“Amazing Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
ct.
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels in Las Vegas and this one by far the best. We stay in a section each called the Venezia Tower. This section had it's own garden pools each with different temperatures and it was never crowded. The lobby for this hotel was spectacular. The room was a king bedroom suite with a huge living room.Both rooms had a 47 inch hdtv. The living room had a desk with a printer for your computer. The bathroom had a water closet, double vanity bathtub and separate shower room. I have stayed at both The Venetian and Palazzo before but this section is the best

Room Tip: Ask for the Venezia Tower with a strip view which overlooked the Mirage Hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your epic review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,808)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a 7 night stay and we had a great experience. From the moment we arrived at the hotel in the taxi staff where helpful and friendly. Check in was quick and easy, finding our room on the other hand wasn't. There are lots of floors etc so made it difficult to get to your room quickly. We stayed in a standard room which was spacious with lots of room for luggage, my shopping and shoes! We requested a modern style of room as I have noticed from previous comments some people have said some rooms need a re fit and are a bit tired. We did get a modern room and I wasn't disappointed! I did want a strip view/good view but they wanted $45 a night which I wasn't pre paired to pay. Cleaning was great, lots of towels, shower gels erc can't really fault it!
We also had to call for help as we broke our safe (oops) we did need to wait about 30mins but a hand man did come and sort it out.
In the hotel there is so much to do and see! We did the gondola rides which was expensive @ $37 for 2people & only lasted about 10 mintutes, but romantic! So many shops & resturants.
Went to the pool one day, try and get there early as the beds in the sun go quick and the ones at the back are in the shade until around 2pm....
€22.00 charge a day which is a bit steep, I did use the wifi in the room and it worked well on the laptop & iPads so glad it includes this.
Overall we had a fanatic stay and would reccomend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here with a bunch of girlfriends for a Bachelorette party weekend. We had two adjoining suites (the hotel made sure our two suites were adjoined). The room included a living room with huge couch and gorgeous view, two comfortable queen beds, two TVs, power window blinds (these were fun to play with), and large bathroom with two sinks, shower, and tub. I was not in charge of booking the room, so I can't give my two cents on the booking or hotel check-in process. Everyone I encountered who worked at the hotel was very nice and pleasant. I barely left the hotel all weekend- it had everything I needed. It's also across the street from Walgreens or CVS, which is where we went to buy drinks for our pre-partying. The pool was wonderful as well. We had our own private cabana, which was heaven. What better to way to spend a Saturday afternoon, hanging out by the pool and then going to our air-conditioned cabana to drink and watch college football?! It was a great weekend and I would love to come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terri R
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your Bachelorette weekend! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

I especially want to thank you for your positive review of our cabana and pool experience. The Venetian | The Palazzo have eleven pools offering diverse pool experiences for our guests. I am pleased that you were able to take full advantage of the cabana experience.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Chicago
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I just got home from a 4 day, 3 night stay at the Venetian. It was ok. Honestly, we've stayed at the Wynn and Bellagio and I would probably stay at one of those before the Venetian again.
First of all, when we got there after a day of delayed flights, we were told that our reservation which I had made 4 months prior for a Non-Smoking, King bed room was not available. I was livid. We had already paid a deposit and were told that we would have to stay in a Smoking room. I told them that was completely unacceptable. We were told we could have a room with 2 queen beds and then switch to our original king room if one became available. I said absolutely not. When I kept persisting, a "manager" was magically able to find us a King room that was non-smoking.
After all of that, our room was ok. It was large, which was nice, but the furniture was pretty beaten up. I was also disappointed in the quality of the bed. Not too comfy. Also, we found that we had no toiletries in the bathroom. We wouldn't have noticed, accept that when the housekeeping staff cleaned our room the next day, all of the toiletries were there.
As far as the casino goes, we were disappointed. The slots are all pretty old and there is virtually no variety. We went to a few other casinos to gamble.
The atmosphere there was pretty good. Lots of shopping, bars and restaurants. We had some pretty good food everywhere we went. The staff overall was very friendly (even when they were arguing about our reservation they were very polite).
It was a nice trip because we had been to Vegas before and knew which casinos to go to that were a little more fun. The Venetian/Palazzo are very large, with a lot of entertainment options, but I don't know that we will return.

Room Tip: Apparently it doesn't matter which room you choose. They will give you whichever room they see...
1 Thank BlueC9
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the shopping and atmosphere. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian |The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that the condition of your suite did not reflect a level of exceptionality.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future. Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if you wish to further discuss.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I researched for well over a year before our first trip to Vegas and for our hotel choice it came down to the Venetian or Aria. Completely opposite properties in every way, I liked that the Aria is new and modern and the Venetian old-world style and ornate. Well after visiting almost every hotel on the strip I can say without a doubt we made the right choice. We absolutely loved the property, from the handpainted ceilings to the canals. Upon arrival I asked for a strip view, but they said it would be an extra charge so I declined. I think we were on the 31st floor. Unfortunately we were looking down on the air conditioners, but we did have a nice view of the mountains. Having never been there before, we were pretty overwhelmed with the noisy casino but amazed at how quiet our room was! It was sooo nice to go from the craziness of the strip to our little sanctuary. We never heard anyone, it felt like we had the floor to ourselves! If we ever get to go back I'd like to do more and take advantage of the coupons they give you upon check in. On our last night I really wanted to do the gondola ride but it took forever for us to find the ticket counter, and once we did they were sold out. We didn't realize you have to make reservations to ride! So that was a bummer. We also got to see Phantom before it closed down - it was spectacular! Why is it closed now?? I didn't like the smell of smoke in the casino and how loud and crowded the casino is, since you have to go through it to get in and out. All in all, we really loved it, and my only regret is that we didn't get to spend more time in the Venetian.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wynterwed
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I am glad that you choose The Venetian | The Palazzo also. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

I appreciate that you took the time to share helpful tips with future first time Vegas travelers. Indeed, you are correct that reservations for our Gondola ride are helpful but not required. Again, I thank you for the positive feedback and we all look forward to your return in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

As a first timer in Vegas i expected to be impressed but Vegas is more than words can describe. You have to see this place to believe it!
Had initially booked the Wynn but changed my mind as this hotel was abround £300 cheaper for the 5 nights- definately a wise decision. The best thing about the Venetian is the HUGE rooms! The massive bathroom with his & hers sinks, seperate bath, shower, toilet AND dresssing table was my fav part! You can walk round all the other hotels anyway so definately choose the Venetian for room size alone. Beautiful hotel, loads of great restaurants & shops- really no need to leave your hotel as its so big!
Be sure to keep tipping the waitress in the casino $1 & they will keep the free drinks coming- althought you will have to wait some time for them to arrive!
Tao pool area very big but sunbeds which get the sun are always taken. Pool area on 10th floor was lovely & relaxing but doesnt get the sun after aug!

Room Tip: we had a room with a view of the mountains (15526), a couple we met slipped the check in guy $20 &am...

Layton
Reviewed October 3, 2012

IF your looking for a special rooom to stay at with your wife. They have it , we had the 650 sq. ft suite ...big beautiful bath room, bedroom with a step down living room. Living room has large sectional , working desk with printer. Room has two TV's...power window curtains and blinds from the remote in the bed area. They have larger suites and the room gets better ...we got lucky and got the room for $129 a special on a Thursday night.

Room Tip: if your looking for a romantic room something special this is it. My wife wanting to stay at another...
1 Thank James B
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.