“A little bit of paradise with a European flair!”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Being a native Northern Californian, I am selective about food (particularly seafood), cigarette smoking adverse, drawn to the theater and enjoy a variety in shopping experiences. As such, I was delighted with my stay at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. They had it all right there within the hotel property. The dining selections were amazing, everything from a small breakfast cafés to high-end gourmet-chef fine dining options, night life clubbing and a variety of shopping experiences! Rooms were spacious and elegant, services excellent with generous amenities. Even had Vanna and Pat taping a "Wheel of Fortune" episode out front one evening. I would recommend this hotel for singles, couples and friends. Lots to do, see and play!

Room Tip: If you are interested in views be sure to ask to see the strip or outlying areas as some rooms view...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo exceeded your expectations and provided you with unmatched service and accommodations. Since, The Venetian | The Palazzo is now your first choice when visiting Las Vegas, I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (25,955)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Absolutely loved our stay here at the Venetian. This was my first time going without a huge group of girls and just there to party. Me and my fiancee went to celebrate his birthday and our engagement. We gambled and ate a lot!! Sushi Samba and The Cut were amazing!! We also went to Bouchon for breakfast one day, food court for one of the days (lunch) and had a lot of drinks and things at the different poker tables and cafe bars. Shopping and the inner rooms that make you feel like you are in Italy were amazing. Absolutely loved the hotel and it was perfectly placed on the strip, to your left you hit Paris, Bellagio, Caesars Aria etc. So there were some places like Harrahs and things that you could find cheaper tables, all and all amazing!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are amazing, the smallest room is 700 sq. feet with a living room, couch, tv set up...
1  Thank Monique F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your fiancée’s birthday celebration! I also congratulate you on your engagement! I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our second stay at the Venetian which we booked based on our previous (fantastic) experience. Sadly I have to write that this wasn't repeated.

The hotel still to us had the wow factor with an extremely expressive lobby area. The check in queue was managed well and very efficient which was a good start. We declined the 'room with a view' expensive upgrade as we were only staying 2 nights and it was already 19:30 at this point. Our previous stay had been in the Venezia Tower with a beautiful view over the Mirage Hotel opposite (no cost upgrade despite it being exactly the same time of year). Then followed the debate on the $25 per night resort fee. As mentioned we were checking in at 19:30 and out the day after next at 09:30. So we have to pay $50 plus tax for not even a full 2 day stay? She then went on to explain the 'benefits'. A 2 for 1 offer on some cocktail in some bar and a free coffee. At first I thought this was per day (you're paying per day for this, don't forget) but no, this was per stay and there aren't coffee making facilities in your room. A complimentary daily newspaper is also included though this is not delivered to your room but you have to collect it from somewhere.

We now hear that this included free gym access but we weren't told this at the time. As the gym closed at 20:00 it wouldn't have been possible to use it on our first night, even if we had wanted to. Free wi fi is also included but this is accessible in the room anyway without the need for any login or password. So we finally declined this resort fee as it wasn't value for money to us and this was agreed without argument.

The room (with no view) was as lovely as we remembered although the main light in the sofa/sitting room area not working. Also despite there being a lamp on each side of the bed, there's only a switch on one side to operate them. Quirky. Another minor point being the walls were very thin so we could hear the guests in the next room returning from a night out.

Bathroom was spacious with a good sized separate shower (albeit without much water pressure) and a separate toilet.

There are 2 pools and after we had unpacked we went out for some air and an evening swim. The Canyon Ranch pool closed at 20:00 so we went over to the other at the Venezia Tower. There was plenty of room, towels and water so that was great. We then returned at 09:30 the following day and managed to secure the last 2 sunloungers in the place. We heard from others that there's a queue at 09:00 to access the Canyon Ranch pool! So if you want to find a lounger (and not necessarily in the sun) you need to be down there early.

The pool itself in the Venezia Tower is quite small and fills up with people very fast. There is a bar service to order drinks/food but it was quite worrying to see large, loud groups of people turning up and as they couldn't find anywhere to lie they went straight into the pool with glasses and glass bottles in their hands. Clearly these were brought in from elsewhere as the Bouchon only serves beverages in plastic glasses. We did mention it to the pool staff but they didn't take any action unfortunately which was slightly odd as the pool is also used by small children.

