“Nothing Special” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Nothing Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Venetian is one of the nicest hotels on the Strip based on past experiences at TI, Paris, MGM, and the Bellagio. However, the hotel was not overly impressive as one might expect. The casino was nice and the poker room was great, but the sports booked left a lot to be desired. The sports book was relatively small and most of the seating was reserved for invited/preferred guests.

The suite (Rialto) I stayed in at the Venetian was nice, but the main difference between the Rialto Suite and the Bella Suite is the size. The extra size does not give you extra amenities, such as more seating room…just more walking space. The extra money spent on the Rialto really is not worth the expense for there is a lot of wasted space in the Rialto Suite. For example, there is a large foyer to the suite that is approximately 10x20 that serves little purpose. The bedroom area also has a lot of wasted space between the beds and the dressers.

One thing to note, do not touch the mini-bar/refrigerator. We bought some water and put it in the refrigerator, but we needed to remove 3 bottles of Coke and one bottle of Diet Coke. The Coke bottles were put directly above the refrigerator; however, the Venetian staff charged us for their removal even though they never restocked the refrigerator.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank J_Points
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I apologize about the difficulty that you experienced with our in suite refreshment center. While the refreshment center is provided as a convenient delivery method for any refreshments that you might want during your visit, we also offer the availability to deliver an empty refrigerator for a nominal fee to your suite. Based on reading your review it seems that this option would have served you better and I apologize that it was not proactively offered to you. I am disappointed to read that you were charged for refreshments that you did not consume. Please contact our accounts receivable department and let them know this and they would be happy to refund the erroneous refreshment center charges. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,557)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for my birthday and the service was impeccable. We opted for the Piazza Suite which was worth the money. The room was very spacious, with a separate bedroom, large dining room, step-down living room, two bathrooms and a spectacular view. Climate control worked well and bed was firm with nice linens.
Arriving at the hotel was chaotic and difficult to find valet stop. Once inside, check-in took some time but when you get to the counter, the representative was very welcoming.
There are many places to eat but no buffet. Black jack tables very easy to find and we had a great group of people. The dealer was fun and the waitresses were very attentive.
It's worth taking a stroll around the hotel complex. We didn't opt for the gondola ride because we wanted to take the time to walk around and see the decor and shops.
Leave plenty of time for the valet to get your car on departure. They couldn't handle the influx of guest departing on the same day at the same time. The valet were stressed and snappy. It could leave a bad last impression on the entire visit.

Room Tip: Choose the Piazza Suite, especially for special occasions. Well worth the money.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Beautifully appointed hotel. Have been to Venice, Italy and the attention to detail at the Venetian is unparalled.
Problem with a bartender/poolside who refused to accommodate a poorly made drink by offering something else.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall but I also apologize about the lack of service that you experienced at one of our bars. It concerns me deeply that you were not provided personalized Unmatched Guest Service at the bar as is our standard here at The Venetian | The Palazzo.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

West Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

After we checked into the Venetian we discovered that the motorized drapes did not work and the air conditioning was not cooling the room. After talking to hotel personnel on the phone and not getting a room change authorized we were not satisfied about the time frame that was offered for the change we went to the front desk. The hotel personnel at the desk was empowered to offer upgrades and waive resort fees ($33 per day) and arranged for an employee to assist in our room change. It was nice to see that front desk personnel didn't have to consult with a manager and waste more of our time. The hotel was very nice and the casino did not have that musty smell. I'll stay there away.

1 Thank Thomas O
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that when you encountered your only challenge, our team assisted you directly. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed in a Luxury Suite, beautiful spacious room, with the bedroom as you come in the door housing a very comfortable king bed, followed by a sunken sitting room area. The room was very nicely decorated with good facilities. We looked out over other buildings, but we were not concerned about that, although I would have still liked a balcony. There are numerous beautiful shops and restuarants in a stunning mall, so worth a wander whether you are a guest of the hotel or not. We ate at Delmonico Steak House, which I can highly recommend, best steak we have ever tasted! As seems the norm with most US hotel rooms, there was no tea and coffee making facilities, but a very well stocked bar. We stayed mid week, the hotel had a special offer on, which made it very good value for money. Great location - Would recommend a visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the décor and that your overall impression was positive. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Lake Charles, La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We just returned from Vegas for my daughters 21st bday. I booked the Venetian because of the location, looks and price. We were not disappointed at all. We stayed in a Bella Suite which was huge and beautifully decorated. Beds were very comfortable!! Had a great view too! If I didn't want to show my daughter around, we could have never left. It has dozens of restaurants and bars, plenty of shopping and if you ask me the cleanest and brightest casino with the best slot machines. And it smelled good!!! Not sure what they do to the ventilation but it wasn't very smoky at all. Very pleasant!!! There is NO doubt we will stay there again if we go back.

3 Thank Leslie H
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your daughter’s 21st birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is one of the few times I've been to Las Vegas where I can honestly say I hardly left the resort. It is now my new favourite hotel there. I booked a Bella Suite in the Venezia tower but after reading the negative comments regarding access to that side of the resort, I asked for the Venetian side instead. Our room had zero view but we've been to Vegas many times so it really was a non-issue. The basic Bella suite was plenty big for us to entertain 10 people comfortably with pre-dinner drinks. Our friends were at the Encore and the Venetian rooms are quite a bit larger. Decor is much more old world/traditional as opposed to the contemporary feel of Encore and Aria, if that matters to you. No complaints with check-in, maid service, etc. I did notice hallway noise in the mornings (and we were at the very end, farthest from the elevator) which was surprising as we heard next to nothing from neighbouring rooms. As many have stated, there are no coffee machines in the room which I missed as I'm not one to stroll downstairs in my bathrobe to grab a coffee at Bouchon (very good but overpriced for a basic coffee). The TV didn't work in our bathroom either, but we just didn't care enough to complain about it. I liked that there are lots of food choices in this resort from the low end all the way up. I also liked that the CW service in the casino was pretty quick and friendly. The only complaint I would have is with the spotty internet access included in the $20 resort fee and the $1.50/glass plus a $5 service fee (plus tip) when we asked for a few extra wine glasses to be brought up. Probably could have bought some at Walgreens cheaper. Other than that, I can definitely see myself staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank urkidn
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I also truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and we also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that I do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly. I truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.