“Wonderful Stay”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a great view of the strip from our suite on the 30th floor. The suite was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The suite was very nicely appointed but not overdone. We checked our bags when the taxi dropped us off at the main entrance and and they were delivered to us in the suite within 30 minutes after check-in. We asked for additional towels and they were delivered within 20 minutes of our request. The daily maid service was great as was all of the staff we encountered. We went to Venice in 2010 and when I booked our reservation for this stay, I asked if the Venetian was similar to Venice and she stated it was "just like being in Venice." Well, it's not "just like being in Venice," but it is a very nice representation of Venice. We enjoyed the Grand Canal, the restaurants and the shops. While we were there, we enjoyed two shows and walked through several other hotel/casinos. Overall, the stay was just what we needed...very comfortable and relaxing.

Room Tip: Rather than order room service (I think there was a $25 fee plus whatever you ordered and don't...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justina O
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

best hotel ever. Size, quality, creativity, elegance, standard, price, everything to make you feel soooo gooood. Highly recommended for those wishing to pamper themselves at a relatively reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mehulal2

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Magnificent,foyer was amazing,the floor design leading to the lifts was stunning,lift took seconds to the 26 floor....Had a wonderful suite overlooking the strip,which came into its own at night.......room service was excellent.....so much to see and do in the hotel was hard pressed to leave and visit other hotels,very grand and pampered experience,a must visit for everyone

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Blossom123Devon

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Every aspect of The Venetian | The Palazzo was created for the enjoyment of our guests; from our luxurious suites and beautifully re-created historic landmarks of Venice, Italy, to hand-painted frescos and world-class restaurants. I am so very pleased to hear that you had such a memorable and enjoyable stay.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Like many of the themed hotels and casinos in Las Vegas, the Venetian goes above and beyond to recreate its namesake. The hotel itself is stunning – murals cover almost every inch from ceiling to floor with gold detailing evident wherever you turn. As you enter the hotel you are greeted with a magnificent gold statue surrounded by a water fountain along with a traditionally dress accordion player.

Our 3 suites were in the Bella Tower which has its own check in area accessible only by a somewhat hidden set of lifts. Check in was quick and easy however the ripped paper otherwise known as the breakfast vouchers, along with being told multiple times that moving any item in the minbar would result in a charge took the shine away from the 5 star experience.

The room were well kept and large enough for 2 queen beds and a sunken sitting and dining area with plenty of space to spare. In case you missed the point at check in, don’t touch anything in the mini-bar – picking up an item, or putting you own bottle of water in will result in a charge.

The standout feature of the room was the bathroom with marble and gold features filling the oversized room. Not only is there his and hers sinks, a soak tub and a great shower with wall jets, there is also a dressing table.

The continental breakfast is held at Lux cafe and was nothing special and consisted of a set serve of fruit salad and 3 Danishes. The full breakfast which includes limited hot food but amazing orange just wasn’t worth the $10 upgrade. The gondola ride is a nice touch and is $16 per person for a 15 minute ride. There are two rides – one indoor and one outdoor and they don’t cross paths. The shops surrounding the canals are nice to look around and there are some good restaurants which are reasonably priced.

Overall I would rate the room a 5, and the whole experience a 4 mainly due to some average customer service and the included breakfast being substandard.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MissRodra

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities. While I am pleased that the suite exceeded your expectations, I’m sorry to read that the service and dining expectations weren’t met. This is not our standard here at The Venetian | The Palazzo and I hope this atypical experience will not discourage you from returning to the resort.

I am pleased that overall your experience was positive and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am a Platinum Priority Club Rewards Member and used points for our 3 night stay. We had a Venetian Luxury Suite with Sofa Bed for our toddler daughter. We have never stayed at hotel with more than 7,000 rooms. I like how you have to walk past the slot machines to get to your room, LOL. We had a great stay. The hotel was amazing. Room Service were able to supply us (for a small fee) with a kettle for hot water. The room was spacious and I even watched a movie. Like most hotels, laundry is very expensive, and as we are travelling for a month, I had washing. So I looked in the yellow pages and found an ad for laundry that pick-up/delivers to hotels. So I rang the number, 15 mins later I was handing over our washing to Mr in the foyer, and it was delivered that night by Mr to the foyer. Perfect!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank World_Traveller582

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

I am pleased to hear that you are an Intercontinental Hotels Priority Club Member. As the first ever Intercontinental Alliance resort we are proud to have received such a glowing review as Priority Club members are among our most important guests. I thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Venetian is gorgeous, over the top, and packed with so much to see, do, and eat that you never have to leave the hotel. So why 3 stars? Service; the Venetian is going to need to step up their training game. The staff were too busy checking their cell phones and complaining about coworkers to other coworkers to notice they weren't doing their jobs; providing a fine experience for guests with many, many area hotel options.

What’s good: The rooms are gigantic, bigger than my first apartment. The bed is super comfortable. There is plenty of room for 2 to get ready in the bathroom together for a night on the town. The number of restaurants and shops with the Venetian/Palazzo combo is plentiful. The location is fantastic. The Pool Deck is nice but the better discovery was the Pool Garden Courtyard next to Bouchon in the Venezia tower- quiet, relaxing, and empty! The workout facilities are top notch with plenty of cardio and weight equipment; it almost makes up for the biggest rip off in Vegas- the resort fee.

What's not so good: The hotel service is mediocre at best (the restaurant servers better). If the Venetian wants to compete with the high-end hotel big boys they are going to need to do some serious training on hospitality and respect. The check-in might as well be automated because the employees were lifeless. Upon returning to the desk to ask a question about the coupon book we received I had it ripped from my hand and was told "you are not in a suite, you don't get that!." We were told our friends would be put close to us when they checked in and after their flight delay that got them in at 7pm they were told they couldn't be in a room by us because "they were late!" When renting the cabana our hostess was late and her friends covered for her as well as they could. When she did show up, she was ragged from the night before. Additionally, the rooms, although big, are a little worn.

I'm glad we tried the Venetian with an off-season, super cheap deal. Had I paid top dollar for such poor service this rating might be a one. If you can overlook sub-standard service the Venetian has a lot to offer, but I couldn't help but think of trying the Bellagio on my next Vegas adventure.

Room Tip: The regular suite is so huge save your money and avoid the upgrade. Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank vagablondechelle
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our opulent luxury suite. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities. Just like our unmatched accommodations, The Venetian | The Palazzo aims to provide unmatched service to each and every guest. I apologize that it appears this was not a complete success in your situation. I specifically apologize that you felt that the front desk agent was robotic. This is not our standard and I apologize for any stress or inconvenience caused by this during your stay.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future. Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if you wish to further discuss.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in August for my husband's 40th birthday. We got a great deal as a Grazie member and enjoyed an upgraded 1400sf suite for an excellent price. I have always liked staying at the Venetian as it has a young feel but is still relaxed and not insane with the party crowds. Room service customer service was wonderful, they set the table and were always friendly and quick. The food quality was also good, breakfast burritos and the pancakes were killer on the day after a late night. We had a blast and ate at many of the restaurants on site. My favorite was Taqueria Cañonita which is next to the canal. Stellar service and great happy hour specials. The Venetian is close enough to everything and we had a short walk to get on the monorail and hit some of the other sites. We had mediocre luck on the slots at the Venetian and I would advise more consistent drink service in the casino. A great site overall for a trip to Vegas.

Room Tip: Join the Grazie slot club and they will send you great offers for rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SumJ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.