The shopping area with the gondolers is great fun and a must see. It's all done so well and extremely impressive which is why we chose to stay at the hotel for a second time. The restaurants and bars are excellent with lots of choice and a nice atmosphere but it's located in an excellent position on the Strip so you can easily walk to other places if you need.

There's also plenty of free parking too which is easy to access from the hotel/casino.

It is a lovely hotel is so many ways and it was disappointing for us not to have had the same experience we had only a few years ago. We will of course return to Vegas but not sure if it will be to this hotel.

Room Tip: Venezia Tower offers views but you have to pay extra.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and we also appreciate the suggestions and feedback you have provided. Please be assured that I do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly. I truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went for a fun weekend, we have stayed at many different casinos up and down the strip. The Venetian was one of the better ones in our travels to Vegas. Checking in was a breeze and the rooms were well apointed. I felt the resurants at this hotel were some of the better ones on the strip. We visited Tao nightclub saturday, our party had a great time with bottle service ( a must do). All in all a great time at a great place.

1  Thank cajun1998
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read of your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is great- would def recommend. Rooms are lovely- bed is super comfortable. Bathroom is huge with a separate toilet and 2 sinks. We did use the pool area one afternoon- quieter than the morning time so no prob getting a bed. The hotel is in a perfect location- right across from the Mirage and Treasure Island and not far from Bellagio. Perfect for exploring the strip. The only reason it lost a star is that I felt the staff were a bit impersonal- nothing I can put my finger on- but a bit looking down their nose at you. Didn't bother us too much tho.

Ate in 2 restaurants here- the mexican in the canal shop area- very bland- don't bother. We also felt quite rushed here. And the french restaurant near the casino- Pinot Brasserie- again don't bother. Place was dead and we were in a room by ourselves. Food was only ok and very overpriced. We normally like to try fine dining when we're on hols but maybe vegas isn't the place to do that. Best meals we had were the cheapest- Planet Hollywood and the Cheesecake Factory. We did eat breakfast in the hotel in the Grand Lux Cafe- this was great. The french toast is huge!! And very yum.

The casino area is fine but there's a smell that permeates the whole hotel- even into your clothes that's a bit sickly sweet. I really didn't like it. Maybe it's to cover the smell of smoke which would've been worse. As with all the casinos the inside of the hotel is FREEZING! It was 40 degrees celsius outside when we were there but I still needed a cardigan/jacket when inside the hotels. And I'm from Ireland so used to the cold so be warned!! You can be waiting a while for a cocktail waitress- we found the service in other hotels on the strip and downtown to be better.

The hotel is right next to a Walgreens supermarket so you can get water or anything else you need for the room- much cheaper than in the Venetian. However be warned you can't use the fridge in the room- if you even touch an item from the minibar you're charged. They will empty the minibar for you- but of course there's a charge for this!! Another item missing from the room is a kettle- would be nice to be able to make a tea or coffee.

We did one tour during our visit to the hoover dam- it was the express half day tour with Comedy on Tour and I would highly recommend them. We booked through Viator.com and it was very reasonable. Lunch in the diner they stop in was great!

1  Thank CorkOwl

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips and locations that made your stay memorable. Still, I apologize about the lack of personalized service that you experienced. It concerns me deeply that you were not provided personalized Unmatched Guest Service as is our standard here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I would gladly stay there every
time ...best place for chefs & people with o.c.d. super clean!!! Helpful staff... wonderful atmosphere, as well as places to shop and eat ...I barley even left the hotel grounds ...I'd highly recommend this place...to all I know

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending The Venetian | The Palazzo to your fellow travelers. Earning referrals from previous guests is a wonderful compliment that you have given. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a Rialto Suite on the 32nd floor which was huge, well-appointed, very comfortable and impressive. The hotel is so large that you need a map to get around. We used self-parking which was a bit confusing in that it was not clear where to park to check-in. The hotel is a self-contained city - you could probably stay on the property for a few days in order to check everything out. Nice shops, nice restaurants, and friendly service contributed to a very enjoyable stay. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rialto View Suite was very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the upgraded suites and that your overall impression was positive. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.