“Venetian for Vegas Birthday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #9 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Tucson, Arizona
“Venetian for Vegas Birthday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in August for my husband's 40th birthday. We got a great deal as a Grazie member and enjoyed an upgraded 1400sf suite for an excellent price. I have always liked staying at the Venetian as it has a young feel but is still relaxed and not insane with the party crowds. Room service customer service was wonderful, they set the table and were always friendly and quick. The food quality was also good, breakfast burritos and the pancakes were killer on the day after a late night. We had a blast and ate at many of the restaurants on site. My favorite was Taqueria Cañonita which is next to the canal. Stellar service and great happy hour specials. The Venetian is close enough to everything and we had a short walk to get on the monorail and hit some of the other sites. We had mediocre luck on the slots at the Venetian and I would advise more consistent drink service in the casino. A great site overall for a trip to Vegas.

Room Tip: Join the Grazie slot club and they will send you great offers for rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SumJ
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,552)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel has everything you expect and so much more, for the price that we paid it was absolutely unbelievable would recommend anyone to stay here.

We booked a standard suite fro two nights which cost $298, it was the best value for money i have ever spent on a hotel, we didn't go for the upgrade which they offered on check-in, but really there was no need.

2 Thank seamus h
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so I may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and I all look forward to your return.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed 5 nights in a deluxe room (non strip view). Room was a great size with comfortable bed and sitting area at lower level.
Furnishings within room were good and within public areas of hotel beautiful.
All staff encountered were polite, friendly and very helpful.
Only negative point was that although we were checked in within waiting too long, we thought that the noise levels at the front desk high, which made it diifficult to discuss detailed issues with the staff members.

1 Thank globe28
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and I all look forward to your return.

West Linn, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I don't get some of these reviews! My room was very nice and not tired at all! REALLY good bed. All halls in large hotels are long and ours wasn't dark at all (maybe the other guys still had his sunglasses on?). Pools were packed and you couldn't get near the water unless you staked out a space by 11 am... Spa was terrific and these folks weren't snooty at all (unlike some other spas in town). Great place for a celebration (birthday and anniversary)... Hit several of the restaurants, gambling was well-lit and comfortable and just watching and listening to the gondoliers was a kick....

2 Thank Bostonvisitorxx
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Spent 2 nights at Venetian on business. Conference/Convention was at Sands Expo attached to the hotel. Would recommend hotel overall, but still prefer Wynn/Encore if you have a choice.

Pluses:
-Love that you can buy water at a kiosk right by the elevator to the room
-Love that you can grab quick coffee and croissant from Bouchon Bakery right by elevators to room
-All-suite room product is still luxurious and very spacious
-Comfortable bed

Minuses:
-I had housekeeping issues during my stay such as: robes are not provided in rooms anymore except on request, i used the cotton balls provided as a courtesy and they weren't replaced, when i arrived there was a coat hanger on the bed and a mirror in the bathroom that was filthy (and never cleaned during my stay)
-The room feels a little tired and due for a refresh, esp the caulking in the shower that is in need of some serious attention
-The hairdryer is 1600 instead of 1875-- taking too long to dry hair-- I rarely encounter this anymore, but when I do it says to me, "This hotel does not care about female business travelers"
-For a hotel that is used to a lot of business travel bc of the convention center, the wifi connection was spotty and slow
-The lights in the room weren't great and in particular in the bathroom they were subpar. In the bathroom, I think they are environmentally friendly light bulbs because after about 30 mins they get brighter, but never bright enough-- the bathroom is dark-- particularly an issue for putting on make-up for a woman that cares about that kind of thing
-There are no extra plugs by the bed to charge your phone, etc. at night
-Don't enjoy the hike from check-in to get to the elevator bank dragging your suitcase thru the casino
-Late check out was unavailable

BL: The Venetian is still a luxury property and the large suite is a great place to spend a night, but I was at Encore (Wynn) last week and spent two nights there and strongly preferred it. The rooms were cleaner, in great shape, large, well-decorated, well-lit, and technologically superior in every way. Plus, the elevators to the rooms was right by the check-in desk, which is much preferred.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GlobalGirlz
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host you during your recent visit. I am humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our housekeeping services. I sincerely apologize for the unnecessary stress that this had imposed on you. It is through communication such as yours that I am better able to monitor and improve services for our guests, and I thank you kindly for your time in sharing your experience with us. Please be assured that I do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly.

I hope this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again. If I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our guest relations department.

Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We absolutely loved the hotel. The public spaces are amazing and the standard of decor superb. The rooms are all huge (we were offered a discount upgrade on check in but as this was probably the biggest room I have ever stayed in I didn't bother), we'd booked a King Size suite. The staff are universally helpful and helped us to make full use of the facilities. The location is superb, right in the heart of the strip.

The downside of staying here is that there is no doubt that this is one huge money making facility. There are additional charges for absolutely everything. There is a 'resort fee' that pays for the 'complimentary facilities' such as wifi and the pools. There are charges to use gym facilities such as classes. There are no coffee making facilities in the room and the additional costs added on to the room service menu are in the small print (compulsory tip at 18% plus a delivery charge!).

Room Tip: If you can't get a deal on the net they'll offer deals on check in to upgrade.
2 Thank Howard G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate the positive review that you posted on TripAdvisor. As a customer service professional I appreciate hearing from satisfied guests such as yourself.

I apologize that you felt the cost of a Venetian | Palazzo vacation is excessive. I want to recommend Grazie, our hotel loyalty program. Grazie is a wonderful way to be rewarded for your loyalty and get discounts on everything from our spa and retail stores to discounts on future stays.

Thank you again for your positive review and I look forward to hosting you at The Venetian | The Palazzo for many Las Vegas vacations to come.

Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Venetian for one night on a Saturday. The hotel was very busy but coped well with the crowds.

The rooms are amazing, each one is a suite with at least 3 TV's (one in the bathroom!)

The hotel is in an excellent position on the strip and the shopping is good too!

i would definitely recommend the hotel and consider staying again if we re visit Las Vegas!

Tip: The Grand Lux Cafe serves really good food with excellent service at a very reasonable price! We ate there for Dinner on the evening of our stay and lunch the next day!

2 Thank shamushamuUk
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to your return.