“Nice Hotel...wish we had a better view.”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #9 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
MD
“Nice Hotel...wish we had a better view.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here last week for four nights. Great central location on a nice section of the strip! Check-in was a breeze and a room was available early. I thought that the seventh floor was a great floor, not too low, but not super high. Our room 7-320, had a terrible view though. All you can see outside the picture window is a deep "chasm" of concrete and other towers.

Inside, the suite room was nice--two nice flat screen TV's,a sunk-in living area with a modern looking sofa, desk, fridge. The king size bed was very comfortable and plush. Upon first inspection, the fitted sheet had a faded stain; however, we called housekeeping, and a very sweet housekeeper changed it without a complaint. Rooms were well cleaned while we were out for the day.

I also enjoyed the Canyon Ranch Spa, and the Canal Shoppes made it convenient as we didn't have to go outdoors to get to shopping and food.

Room Tip: The seventh floor 300's wing (even numbers) doesn't have a nice view. Food at the canal sho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bronzediva
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

While I apologize for the challenges you experienced with the suite's vista, I am certain that if this had been brought to our management’s attention during your stay that they would have provided you with the opportunity to do what it took to ensure you were pleased with the vista from the suite and provided restitution for the stress and inconvenience this caused you.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,729)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We went for my 30th birthday and stayed for 3 nights. The hotel was very beautifully decorated. The shoppes were amazing. The Venetian property is the largest property in Vegas. The suite was beautiful. Don't go in the mini fridge!! Very expensive! You expect to pay more in Vegas but it was ridiculous the cost!! But just on preference alone I would have to rate it a 4. When you get ready to go to your hotel after a long night in Vegas you want to go straight up to your room and not have to navigate so I would suggest a hotel without a casino like the trump or the Vdara, you'll get more personal service at those hotels too.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hillary1983
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. We are humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the comments you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. All of us here at the Venetian|The Palazzo look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I simply enjoy my stay at the Venetian every time I'm there! I've stayed in the Venezia Tower and the Venetian Tower, as well as at the Palazzo, and for the past 5+ years I've been staying here I've never once had an unpleasant experience. The food is great, the rooms are wonderful, and most importantly, the staff are pleasant and friendly. I recommend it!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with these rooms...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KLZoch
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and were treated with the Unmatched Guest Service we strive to provide all of our guests. We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Enjoyed a 3 night stay in a Bella suite. Beautiful large room with huge bathroom, sitting area, etc. The room was pretty quiet and I was not disturbed by any of the other guests (who tend to come and go at all hours).
The view was not amazing, but we didn't spend much time in the room. The hotel has lots of excellent restaurants to choose from. Really enjoyed breakfast at Bouchons and lunch at Otto.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating in person and on the phone. Room service came exactly on time as ordered.
The hotel has excellent shopping and is also very close to the Fashion Mall.
As in most Las Vegas hotels, the casino is a central feature. The only thing about the Venetian that bothered me, was the fragrance that they seems to pump into the casino. It is ok at first, but started to really bug me by the end of my three nights. I didn't spend much time in the casino, but there was no avoiding it when you were coming and going.
It may actually really bother people with sensitivities to this type of thing.
Overall, enjoyed the Venetian.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adelle58
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your opulent Bella Suite as well as several of our fabulous dining options! Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. The scent that is circulated throughout our property is a distinct fragrance that many of our guests have enjoyed through the years, and although it is based on personal preference, I am extremely disappointed to know that the fragrance was bothersome for you. Please accept my sincerest apologies, and I thank you kindly for your feedback. It is through communication such as yours that I am better able to monitor and improve services for our guests. Please also be assured that I do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly.

We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Dorset
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights - very long walk from valet parking to reception and not easy to navigate around, very busy hotel more of a tourist attraction, - the Palazzo is a better stay as the casino is better - but for a few quid more stay at They Wynn or Encore

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank welltravelledDorset
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo as your host you during your recent visit. We are humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your difficulties navigating the property. We have recently introduced our mobile application, “The Venetian | The Palazzo Pocket Concierge™” for both IPhone and Android devices, to assist our guests with directions, offers and an abundance of other information.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here in begining of january for 3 days. This 5 star resort is really beautiful. Top shape, kept up and renovated on a regular basis. The suites are clean, very luxurious and one of a kind. Room service was pretty slow. Casino staff are fun, but it does take about 15- 20 minutes to get your drink delivered to the tables (once you order). If the waitress forgets your drink, you have to wait till the next time she does her route so ive waited over 40 minutes for my drink a couple times. All around this is a nice place and we had a great time. I would go back again. Maybe go to another casino to gamble part of the stay.

Room Tip: Order 3 drinks at a time this way you are not sober by the time the waitress comes around again.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Luv_totravel121
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the opulence of the hotel. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that the service, or lack thereof, that you experienced did not reflect a level of exceptionality.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future. Please feel free to contact our Guest Relations office directly if you wish to further discuss.

San Diego, California
Reviewed February 17, 2013

i go to Vegas for business 10-12 times a year.There are many choices for hotels but i always stay at the Venetian.I have never had a bad experince in the many times i have stayed there,,,it is a world class resort.

Room Tip: get a room with a view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mike s
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 21, 2013