“Best of the non-ultramoderns on the Strip”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Best of the non-ultramoderns on the Strip”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I LOVED the Venetian. I've stayed at the Aria and some of the other ultra-moderns, but the Venetian is a 5-star resort with the flair of themed hotel with luxury of a full-service destination. Tastefully done.

I wouldn't call it a deal, but it is a great option on the Strip.

Great pools, vaulted decorated walls and ceilings and marble floors make the experience roomy, open and magnificent/opulent. The casino is tasteful, the many restaurants offer something for everyone - I even liked the paninis at the grill beside the casino.

The rooms are all-suite with split level living rooms. It's a great setup for friends or guests.
Room Service was pretty fast, the food was really good.

I'll be back.

Room Tip: I think they're all suite rooms (two room split levels)
1 Thank SoCalJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,612)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I will start off by saying this was our first ever trip to Vegas. We turned a work conference into a full vacation and it was wonderful. We chose to stay at the Venetian because that is where my conference was located. We were in one of the Venetian Tower suites. The room was absolutely gorgeous! Very clean and spacious! The bed was very comfortable and the shower was also wonderful...great temp and pressure. Our floor was nice and quiet, we didn't hear any other guests at all. Oh, and did I mention the view? It was simply amazing, especially at night.

The size of the Venetian/Palazzo is astounding. I got lost more than once trying to navigate my way around to and from the conference rooms, and the staff was always friendly and helpful. I have to say that the valet staff was especially great.

We ate at several of the restaurants located inside the hotels, all of which were quite good. We especially enjoyed breakfast every morning from Bouchon, which had great coffee and fresh pastries/breakfast sammies. We loved the Double Helix wine bar and Sin City Brewing.

The casino here seemed far nicer to us compared to several other hotels nearby. It was also a lot of fun to window shop and people watch.

We also got to see the Blue Man Group, which was right in the hotel as well. Definitely a great show and worth seeing! We really enjoyed ourselves.

All in all, a great place to stay. Honestly, not sure we'd stay here again ONLY because the rooms are so expensive (I got a slightly discounted rate for the conference and it was still extremely expensive). The price is my only complaint. If money is no object for you, then DEFINITELY stay here! :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Laurie P
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The room was beautiful, clean, spacious and very comfortable.

The hotel was a great experience, amazing huge and luxurious. You can go in different restaurants, go shopping, have a big casino and retail outlets were impressive plus the options of three in house shows covered our needs.

I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank afirmiano
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 25, 2012

Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This was our fourth visit to Las Vegas, but the first time we stayed at Venetian. We booked a "Luxury Suite" with a view of the Strip and it was fantastic (almost twice the size of my first two East Coast apartments!). We were offered an upgrade (for an extra charge) at check-in, but I can't imagine needing more space. The separate living area, with a nice sized dining table, really made this feel like a home away from home. We spent a lot of time lounging on the sofa, admiring the view, and relaxing. The only thing I didn't like, but I'm sure it's required by fire code, was the light that illuminited the two steps going from the bedroom area to the living room. This was really bright with the other lights off at night, and I found it difficult to ignore when trying to go to sleep.

The bed was incrediblly comfortable. My husband and I are both allergic to down, so at check-in I asked if we could have the pillows and duvet replaced with something hypoallergenic. Within 20 minutes of checking in late on a Friday, housekeeping arrived to switch the down pillows for foam, and replace the duvet with a comfy blanket. Once I got past the light issue, we slept wonderfully every night.

The bathroom was very large with a separate tub, shower, WC, and double sinks. There was also a separate dressing table with a lighted mirror. As noted in another review, the lighting in the bathroom wasn't great, but I found it sufficient.

We chose to stay at the Venetian because several of the restaurants we wanted to try were located at the hotel. I will post individual reviews, but every meal we had at one of the restaurants here was fantastic. Brunch at Bouchon Bistro was wonderful. Lunch at Public House was wonderful. Dinner at B&B Ristorante was probably the best meal we had in Vegas with excellent food and service. We also loved getting morning coffee and pastries from Bouchon Bakery in the mornings. It's right outside the elevator lobby for the rooms, so it was super easy to go down early and bring something back to the room for a quick, but yummy, breakfast.

