“Disappointed on our tenth anniversary” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 266 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Singapore, Singapore
“Disappointed on our tenth anniversary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in the early hours after a 40 hour flight and our bags had gone missing. The check in experience was frankly appalling- the lady was unfriendly and didn't even try to make us welcome.
My husband had booked an expensive large suite but I felt we were just let down- not even a paper delivered to your room and no kid free pool to relax by. It didn't feel exclusive, just an overrun resort and we didn't even get a chance to enjoy the facilities.
Valet and cleaning staff are great but again, these large resorts often mean that things are compromised so it was not uncommon for dirty room service plates and trash to be lying in corridors for hours.
Thought we would love staying here but wished we'd tried the palazzo instead. Location was fab but if you are going as a couple celebrating something special don't expect any personal touches to your experience.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Raksands
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and we sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing us to host you during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success and I sincerely apologize that the challenges experienced put a damper on the celebration of your 10th anniversary. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, we invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department directly. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,023)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
balltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Venetian is wonderful. All suites. Very comfy!! Beds are great. The Canyon ranch Spa is wonderful & so is the gym. The staff were all wonderful & accommodating. Very relaxing. I was sorry to leave!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the bed in your suite and that you had a wonderful time at Canyon Ranch Spa. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Wow, this hotel is beautiful, clean, and I felt very reasonably priced for what was luxurious accommodations. I really can't imagine staying anywhere else. I loved having a "living room" for entertaining guests. The room was spacious with a large bathroom and all hotel services were polite and accommodating. I enjoyed every minute I was there and definitely will come back. Worth every penny spent.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas Strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo have earned your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.

Bulkington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The only hotel to have Venice and its canals on the second floor along with St. Marks Square. It has to be one of the wowest hotels in Vegas. All the staff were helpful and polite, as the size of the hotel takes some navigating, especially at first. The suites were amazing. If we went back to Vegas would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that your stay was exceptional and I look forward to your return in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Me and my girlfriend had the most fantastic time whilst visiting Las Vegas in July 2013 whilst at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino.

The hotel from outside is unreal and walking in you are just lost for words with the architecture and surroundings, it is like no other.

The hotel staff are extremely friendly and welcoming and we were extremely grateful for the gentlemen on the front desk who kindly upgraded us to the Suites as it was a special holiday for me and my girlfriend. Incredible service. Did it with smile and couldn't be more helpful. PERFECT...

The hotel and casino was unreal. Good atmosphere and pool area was also incredible. Such a nice atmosphere and surroundings. It was nice to see everyone dressed casually, as my girlfriend was unsure and apprehensive as to attire. Seeing people in flip flops and shorts in the evening calmed her down (as she thought it was all glits and glamour). This was not the case, although it could have been too, which was the beauty of the hotel.

We had the best time and could not ask for any more. We will 100% be going back there (and to the Venetian) as we could not fault anything. Food was amazing too, ok, it could be considered too pricey in some restaurants. Ice cream also, for example, was far too expensive. 4 scoops, 2 for me 2 for my girlfriend was $15. That's a lot of money no matter how you look at it.

All in all however VISIT THE VENETIAN HOTEL AND CASINO AND YOU WILL HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER.

Room Tip: The suites are unreal. 3 tv's. A lounge area. a comfy bed and amazing bathroom.
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly and clean. So well looked after and cared for. AMAZING.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kicks8
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo exceeded your expectations and provided you with unmatched service and accommodations. Since, The Venetian | The Palazzo is now your first choice when visiting Las Vegas, I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Oslo, Norway

Experience!

Easy and quick check in, lovely rooms with wonderful large and soft beds.
The fitness center is also impressive. Nice restaurants and shopping too. Venetian Resort hotel is right on the strip, which means it is only a few minutes walk whatever you would like to experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your positive feedback regarding The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo have earned your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Venetian for a much needed stay-cation. This was our little get a way from everyday hussle and bussle, and because we are local we DO NOT frequent the strip much. I am so grateful that we choose the Venetian!!! The hotel itself was beautiful, clean and fresh; I could barely smell the smoke:) The room we had was NOT your average room, it was a mini suite with a sunken living room that was so enjoyable after dinner to relax instead of hanging out on a bed before we hit the V-Bar for a night of dancing and cocktails. I will absolutely book my next stay-cation at the Venetian....

Room Tip: Ask for room 22-216 is was FABULOUS!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It was a privilege to host you during your stay-cation! I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your well deserved relaxation time. As a Las Vegas local, please continue to stop by to enjoy Carnevale at The Venetian | The Palazzo. The Carnevale celebration will be taking place until just after Labor Day. This year there are even more reasons to celebrate as we have over 300 unique experiences lined up throughout the festival. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.