“Top Notch All The Way, Striving For Perfection (But Very Pricey)”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #9 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Top Notch All The Way, Striving For Perfection (But Very Pricey)”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Venetian is definitely an upscale hotel where you are not going to find $5 blackjack tables or specials on rooms under 3 figures per night. But knowing that going into it, the hotel is beautiful, the architecture is stunning, and the staff is very concerned that your stay is perfect and flawless. The rooms are well appointed though a bit dark as most of the light fixtures, even in the large bathroom, seem to be 25 or 40 watts. The sheers and curtains open/close by remote control and there are 2 plasma/LCD TVs in the room plus another one in the bathroom. If you need coffee in the mornings, bring your own coffee maker because there is NONE in the room, and ordering a 4-cup pot from room service is a whopping $13. You also have your own personal fax machine in your room with your own phone number, and you can receive faxes as well as SEND faxes (continental US) at no charge! Many great restaurants with the Venetian and Palazzo (attached) but many are quite pricey. Upon checkout, I mentioned that the phone beside the bed was not working, and they were *appalled* that things were not perfect and refunded the $20/day resort fee for my stay. If your budget allows it and you're ready to spend the money, the Venetian will not disappoint.

Room Tip: lower numbers are closer to the elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo.

Since value is important to you, I want to recommend Grazie, our hotel loyalty program. Grazie is a wonderful way to be rewarded for your loyalty and get discounts on everything from our spa and retail stores to discounts on future stays.

I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,729)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at the Venetian. Everything from the ambience of the hotel, the service, the restaurants was nothing short of excellent. Would highly recommend the Venetian to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so honored to have been your accommodations of choice for your 20th Anniversary celebration and thank you for sharing your positive experience! Let me offer you a sincere ‘congratulations’ on such a happy milestone! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

Your comments have been shared with the respective department heads so they may, in turn; share your experience with their team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! Talk about feeling like you are in Venice without the actual "aged" smell of real Venice. Great atmosphere! 5 star dining and of course located right on the strip! The room is spacious and decorated nicely. Bed was absolutely comfortable. The complimentary things for guest use in the bathroom was great. I will most definitely return! Thanks Venetian for a great vacation!!! Oh how could I forget to compliment the staff?! Dining experience was amazing! Front desk was very courteous cordial but very personable.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and were treated with the Unmatched Guest Service we strive to provide all of our guests. We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel was clean, our room clean & spacios.
there are plenty of Italian restaurants to choose from. We ate in 3 different ones and they were all good.
I hated the gambling area, but it is Vegas!
I also disliked the amount of times staff tried to engage with us for marketing purposes. In the end I just kept walking and ignored them, although I felt like screaming "enough already"!
I was disappointed the only indoor pool you had to pay for as part of the Spa package. It does, however, have a nice pool area outside which would be great in the summer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as our many dining options! Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that you were inconvenienced by the Grandview Timeshare sales team. The Grand Canal Shoppes are not owned nor operated by The Venetian | The Palazzo. I apologize for the stress that this experience caused you, however, should you wish to discuss this further I encourage you to reach out to The Grand Canal Shoppes management directly as they are always looking for ways to improve our mutual guest’s experience.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here for my daughter's Spring Break 2012. We were TOTALLY pleased. The hotel and staff were FIRST CLASS all the way. The attention to detail and cleanliness was exceptional. LOVE LOVE...did I say LOVE the bathrooms..!! We arrived tired and didn't want to go out. We ordered room service and were treated like ROYALTY!!! White linen table cloth, fresh flowers placed in the center, he waited for us to be seated and placed linen napkins in our laps! It's was so nice to have this experience IN OUR ROOM!
The shops within the hotel are AMAZING. Enjoyed having the mall/boutique experience right at our fingertips. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the gondola ride through the hotel. They did an INCREDIBLE job in replicating the Venetian canals. The restaurants offered throughout the property were diverse and offered great selections. Definitely worth the splurge!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. We all look forward to the privilege of serving you on a return trip to this fabulous city.

Athens, Ohio
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Venetian is an exceptional hotel no doubt. The decor is over the top Italian palace with beautiful painted ceilings, marble floors and a really beautiful front reception area with a fountain and an accordion player in costume. The hotel, although huge, is kept very clean and each place that we visited whether shop or restaurant, upheld this same standard. Also, the service is good and I can't say enough about Jonathan at the Concierge desk. He bent over backwards to help us get theater tickets, explain how to use the Strip bus and answered our every question. So, what's not to like? Well, for me, the hotel is too big. We had to walk what I estimated to be 1/2 mile to our room every time we left it. The casino is also huge and very noisy and smokey, which I also didn't like. If you don't mind either of these things, by all means stay at the Venetian and enjoy a really well run resort hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close to the elevators as possible unless you are a marathon lover!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. We are humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. All of us here at the Venetian|The Palazzo look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was here for a meeting and stayed 5 nights at this hotels. Rooms (suites) are very comfortable and view was excellent. Wifi is pricey. Lots of choices for dining. Restaurant Bouchon is a nice place if you like a la carte breakfast.

Room Tip: rooms with view of the pool/mountains
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ToneHolland
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.