“Classic hotel.”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The Venetian is a beautiful hotel with classic architecture and nice bonuses to compliment the Italian feel. You arrive at a crazy busy drop off zone out front of the hotel. There is always a limo, towne car or taxi available at this location. Inside is the main lobby with an accordion player. Front desk line went quick. Our room wasn't ready and then five minutes after it was. We didn't get the view upgrade and I wish we had. We got stuck with a view of a concrete wall. You have to walk through the casino to get to the rooms. The casino was very blah. Not what I expected from this resort. No flare at all! Room was great. Huge bathroom. Perfect for four girls. Beds were comfy. Nice sunken living area. Security was great, made us feel safe and at the same time were fairly lenient with our misbehavior. One of the pools were closed which made it impossible to find a lounger. Drinks were ridiculously priced at $15 a piece! The grand Lux Cafe was simply awesome. Great caramel chicken and chicken parm! Check out was easy. You may have to wait in line to check luggage until your midnight departure. We opted to pay an extra night so we would have somewhere to hangout.

• Stayed: October 2012
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Every aspect of The Venetian | The Palazzo was created for the enjoyment of our guests; from our luxurious suites and beautifully re-created historic landmarks of Venice, Italy, to hand-painted frescos and world-class restaurants. I am so very pleased to hear that you had such a memorable and enjoyable stay.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

What an amazing hotel with Major Wow factor! We stayed in the Venezia Tower and overlooked the pool. Our room was recently refurbished which was very pleasing as we were celebrating my 30th... I loved the bathroom and the space was welcoming when getting ready! The hotel grounds inside and out were clean, extremely beautiful and the best we have ever experienced. the staff on conceirge and reception and security were very pleasant and helpful! I still cannot believe we came here on our visit to Las Vegas. The casino is well laid out and was light and the waitresses came round frequently for drinks. I never experienced heavy smells of smoke, unless I was actually sitting next to the person. The hotel is a maze in its self...and we did just fine in finding our way around pools,shops,restaurants, rooms etc so don't be frightened by the size of this hotel. It's situated perfect on the strip opposite Mirage. Didn't dine in the hotel, as loved the Cheese Cake Factory, BLT and le Cafe these restaurants were excellent value, good food and service too! I miss you so much Venetian & Vegas and look forward to selling lots at home as I know my clients will not be dissapointed! I'm a travel agent and thank you for such a memorable time and hope to be back again in the future x

• Stayed: October 2012
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your 30th birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

excellent place, pools were incredible, a little pricey but so worth it, casino was beautiful the food court was excellent so many to choose from easy access to so many places and the staff was amazing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so I may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here because we had tickets to Phantom of the Opera. Comfortable and quiet rooms in an upscale hotel. Has a 'home' feeling about it instead of a 'hotel' feel. Bedding nice and soft. Only con: Had to wait ages for valet to bring my car around the morning of check out even though I called down and asked them to bring it around.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and will return. Still, I would like to apologize about the extended wait time for the valet to bring your car back to the front drive.

Thank you again for your review and we all look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Venetian’s tagline is ‘An AAA five diamond resort’. It’s also an InterContinental hotel. Expectations were and should be high.

I have an InterContinental Platinum Ambassador Card so can use the priority check in and should be offered other perks such as; upgraded room, 4pm late checkout, daily newspaper, fruit and water in room daily and free in-room movie.

Check in (Friday 5pm): This was pretty quick as I used the priority desk. I was upgraded to a suite with view room. This is the standard room but with a good view. The rooms are good-sized, well-appointed suites and so I didn’t chase a bigger suite upgrade. I had two bookings; one made via InterContinental (Fri/Sat) and the other direct with the Venetian (Sun/Mon). The desk clerk could see both bookings but wasn’t able to link them – instead suggested I come back on Sunday and checkout and in again, strange.

Arrival in my room: No water or fruit had been left. The minibar water was pretty expensive. There were also no bathrobes in the room and I was concerned that if I didn’t report this then I’d be charged for them when I left. I called down and asked for water/fruit and robe to be delivered. I came back a few hours later to find a robe but still no water or fruit.

In-suite wi-fi worked well. There is a $20 a day resort fee added to the bill that covers wi-fi and the pool. It seems that most Vegas hotels have a resort fee which everyone, except the hotels themselves, considers a rip off.

I didn’t receive a newspaper the next day, or any day, but probably didn’t mind as Las Vegas isn’t about reading newspapers.

