“Loved Venetian,Buffet excellent (crepes)”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 10, 2004

I have have been to Vegas about 4 times a yeat for the last 5 or 6 years and stayed at most of the larger hotel/casinos and this is one of the tops..Everything is top of the line. I, however, didn't play here most of the time as I didn't thing it payed off like some of the other casinos...Would go back in a split second........

6  Thank vwmaster68

Reviewed February 7, 2004

My husband and I just returned from our lovely stay at the Venetian. We have traveled extensively over 17 years and this by far is one of the very best hotel suites we have ever stayed in. The room was immaculate and luxurious. A step-down living room, 2 entertainment centers with flat screen tv's, beautiful furniture with much thought to exquisite detail. The beds were very comfortable and bathroom was one that I wish I had the space for in my own home! We were in the new tower so be prepared to walk a bit..but it is worth it. The restaurants were clean, good food. A few a bit expensive, but what the heck..it was vacation!
As a non-smoker, found that the casino was the "best tolerated" as the lingering smell of stale smoke was not to be found at the Ventetian, unlike other hotels. The grounds were beautiful and staff courteus.
Definitely recommend this lovely property.

4  Thank andrea
Toronto, ON
Reviewed February 7, 2004

Where do I begin? I took more photos of this hotel then all of Las Vegas. It is beautiful, the staff super friendly and the food is excellent.

We were upgraded to the Venezia tower, which gave us a slightly larger room and I have read some people complain of the extra walking but in Vegas everywhere is a walk...that's Vegas, when you have Casino's over 100,000 square feet and hotels that house 3000-5000 rooms, you are gonna walk...whether you like it or not!!! So bring running shoes!! My feet ached like hell but the it was ALL worth it 10x over! I have been to the "real" Venice in Italy many times and this hotel certainly did it justice.... The room service was first rate, the room was gorgeous, huge marble bathroom with crystal shower (that never streaks) - 2 flat screen TV's fax, minibar, snack bar, several of the latest magazines....all at your disposal. The restaurants offered at the hotel cover a wide spectrum, from an excellent food court, to the world renown Zeffirino Italian Seafood restaurant overlooking the canals and shoppes!!!

Go to the Venetian....if you want quality and class..if you can find fault with this hotel then you should never leave home again!!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
south florida
Reviewed February 7, 2004

Loved my stay there and thought the rooms were great, big clean bathrooms. I had dinner at Delmonico's but had to eat at the bar as it was packed. Still it was the best steak I have had in years, perhaps the best ever. Loved the atmosphere and the Renaissance/Italian feeling and theme throughout. I wanted a ride in the gondola through the manmade canals (what a great idea), but it was always busy or wait time too long. Only other problem was noise from construction outside our room. Loved the casinos and thought service was good the first time.
When we went back a second time (and staying at a different hotel), wait service was poor although it was a Saturday afternoon and not as much staff on duty. There were four of us gambling, dropping money, and all we wanted were some drinks..we ended up leaving and going to MGM to gamble. On balance, what a great place and worth every penny, I think the rooms were top-flight.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed January 26, 2004

The Venitian is over-rated and not particularly clean. Recently visited the hotel for a convention, so checked in with two others. We arrived on a late flight, and despite significant deposits paid months in advance, our reservations were not honored as booked and paid for. I had to wait for 45 minutes for the check-in desk manager to FIND me a room. At $580 per night, this should be a reasonably luxurious hotel.
The three in our party found it quite unclean (ie bathtubs not properly washed during our stay, and don't look behind the armoire because housekeeping hasn't vaccumed there since the hotel opened four years ago). I was expecting several rush courier deliveries while in the hotel, and NONE of them were delivered during my stay -- fortunately these were documents that could be re-printed and re-sent to my business address.From a security standpoint, this is a fine hotel to stay in for business travellers on their own, provided that they know they're paying for security and not expecting any other value for money.For the most part, the staff were surly and unpleasant, but surprisingly the waiters at the Cafe Grand Lux (the hotel's coffee shop) were very pleasant and provided good service.At $580 / night, the least you're entitled to is reasonable housekeeping standards. I won't visit this hotel again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed January 20, 2004

We were there last October 2003 and made our stay an enjoyable and memorable. Had a room with a great view of the swimming pool. Overall, fantastic and wonderful hotel to stay. We'll be back..hope soon!

Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed January 17, 2004

I travel to Vegas way too often (about 8 times a year) and have stayed at almost every hotel on the strip. The Venetian by far has the biggest and most beautiful rooms in all of Vegas. Every room including a standard room has a step down living room so you don t feel so Closter phobic all the time. Once there, you will not even need to leave the hotel/casino. They have everything you could possibly need or want. Great food, great clubs, great free lounges with good music and entertainment, and the best spa around. If you do want to go out and explore, you are centrally located so you will not have to drive or to take a taxi. The one and only thing that I don t think is the best is the pool. It is average for Vegas, nothing spectacular like Mandalay Bay.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member