commitment to excellent guest service and superior accommodations, and we most definitely look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was at the Venetian the beginning of October 2013, but a conference. I've always loved stopping by this hotel while I'm visiting Las Vegas. It wasn't quite as amazing as I had expected, but it was still a wonderful stay! It was definitely showing signs of wear, but that is to be expected as I believe its almost 15 years old. The location is a little too far south from all the action on the strip for my preference. The bed was very comfy and the room was very large!

Dear Guest,

Your review was a delight to read, and I thank you for providing us with such insightful feedback. I am joyed that you had an impressive stay at The Venetian. I am also very appreciative of the wonderful suggestions that you have provided us as it gives us an opportunity to better our services and amenities. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel is beautiful - the décor, atmosphere, staff and facilities at this hotel make it a must have stop if staying on the strip.

We stayed for six nights in September 2013. The room was fabulous. Five star luxury. The suite had a separate living area which was very spacious. Our bathroom had a separate shower, two sinks, a dressing area and wonderful fluffy towels.

Whilst in the Venetian we ate at the Grand lux café (the sister restaurant of the Cheesecake factory) which was good food at good prices. The menu was very large, almost too large. Would recommend it but for slightly more informal dining.

Dining wise the highlight for me was brunch at Bouchon - their French style restaurant. Very busy - but for a good reason. Maple waffles with vanilla bean butter was a highlight. As was the eggs on brioche with hollandaise sauce and spinach!

The only slight downside is the size of this hotel - it is massive. It took us two lifts to get to our room and we did get lost a couple of times. Also the pools were good but not the best so if your looking to laze by the pool this might not be the hotel for you. At peak times (from about 12 noon) the way the pools are built only a few of them get sunlight so as you can imagine everyone squeezes into the one area with sunlight. We aren't into lazing by the pool so wasn't a problem for us but could be if this is your thing.

Would not hesitate to return and would highly recommend. Good price as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here at The Venetian. Your satisfaction of our prime location, luxurious suites and the wonderful service extended from my teams reminds us of our five-diamond commitment to superior guest service, and I am pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. I must agree with you on Grand Lux Cafe and Bouchon - they are delightful indeed.

Thank you again for your positive review, and I look forward to hosting you at The Venetian for many Las Vegas vacations to come.