“Beautiful Hotel...But With Problems”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #9 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Massapequa, New York
“Beautiful Hotel...But With Problems”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Venetian hotel is all that everyone else says it is...beautiful, with spacious rooms, But there were some problems, which although corrected should not take place in this type of hotel. First of all, our flight was delayed and when we arrived we were told that the room we requested had been given away...I guess the fact that we had paid for the room in advance did not mean anything. It took 15 minutes and our desk clerk meeting with a manager (almost like buying a car) for them to find a room with a view to make up for their mistake. Our room was not cleaned one day and we had to call housekeeping at 10:00pm...the person who came way very upset and there was never another problem. I would check your bill very carefully...In checking my bill, at checkout, I discovered a charge of $44.58 which I did not authorize. When I called the front desk it was immediately removed...no questions??? makes you wonder. The staff is very accommodating, however, some are not familiar with hotel policy or procedures.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,729)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Greenville
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have traveled to Vegas many, many times in the past ten years and we have stayed in most of the resort hotels on South LV Blvd. (We often visit the "old" strip but we prefer to stay in the newer section). We love to stay at the Venetian-Palazzo. It is truly beautiful and, at the same time, we feel quite at home here. The murals, paintings and lighting throughout portions of the resort are gorgeous.
The three towers offer similar suite styles - a well-appointed bedroom area, a spacious step-down living area, and a luxurious bathroom - all immaculately clean. The Venetian and Palazzo share a large swimming facility and the Venezia has its own intimate garden pool area. The more modern-looking Palazzo has its own entrance, lobby and casino, while the other towers "share" these features. There is ready access between the casinos and the restaurants/entertainment venues on the first floor. The second floor boasts a multitude of shops and restaurants, access to the gondola rides, and the lovely St. Mark's Square (don't miss it!). In the beautiful outdoor plaza, one can view the gondolas and there is seasonal entertainment.
Our favorite tower is the Venezia - its lobby and hallways exhibit the old world elegance which is demonstrated throughout the Venetian hotel lobby, entrances and casino. The suites are slightly smaller and the route to your room is somewhat circuitous - but well worth the walk!
As for entertainment, we have seen many shows here, including Phantom of the Opera (3 times!), The Jersey Boys, Human Nature, Wayne Brady, The Blue Man Group, and Rita Rudner. Be sure to check-out the show options.
The VP boasts a great location on the strip - close to Harrah's, the Wynn and the Mirage. There are many restaurant choices offering all levels of service, prices and food variety. The resort staff is amazing - the customer service in all areas is excellent!!! The players club has generous offers. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kkwill29
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that your stay was exceptional and I look forward to your return in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was indeed a lovely hotel and the standard was way above anything my family and I have ever stayed in. We were upgraded, at a small extra cost to one of their suites and it was absolutely beautiful, I thought my boys would never leave. If your going to Las Vegas it's definitely worth considering and it's location is fantastic, not too close but not too far from the glitz and glamour of the Vegas strip. The staff were very friendly and helpful when needed. Thanks for a great first visit to Las Vegas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Doimel
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas Strip we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel just exceeded all my expectations, the bathroom is the first thing I have to mention it was absolutely divine! Beautifully laid out and very regal decor throughout the hotel. Staff dressed in venetian costumes just made it brilliant. I was expecting tacky Vegas which I got in bucketfulls (and loved!) but this hotel was also just beautiful.
I agree with other reviewers that, as we stayed in the towers, the walk from the room to the casino/restaurants is practically half a mile, but I think this would be the same in any of the hotels to be honest. Having looked around at others I am so glad I stayed here. The Venetian casino is perhaps not the best of them all but its so easy to casino-hop. The pool area was nice, crowded but good. Other hotels had much larger pool areas such as the mirage which might be better if you are travelling with children.
All in all brilliant time!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read of your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Westchester County, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wow! What an amazing hotel! Yes - it's extremely BIG and extremely BUSY but that's because it's fantastic.

The line to check in was long but it went by record fast. The manager who checked me in was pleasant and accommodating which set my trip off to a good start.

Trekking though the lobby to the Venetian Towers was crazy. I mean, the hotel hands you a MAP to help you navigate and you need it since it's huge.