Others mentioned the $20 resort fee, which I understand is now pretty common in Las Vegas. I have stayed at many hotels in Hawaii where a resort fee is imposed, but you don't really get anything for it aside from a newspaper and free local calls. (Gee, thanks.) However, the $20 at Venetian actually gets you stuff! Included in the $20 fee is unlimited in-suite wifi, 2-for-1 drinks at some of the bars, free daily coffee and newspaper at Cafe Presse (we didn't take advantage of this, but it was a nice offer), and discounts at other restaurants and bars. I know it's just another way for the hotel to get a few extra dollars out of guests, but I appreciated being offered something in return.

We are not big gamblers, but we did play some at the casio at Venetian and at Palazzo. I appreciated that both were a little brighter and easier to get around than most of the older casinos. The Palazzo's casino was especially nice with it's high ceilings, wide walkways, and nonsmoking areas.

3 Thank MrTed
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Outstanding facilities and staff. Very comfortable room. Casino had a number of new slot games and the restaurants were very nice. Only issue was with the wireless service for my laptop - this needs much work by the IT group. Signal dropped often and I was told by the IT department that I should have rebooted the wireless router before I started using my laptop - how would I have known this? The problem persisted even after the router was rebooted.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed time spent in the casino and restaurants. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that you had challenges with the wireless service. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future.

Broome, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2012

we recently stayed at the venetian as a special treat after a driving holiday across the western half of route 66....what a scam!!!!!!!
the check in girl was too well rehearsed in her check in spiel with absolutely NO interpersonal skills.
Our room was very nice, but there are a distinct lack of amenities...e.g. coffee making facilities, no replacement of bathroom amenities ( except soap + shampoo), an exhorbitant 'resort tax' which entitles you to ?????...virtually nothing. We paid the resort tax...but its winter so who needs access to a pool, we were given ONE voucher for ONE complimentary cup of coffee ( for a 6 day stay). We were then charged room tax . A VERY disappointing effort on the part of the hotel, when occupancy was low and no effort was taken to make us feel welcome.
NEVER again...and I would never recommend this resot...the rest of our trip was great...service, friendliness and welcoming smiles from small to large hotels along our way...what a disappointment the supposedly fashionable Venetian was.

2 Thank Liz L
Dallas
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We attended a continuing professional education event at the hotel and we were able to obtain a good rate by reserving the day housing and registration became available. Didn't have much of a view, which was okay because the room did not overlook the noisy Vegas Strip.

Room: Showing its age. Sheldon Adelson needs to invest a few million bucks to buy new furniture or at least repair what is already there. The sofa was ratty and the wood furnishings looked like they had been used to film an episode of a SWAT team reality TV show. Bathroom was immaculate and the houskeeping service good.

Food: We ate at several of the restaurants, including the seafood and higher end Italian places. Both were good, but there was a bit of a mismatch between portion size and price and this was not cuisine nouvelle or tapas. Walked over through tunnel into the Palazzo and had a better selection of restaurants. Had breakfast at Bouchon on the upper floor and it was great. Probably the best meal we had.

Gambling: Casino was okay, but not much different than any of the other mid-range places on the Strip. We don't do much gambling, but the casino at the Palazzo was much nicer and certainly much brighter.

Shopping: The place is a maze and has a good selection of shops but we didn't buy anything. Food court at the shopping mall part has nicer types of fast food than the biggest national chains.

Front desk: Good service and discreet. They don't yell 'next in line' but hold up a sign. An obnoxious moron in front of us was too busy on her Crackberry to move up, until someone behind us said, "Hey stupid...move it!" She looked back with the usual daggers and then proceeded to humiliate herself at the checkin whining that she wanted an upgrade for the usual DYKWIA tactics. The clerk handled her gracefully. The only downside was checkout, where the hotel was horribly understaffed for the number of people returning home after the meeting. Luckily, we were up and dressed early.

Housekeeping: Everything was clean and sparkling in the public areas. The rooms were aging but well maintained otherwise.

Overall: Not sure it was worth the money we paid because the dilapidation of the furnishings, but the good service and food and the proximity to its sister property the Palazzo through the tunnel made it okay.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view which was serene. If you don't want the noise, don't ask for a strip...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by our Front Desk team members. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that you found the furnishings in your suite to be showing age. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.