“Vegas trip”

GreenLeadersGold level
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Vegas trip”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Beautiful rooms. Stayed for 2 nights with a group of friends, had 2 rooms There are extra charges for everything you can think of. We booked our room through the hotel( loyalty program) and got a better rate than through a booking agency. Staff was friendly and helpful. Phones in room are strange and we struggled with them( couldn't get it off speaker phone..we laughed about it) We had a great stay.

Room Tip: if you want a sofa bed specify that. Strip views are a extra charge, extra people are an extra charg...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank suef33
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly thankful that you took the time to recommend Grazie, our hotel loyalty program. Grazie is a wonderful way to be rewarded for your loyalty and based on your review I am confident that you reaped the benefits!

While I am thankful that your overall experience was positive I would still like to apologize for the challenge that you experienced with your in suite phone. While I apologize for the challenge you experienced, I am certain that if this concern had been brought to our management’s attention during your stay that they would have fixed the telephone immediately.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and opulent accommodations.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,729)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I just got home from staying five days at this hotel. We traveled with a group of four couples, and enjoyed our stay very much. Maid service was very good, they did a great job every day.

We had no issues with our room at all, but one of the other couples had problems with their room safe. The king-size bed was really comfortable, almost like the one we have at home - pillows were very nice as well.

Check in was quick and easy, and our room was quite large and beautiful. Two levels with a sunken living room. The only complaint I would make is that the rooms are quite dark, so it was difficult to see. The lights take a few moments to warm up for maximum brightness but even at maximum, it was still dark. The bathroom was especially nice, with a makeup area, stool and separate mirror. I really liked it.

The pool was adequate, busy, but it only took a few moments to find chaises. Drinks are very expensive but good. Pool service was a bit slow.

I probably wouldn't stay again here, but that's only because there are so many great hotels in Vegas. We will probably try something else for the next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bricagrog
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I also appreciate your insightful feedback about in suite lighting and our pool service. I apologize if these two experience inconvenienced you in any way or caused you any stress.

I am disappointed to read that you did not want to return to The Venetian | The Palazzo. Earning each and every guests future loyalty by providing them with unmatched accommodations and service is of paramount importance to The Venetian | The Palazzo; therefore, if there is anything we can do to earn your loyalty please do not hesitate to reach out to our guest relations office directly.

scotland
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Where do I start. What an amazing place! From entering the foyer with its amazing ceilings and fountain this place took our breath away. Our suite was fantastic, enormous, plush and elegant. The bathroom was like something out of a grand palace. The bed was really comfy as was the seating in the lounge area. The many restaurants were outstanding and you certainly could get lost in this place. We did!! St. Mark's Square is absolutely incredible. Walking through all the shops you could easily be in Venice. If you go here you will not regret it, I promise. A gondola ride is a must by the way. The casino was brilliant too. Oh I could go on and on. Any questions don't hesitate to ask. Loved it and will definately return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weelynn
Dear Guest,

Every aspect of The Venetian | The Palazzo was created for the enjoyment of our guests; from our luxurious suites and beautifully re-created historic landmarks of Venice, Italy, to hand-painted frescos and world-class restaurants. I am so very pleased to hear that you had such a memorable and enjoyable stay.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to exceed your expectations each time your travels bring you to this fabulous city.

Cork, Eire.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Venetian on my Honeymoon for 4 nights in September 2012. Our flight leaving Dublin had been delayed 6 hours and when we arrived it was 1:30am. We were very tired after having been awake and travelling for over 26 hours. When we got to check-in we got a friendly greeting and were asked what was the occasion for our visit, after explaining we were on honeymoon, the man at the front desk told us he’d see what he could do in terms of an upgrade. He offered us a very large and beautiful room at a “once off” fee, we told him it was nice but even with the discounted price it was out of our price range and we just wanted to be checked into the room we booked, after a few more minutes of explaining how nice a suite it was and us replying with “No, but thanks” he explained to us that they did not have any of the room type we had booked available that night. We then asked what he intended to do (we had booked the hotel 7 months previously). We were told we would be put in the hospitality suite at no extra cost and if we still wanted the room type we booked one would be available for us to move into in the morning. So we got our room key and set off to go to sleep (or so we thought). When we got to the room I heard voices and power tools behind the door, when I opened the door I was faced with two of the hotels maintenance staff who were as surprised to see me as I was to see them, they informed me they were fixed the security lock on the door and would be gone in a few minutes. The suite itself was beautifully finished and very large but it lacked that cosy feel, it seemed like a room that was never used and was not quite finished, although I can’t put my finger on why I felt like that. It had no bath, the bed folded out from the wall (and was very uncomfortable) and the view from the window was of a wall about 10 feet away. Anyway after 20 minutes the maintenance men left, so we settled to get some sleep and then realised the bellhop hadn’t arrived with our luggage yet, a few more minutes and he did arrive and we settled down for the night……only to be woken at around 7am by the sound of a drill being used in the room next door and the sound of hammering, this went on and off until 9am when we decided to get up after an almost sleepless night. So we grabbed breakfast and on the way back I stopped by the front desk to request to be moved to the room we had booked, (even though it was half the size of the room we were in). I asked the woman at the desk if we could get a room on a high floor with a nice view, she was extremely nice and helpful and moved us straight away. We then went up to the suite and packed up our luggage and moved.