The room was also huge - 2 double beds, a sunken living room (there are steps within the room) with a sectional ,dining area and desk plus fully stocked mini bar. We could have had a slumber party, the room was so big. However, it was also tastefully decorated and had some nice touches (double sink, motorized blinds etc) and a VERY COMFORTABLE bed. It's rare that I find a bed more comfortable than my own but the bed at the Venetian was pretty close to being perfect for me.

However, what made this hotel stand out more was the amenities:

1) The Gondola ride and the fake ceiling were both really really impressive
2) Great high end stores at the Canal Shoppes - Barney's, Cartier, Bottega Vanetta to name a few. There were also some middle tier stores like Banana Republic, Victoria's Secret and Steve Madden. Even if you can't buy much, it's so nice to stroll around the shops because the place is so clean and pretty
3) A huge selection of restaurants including ones from Batali, Emeril and Wolfgang Puck. I had a great dinner at the Public house - the cheesecake was delicious (as was everything else)
4) Great coffee choices including Bouchon - one of my favorite coffee places of all time
5) Lots of space to gamble - I'm not a gambler but I noticed that there was plenty of room and empty tables despite the fact that it seemed like there were a lot of people
6) If you're into this kind of thing, there is a pretty happening night club on premise
7) Rock of Ages theater also on premise.
8) Nice and quiet hallways/rooms- since it's Vegas I expected to hear all types of noise but the hotel was quiet, I didn't even hear hallway noise which is unusual.

Sadly, I was here for business so I can't comment on the pool though I had a great view from my room and it looked really nice.

The Venetian is truly a beautiful hotel and one that you would never have to leave as it has everything you can think of under it's roof. We got some great rates so for the money, I would even raise it to 5 stars but not sure if we were operating under some type of corporate rate. However, for the rate we paid, it can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jyyanks
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed our opulent suites and indulgent housekeeping service. Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenge you experienced with the resort being too busy.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My partner and I were traveling over five states and we choose the Venetian for our Vegas experience! I loved this hotel!!!! I loved our beautiful room! Elegance at its finest! I honestly did not want to leave our room. I had arrived In Vegas in poor health from long flights. I could not wait to get to my room. When we entered the entrances.. I looked in and thought oh my god.. How beautiful is this! The bathroom was so elegant with double basins, sep toilet facilities, the showe and bath, amazing! And I LOVED the mirror/ sit down make up facilities! The King bed was like sleeping on a cloud! Sensational nights sleep! The in house safe facility was very important to us! The sunken lounge room with corner lounge and dining tables was fantastic... When we were there two weeks ago, it was record breaking temperatures of 48 degrees c. It was so incredibly hot, but the air on services was amazing! I loved how everything was at the hotel! It's massive and you seriously can get lost its so huge! But I loved everything about this hotel and was one of the highlights about our trip! The value for money for the luxury experience was fantastic! We paid over two thousand dollars in hawaii for the same nights accommodation in a luxury resort and we were so bitterly disappointed compared to our beautiful stay in the Venetian! This was my favorite pace in all of our trip .. I truly believe ours was the best choice in all of the accommodation in Vegas and will defiantly come back... My only downside if any was the car parking seemed hide to find to the hotel! But what a small thing in the scale of things... Congratulations Venetian for how a luxury hotel should be! It was beautiful!!!!!

Room Tip: Luxury room suite for value but I'm sure the others are even nicer!
1 Thank Loverso222

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My Wife and I travel to Las Vegas once a year and this was our first time staying at the Venetian. The accommodations are beautiful, the room is spacious and very clean. We had a nice view of the strip where we could sit at our window and watch the volcano erupt at the Mirage. The entire staff was extremely helpful and polite. The Venetian is very big and is easy to loose your way but they have people stationed at different areas throughout the hotel to assist you. The shops were nice and border the indoor gondola ride which we did not ride this time because we had previously done that. The restaurants and food court had great food, we especially liked the Grand Lux. Although we did visit other casinos we always found ourselves back at the Venetian because we liked their casino the best. We will definately stay at the Venetian again and have already told others planning on going to Vegas to really consider staying at the Venetian, they will not be dissappointed.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo exceeded your expectations and provided you with unmatched service and accommodations. Since, The Venetian | The Palazzo is now your first choice when visiting Las Vegas, I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.