“First Rate”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've only been to Vegas one other time, and we enjoyed our stay at the Tropicana, but the Venetian is light years ahead. Tis almost like a self contained city with great restaurants, and shops. Two beautiful pools, but get there early because they'll be busy. My wife and I like to walk and the Venetian is perfectly located about mid strip so getting to, and from both sides of the Vegas strip was easy. We upgraded our room when we arrived and didn't here a sound after hours on our floor. We'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canuckdillon
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each time your travels take you back to this fabulous city.

There are newer reviews for The Venetian Las Vegas

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay but for two things--The Canyon Ranch spa is over the top expensive, too inconvenient with twist and turns distance wise from the front desk. And, the casino is so smoky. I get that casinos are the last bastion of freedom for smokers--but we wish the hotel/casino could do more to clean the air. The non-smoking areas are still smoky.
The suite was wonderful--staff lovely and the housekeeping is truly first class. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and we also appreciate the suggestions and feedback you have provided regarding smoking. Please be assured that I do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly. I truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

In the city with the best hotel infraestructure in the world, this hotel is just beautiful. It gives you a breathe of fresh air with its market like area with an artificial river running through it and nice places to eat around it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read of your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Very clean hotel in lobby and hallways however when we checked in there was someone's left over food in our mini bar and we had dirty glasses but that was taken care of by a cleaning cart that was on our floor. Our biggest complaint is that it is 3:30 am and I am up writing this review because we have had to call downstairs twice ( once at midnight and then again at 2:17 ) because of partying young people) next door and in the hallways. It was quiet on Wednesday but starting Thursday it became very loud. Saturday night ridiculous!!! No sleep!!!! Also as stated in a previous review no coffee makers in rooms and be prepared to walk a long way if you want coffee when you wake up ! Nice shopping area but very expensive!!! We would recommend coming to see the hotel and shops during your stay but would not recommend staying here for overnights!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank shopper5

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing The Venetian | The Palazzo to be your host during your current visit to Las Vegas. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit has not been a complete success. I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian |The Palazzo and our team for your experience so far during your stay.

It concerns me deeply to learn that the condition of your suite did not reflect a level of exceptionality. Since you are currently still here at The Venetian | The Palazzo, I have directed a member of our management team to reach out to you regarding your concerns.

Again, I apologize about the challenges you have experienced so far and I want to assure you that we are going to do what it takes to resolve the challenges you have now brought our attention.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

8 days in the Venetian on business and it has been an excellent experience.

Even the "small" rooms are more than adequate, with a sunken living area. The hotel provides free WiFi in the room and on the casino floor. Staff are exceptionally friendly and rooms are beautifully kept. You can do as little or as much as you want, but every service comes at quite a cost (laundry, etc.)

It has plenty of bars and restaurants in the resort, that range from expensive to very expensive. This is not just in The Venetian, Vegas is expensive unless you go out of your way.

It is centrally located on the strip. Within sane walking distance from 80% of the strip attractions. With beautiful shops and restaurants of its own and just across the road from Treasure Island a The Mirage. 10 minutes walk if you want to go as far down as The Trump and 30 minutes walk will take you up to New York, New York.

It is more than just a little too far to walk all the way to Mandalay Bay, even though we did it twice.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Orlando N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo provided a restful place to stay while traveling for business. I look forward to welcoming you back each and every time that your professional or personal travel takes you to Las Vegas.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

we had never stayed at the Venetian but my son recommended it and we loved it.
we brought our daughter and grandaughter to see the McGray/Hill show and it was excellent and that they interacted with the audience was special. We do not come to Vegas often now like we use to, due to my husbands age and noise/crowds does not suit him. If we ever do we for sure will stay at the Venetian. I can not express my appreciation for the wonderful suites, the food, but most of all for the employees help and friendliness when we had to leave unexpectledly due to an emergency. from the bellman to the desk clerk and to the Limo desk. they all were so nice and helpful and did not get offended due to my husbands need to hurry. thanks again and again

Room Tip: our suites where the girls could see the strip was special due to them never being there.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Exceeding each and every guest’s expectations is our specialty here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read your kind words and thank you for sharing them. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again in the near future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We arrived on my birthday and as such, my partner asked if there might be any chance of a room upgrade. A young man at the front desk swiftly took over and after two phone calls and lots of number crunching, he'd conned us into paying $200 extra per night for a suite overlooking the pool (very noisy). Or so he thought. One look at the room, palatial though it was, confirmed that the only person gaining out of this was the guy who had stepped in to "help" and not birthday girl ! So, we reverted quickly to our original suite which was a truly lovely room and $800 cheaper. Thanks for nothing, mister.

That aside, we loved our time at the hotel - very cleverly put together indeed. If you don't want a free coffee/tea everyday and won't be using the gym, I advise you waive the resort fee. We took that option as I used the gym and it is the most fantastic hotel gym I have ever been in. Ample free parking is a pleasant bonus, having paid handsomely at other hotels in the States.

If you want a quieter hotel, have a look at The Bellagio or The Wynn. Conference time at The Venetian meant that the place was absolutely jam packed with people and it ended up making the whole place seem just too busy.

Overall, not the worst experience of a hotel at all, I just feel very disappointed by the tactics used in response to a genuine and well meant request. Then again, they are there to make money, plain and simple.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed our service. Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for your experience at check in. I would really like an opportunity to look into this incident as this mix-up or miscommunication should have been easily rectified. Please feel free to contact our Guest Relations office directly should you wish to further discuss.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.