Saturday: I put some laundry in the laundry bag, completed the form and left the bag on the bed. I called again about the water and fruit. I returned around 2pm. No water or fruit. My room wasn’t serviced and laundry was still on the bed. I returned later and my room had been made up, still no water/fruit and the laundry bag was still on the now newly-made bed. I called guest services and they explained that I had to call for laundry pick up – although I’m pretty sure the laundry form doesn’t mention this. That meant my laundry wouldn’t be back until Sunday evening – they offered a fast service for an extra $15 but luckily I didn’t need that.
In the evening I had 9pm tickets to see Tim Allen. I called about the fruit and water – I explained that it wasn’t so much about the items but the principle that they were just ignoring me. I said that if I returned from the show and nothing had happened, then I’d go to the front desk and ask for the manager. When I returned the water and fruit had arrived. I also had a chocolate on my pillow from what I assumed to be the turn-down service.

For the remaining days of my stay there was no evidence of a turn-down service (or chocolates :()

Sunday: I was out most of the day. Excellent Champagne buffet at the Mirage (Venetian doesn’t have a buffet) then gaming in the Venetian.

Monday: I returned from breakfast to find my room made up (weird how the times differ so much) and more water and fruit. Not sure why this arrived on Monday and not Sunday, but at least I didn’t have to ask several times for it.

Tuesday: I checked out via the TV and took the excellent 2pm Venetian shuttle ($7) direct to the airport. I’d recommend this to everyone as it’s more comfortable than a taxi ($35). It doesn’t seem well advertised as I was the only passenger. I haven’t received a copy of my room bill via email or post yet, but judging by the credit card charges it seems close enough.

Food:
I only used the Grand Luxe Cafe for breakfast which was $16 for a good buffet and included coffee and orange juice. This seemed a fair price considering the level of the hotel.

Gaming:
Roulette: The roulette tables here are much tougher than in Europe. The $10 (if you can find one) and $15 minimum tables have a zero and double zero (increased house edge), don’t pay half back when zero/double zero lands when you are betting even stake outside bets and worst of all have a $15 outside and inside minimum. That means that if you bet $50 on red you can’t put $3 on 0/00 for insurance, as even though you have $50 out on the table you have to bet a minimum $15 inside as well. All of this gives the house a much better edge. The tables are also much slower than in Europe, with croupiers spending ages trying to work out the payouts, consulting with colleagues, checking with the pit boss etc.
BlackJack: I’m not a blackjack player but I’m told that ‘dealer must hit a soft (not hard) 18’ is the equivalent of a 00 in roulette (more house edge).
Slots: You can see how much slots make compared to table games as 80% of the floor space is devoted to slots. One casino host told me that if I wanted a silver or gold grazie card then I’d need to play more slots.

Comps:
You need to sign up for a Grazie players card as soon as you arrive. Then put it in each slot machine you use or give it to the croupier/dealer when you play table games. I visited the casino host desk on my departure day and showed 10 hours of roulette at an average $50 a spin – that doesn’t mean I lost, just played that amount. I was comped one nights room, but not any associated charges. I got nothing for my slots play which was maybe $200. It seems you need to be a really high roller to get your whole stay and charges comped.

Room Tip: High floor with view in the Venetian Tower
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. Our alliance with Intercontinental Hotels Group is one that I certainly value and are very proud to be a part of. Please accept our sincere apology that your Platinum Ambassador Priority Club status was not recognized. While Ambassador amenities are different at The Venetian | The Palazzo since we are alliance resorts; the service, or lack thereof, that you described is definitely not to our standards.

I also wanted to take a moment and clarify our resort fee. Many guests enjoy the abundant benefits that the resort fee offers. Included in the fee is complimentary internet access, access to our fitness center, a complimentary cup of coffee from Cafe Presse and daily newspaper picked up by the guest at any newsstand among many other benefits. I am apologizing specifically that all the benefits of the resort fee were not more clearly explained to you.

I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this fabulous city and I hope that we can continue to be your resort of choice when visiting Las Vegas. Please contact our guest relations office directly if you would like to further discuss the details of your visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Visited Vegas in August, me and my partner shared our time between the tropicana and the Venetian.

The Venetian is without a doubt one of the best hotels I have ever visited!!!
What a beautiful building!!!! Everything about this hotel was perfect.

We are so glad we chose to stay here and we will definitely be back!!

Your Vegas Wedding helped us choose a show to watch during our stay in Vegas which was out of this world!!

We chose Mystere and it was the best show we have ever seen!

Thanks for the reccomendation YVW! We will be using you again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your wedding celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here last year and every room is a suite. Great atmosphere as in every hotel which is connected to a casino. There are quite a few restaurants here and we didn't go wrong with the qualitt,

If you are into gambling, this is just a perfect location. Other than that, Venetian is located in the heart of the strip of Vegas.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best on property offerings.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.