“Venice in the Desert” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Venice in the Desert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The large casino is made much more interesting by the details of Venice, the large murals on the walls, the beautiful courtyards and pool areas and lovely rooms make this hotel a treat for the eyes and the body. Hotel beds and amenities were first class. Service was great and food at several of the hotel restaurants was great.

Room Tip: We asked for a room near the elevator and high which we had on the 17th floor, even though it was a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Every aspect of The Venetian | The Palazzo was created for the enjoyment of our guests; from our luxurious suites and beautifully re-created historic landmarks of Venice, Italy, to hand-painted frescos and world-class restaurants. I am so very pleased to hear that you had such a memorable and enjoyable stay.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,043)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckalnd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am glad we chose this hotel. We booked ourselves in a Luxury View Suite and there was no regret. Everything was nice and posh. We decided to book this hotel as we saw how it was built on discovery channel. Las Vegas is a very popular destination but we were never rushed when we were checking-in. All staff were friendly and accommodating. Certainly their room/suite prices are dearer than some of the five star hotels in Las Vegas but we knew we made the right decision when we entered our suite.

Honestly, this hotel raised our standards in choosing a hotel. We will certainly be booking with the Venetian Hotel again. Highly recommended. Truly 5 star experience.

Room Tip: Book a room with the Las Vegas "Strip" view. It's nice to see Las Vegas lights by nigh...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KC_Wilson_NZ

Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Venetian Resort Hotel is certainly beautiful, opulent, and luxurious. However, it was somewhat disappointing in a few respects. The check-in process is quite slow, we were originally put in a non-smoking room (as requested), but found that it was heavily smoked. Two calls (and over a late night two hour wait) never brought an air purifier. The front desk management was responsive the next day, but we inhaled second hand smoke all night. Everything we brought really smelled smoky.

The casino doesn't seem to filter out the cigarette odors as well as some of the adjacent casinos.

On the plus side, the Grand Canal shops are lots of fun; many unique in scope.

Room Tip: If you want a room which doesn't necessitate a very long walk, ask for one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful décor. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. While I am pleased that it was eventually resolved, it concerns me deeply that we were not responsive when you brought the smoke challenge to our attention. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting The Venetian | The Palazzo in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Venetian 3-4 times (one of them was actually at its sister hotel Palazzo) and it is still my favorite Las Vegas hotel. The Italian square and gondolas still makes for a great surreal stroll. My 2nd favorite would be the Signature Suites at MGM Grand.
My favorite thing to do in Vegas since I am not a big gambler is to go to see one of the Cirque de Soleil shows. Another great experience is to take a helicopter tour over the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Patrikbzz

bethel park pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

So beautiful with all the holiday decorations everywhere. Had comp upgrade which was extremely clean with comfy bed & pillows. Casino had a floral odor which masked the smoking crowd. Check in & out was fast with no problems. Shopping could be wonderful if you have the $$$. Got a coupon book that was great at either the Venetian or Palazzo for different things, like a free cupcake. Sometimes people would try to get our attention for their sales-pitch, but We just walked past and that was that. We are ready to go back!

Room Tip: Ask if any upgrades are available at check in
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so I may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our 2nd Annual Winter in Venice celebration that began November 18th. Winter in Venice is a great experience for both children and adults. From the only outdoor ice skating rink on the Las Vegas strip to the extensive holiday decor and a nightly entertainment it is the perfect holiday tradition for any family.

Thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I coordinated a meeting for twenty people at the Venetian. The meeting planners were extremely efficient, and the meeting went off without a hitch. The only issue was navigating between the Venetian and the Palazzo (where the meeting was held). Huge distances, poor signage.

Rooms overall are quite comfortable and relatively large, although there were a number of broken things (the only functional phone was by the toilet). My primary concern has to do with the massive size of the hotel. Everything is so impersonal, and huge. Massive crowds everywhere. Check-in usually had fifty of so people behind a rope line, although there are a lot of clerks.

There are lot of more intimate hotels on the strip (I much prefer the four seasons). I don't think I'll be back, although my criticisms have more to do with my taste in hotels than any particular problem with the Venetian... It's just too big and anonymous...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host you during your recent visit. I am humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to improve our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed me the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our accommodations. I sincerely apologize for the unnecessary stress that this had imposed on you. It is through communication such as yours that I am better able to monitor and improve services for our guests, and I thank you kindly for your time in sharing your experience with us.

The Venetian | The Palazzo combine to create the world’s largest five diamond resort and while this is impressive it can also make finding things challenging. Since you mentioned that you had trouble locating your suite and other locations on our property I recommend The Venetian | The Palazzo mobile application for your next visit. When downloaded onto your GPS enable smart phone this application will give you turn by turn directions as you navigate our opulent and large property.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope this experience will not deter you from visiting our property again. If I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our guest relations office directly.

Roswell
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

BED BUGS!
This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. Within a weekend at the Venetian, I got food poisoning from Sushi Samba and was so sick I had to take an ambulance to the hospital the first night and then I had bed bug bites prior to leaving. Not only was it the worst Vegas experience ever, the hotel and restaurant staff totally disregarded the poor experience. They had an excuse for everything. I wish I could post a picture of the bed bug bites because you would not make a reservation here if you saw them! Good luck if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
11 Thank L J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. In regards to the challenge with your bug bites, please know that I take these matters very seriously. As I will need more information to research this, please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly should you wish to further discuss.