“Las Vegas visit”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The room was great. The service was good and options for food on the property abundant. The only issue we had was the noise in the hallways all night. With that exception we felt we received very good value for money invested.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for kind compliments of The Venetian. I am truly glad that you were able to enjoy the fine dining options that we have on property. I am elated as well that you were satisfied with your suite and the service extended by my teams. I do want to apologize for the disturbances that you experienced from the hallways, and I will be sure to share this with my teams, so that we may ensure that occurrences such as these do not happen in the future. The comfort of our guests are one of our top priorities.

Thank you again, and I look forward to your return visit.

There are newer reviews for The Venetian Las Vegas

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Could not ask for more in a Vegas hotel.

Check in was painless, they even kept our luggage until the room was ready.

The common areas and room were both kept very clean. The room was cleaned around our schedule.

The pools were great...but a bit crowded for this time of year (mid October).

The casino stayed busy, nothing remarkable, bug no issues either.

Tons of shops and restaurants are connected...the gondola rides looked fun!

There is literally nothing you have to leave he resort for...if you were so inclined.

I would stay here again....the price is at the top, but well worth it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay. Being able to deliver an great to our guests is what we aim to do, and I am so glad that you had a fantastic time with us.

It is with genuine hopes that we continue to extend a level of service that is truly second-to-none. Thank you for such kind words, and I look forward to your next visit with us. Please do enjoy our Gondola ride - it is a wonderful experience.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent Stay at the Venetian, big rooms, nice bathrooms just be aware that if you get a room in the Venenzia tower, it is a LONG walk to the room from the lobby/casino. Had a great night at TAO nightclub too!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Venezia is designed to provide a more secluded, quiet and restful experience away from the hustle and bustle of the main casino floor and resort. I do apologize if it was too far away for your liking, and I am disheartened to hear that you did not bring the discontent with your suite location to our attention while you were here on property, as we would have made every attempt to relocate you to a suite in our main Venetian tower. When returning to our resorts in the future, I do recommend The Venetian or The Palazzo.

Again, I thank you, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is only my second time to Las Vegas. The last time I stayed at the Rio. Nice but nothing like the beauty and opulence of the Venetian. I have staying in many upscale hotels around the world, but the Venetian is the best. From the time you drive up through check in and having your bags delivered to your room, the service was right on. During check in, they noticed we had a suit without a view. The agent asked if we would like an upgrade to a view room which we accepted. First of all, all the rooms are suite. Ours was 620sf with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the pools and strip. Nice touches like electric shades and curtains that can be operated from a remote. The kind size bed was very comfortable. The sunken living room was a nice touch. It did make the room feel like it was two rooms.

Now let's talk about the restaurants. Yes, they are pricey but coming from the NYC area nothing out of the normal. Lavo was nice, excellent food for dinner. AquaKnox was some of the best seafood I've ever had. The service was over the top. I happen to mention to the host that it was our anniversary. Not only did we get a private cozy booth, but ONE of our waiters came over with two glasses of Champaign. They didn't have to do anything, but nice touches like this separate the average restaurants from the up scale PROFESSIONAL establishment.

The next night we ate at Zeffirino's overlooking the canal shops. Even though they lost our reservation which was made through the hotel, they seated us without much of a wait. Again, excellent service. The Oso Buco was out of this world. We were able to watch the gondolas go by while we ate. A very relaxing and beautiful meal.

Even the slice of pizza we bought at the food court in the Venetian casino was great. And that's coming from a New Yorker.

The only down side to the meals was the breakfast at Grand Lux café. A bit too small and crowded. Food was second rate and prices were way too high for this type of establishment. We did have two nice breakfast's at Bouchons.

The hotel itself is in a great location. Right next to the Wynn and across the street from the Mirage and Treasure Island.

We did gamble a bit, but most of the evening we spend going to various shows in other hotels. I have to say, being highly allergic to cigarette smoke, both casinos had great air filtration systems. It did get a bit worse on Thursday night.

In closing I see no reason to stay anywhere else in Vegas but the Venetian. They have it all !

My wife and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Go for the upgraded room view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your resort of choice during your second trip to Las Vegas. What a pleasure having you at The Venetian. I am truly thankful for the insightful and detailed review that you have provided our fellow travelers on TripAdvisor. You have provided such great insight on The Venetian experience, and I am grateful that you were able to live the magic of The Venetian. Our unsurpassed services and exquisitely luxurious suites are the highlight of our Resort, and it is a delight to know that you enjoyed those aspects of your stay along with the world-class restaurants that we have on property. LAVO, Zefferino and Aquaknox are definitely superb. Please do accept my apologies for your less than stellar experience at Grand Lux Cafe, however. I will be sure to share your concerns with their team as they too seek opportunities to better their services.

Thank you so much again for your lovely review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian one day soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a couple if nights at the hotel in a king suite which has great space with a small living room and office table, 2 tvs and a very spacious bathroom. Space-wise it was perfect.
Location also perfect for my needs as i only wanted to do things on caesars, the hotel itself and wynn.

Negatives
1- regards to having smokers on the same floor as your non smoking room. It was like having a smoker in the room. I didn't like it.
2- the hotel needs more signs on where are the entry/exit to hotel rooms, canals, restaurants, garages and so on.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank ragdias

Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian as your host during your recent visit. I am humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to improve our services than by receiving vital feedback from a valued guest.

I sincerely apologize for the smoking and signage challenges that you experienced. We do not allow smoking on our non-smoking floors, so this is something that I will be looking into further. Please be assured that I do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, so I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I hope this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again. It would be a pleasure hosting you once again.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

First time to the US & our first stop was Vegas! What a magical place! Such a beautiful & HUGE hotel! You don't even need to leave it as you have everything you could possibly need here! Love the 'streets' of Venice! With so many beautiful shops & restaurants ... (the canal was drained for maintenance unfortunately, would have loved to see it in all it's glory) ... we have nothing like this in Australia, so it really is an amazing experience! Spent WAY to much money shopping! Vegas is definitely the place to shop!!! Our room was HUGE & beautiful & sooooooo cheap! Although really easy to get lost as the hotel is massive! lol Everything was fantastic & we had no problems at all with anything, our stay was perfect from start to finish! Would definitely come back as I feel the location of the hotel is the BEST ... Nicest part of Vegas for sure! Can't wait for my return visit, this time will make it my final stop & shop shop shop (dragging multiple suitcases around America was not a fun time! lol)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Your review was an absolute pleasure to read. Thank you for providing such a wonderful overview of your experience at The Venetian and for allowing fellow travelers an opportunity to know the charm that The Venetian has to offer. You truly deserve the romance and magic of The Venetian.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We booked here and had a great stay. Grat rooms and very clean. We loved the shops in the canal area and strolling. Kind of wierd the way we had to walk to our rooms up and elevator and then across the hotel and then up again but we got used to the walk and actually started to enjoy it. I would go again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate the kind sentiments you have shared of our impeccable suites and divine shopping options at The Venetian. We endeavor to provide one-of-a-kind experiences to our guests with a wide array of amenities and services under one roof, so I am glad that you experienced what we have to offer.

Thank you for choosing The Venetian, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.