The room we booked was a luxury suite, half the size of the Hospitality suite but much more homely. Still a very large room with shower and bath, a large comfortable bed and living area with couch and flat screen TV. There was also flat screen TV in front of bed and even one in the bathroom. WiFi in all the rooms. After our initial bumpy first night everything else went smoothly. The Venetian is one of the most luxurious hotels I have stayed in, the room was spotless everyday after the maids and I had a great nights sleep every other night after that first night. The pool is huge and always busy with loud music, that’s Vegas baby.

The shopping centre is beautiful and recreates Venice incredible with it’s shop fronts, Gondolas and ceiling painted to look like the day sky.

Plenty of places to choose to wine and dine, our favourite was Grand Lux Café, the food was gorgeous, the prices very reasonable, the portions huge and the staff very friendly.

In terms of location it’s in the middle of the strip and the Deuce bus stops just outside to take you up and down the strip. All in all a fantastic stay at the Venetian even with that rocky first night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your honeymoon! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration. I was so pleased to hear that when you encountered your only challenge, our team assisted you directly and moved you to a suite more to your liking.

I am grateful that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay overall. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo for many more special occasions to come.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Venetian for 4 nights recently with our two teenage daughters. From the start our experience was fantastic. Valet Parking was effecient and well organised. Our check-in was quick and easy (mid week) and our room was amazing. The hotel rooms here are hugh. We had two queen beds (rare for the USA) with a massive bathroom and large sitting area with views down the strip. The only negative is that the mini bar is "sensor activated" and so you need to make sure you don't pick up or move anything in the bar you'll be charged for it regardless of whether you actually consumed it. But apart from that there were no negatives wth the rooms. The concierge was extremely helpful. It was my daughers 16th birthday whilst we were there. I contacted concierge to organise show tickets, birthday cake, dinner reservations, limo hire and all were organised without any problems. They were helpful and friendly and made great suggestons. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, tacky, over the top and amazing. Great shopping, lovely cafes and restaurants. Gondola rides through the hotel whilst gazing up at the "fake" blue cloudy sky were a fun experience. The whole place is fun, fun, fun. The staff were helpful and friendly in all the shops, cafes and the hotel. The only negative for me was the cigarette smoke flowing from the casino floor. Great hotel for a fun "over the top" Vegas holiday.

Room Tip: A higher floor with a view towards the strip overlooking the pool was great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our room at this hotel was wonderful!! Very spacious, and we got a great rate as well so that was truly wonderful. Bathroom was very nice, double sinks, large shower and tub. We really enjoyed the pool area as well, but the drinks are EXPENSIVE. Better to order at the outdoor restaurant and pour into a plastic cup. Some of the drinks are 5.00 or more cheaper (BloodyMary ). Overall, great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 nights at The Venetian and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Check in was a breeze, quick service indeed. We were offered an upgrade, but declined. Upon entering our king room, we were overwhelmed at the size of it...no need for upgrade! Highly recommend the Cafe downstairs for breakfast (buffet) lunch and dinner ( Buffalo Chicken Rolls mmmm). Smaller cafes were good too. The hotel is in a great location, bus stop next door to travel to the Northern Factory Outlets ;) ,and up and down the strip. Handy to the shows out the front of Mirage and the Bellagio. The hotel is just gorgeous, never too much guilded gold I say, and the artwork is just stunning! Without hesitation, we will return to this hotel, on our next trip to Vegas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

I value your patronage and certainly look forward to hosting you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards.