“Great location, OK hotel.”

Americas Best Value Inn Las Vegas
Ranked #182 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
California
“Great location, OK hotel.”
Reviewed February 7, 2009

It was just my friend and I (both females) that stayed here. It's sandwiched between two Motel 6's, and the people staying at those motels were kinda shady. On our walks to and from we were often "harassed" ('hey ladies where ya going?') by drunk men driving or walking by. One night we were being followed home so we ducked into Coco's restaurant for awhile so that they didn't try and force themselves into our room. I would not stay there again if I didn't have a male with me. We had to make sure no one was watching or following us every time we entered our room so that no one knew where we were staying, just to be safe. There are some rent-a-cops who piddle by every now and again but they aren't too scary-looking driving golfcarts.

For quality comparison, it's about equal to staying in a Motel 6 or a Super 8, so if you don't mind staying in one of those rooms, you won't mind staying in one of these rooms. I found this place to be a bit cleaner than most of the Motel 6/Super 8's I've stayed in though. It's a great location. It's on the nicer end of the strip by MGM Grand and NYNY. Maybe a 5 minute walk to MGM?

The staff was very friendly, they let us check in WAY early (we arrived at 7 a.m. and were exhausted from traveling all night) because they luckily had our room clean and ready already. They also will call you a cab. We had a run-in with a jerk cabdriver who was trying to charge us almost $30 to take us to MGM because 'it cost him that much to put his taxi on the road and we could walk there in five minutes' (we were in high heels and it was late so we didn't wanna walk). He drove away when we refused to pay that ridiculous price for less than a mile, and the lady at the front desk was quite irritated at the driver and apologized and called us a new one who was much happier.

If you're just planning on sleeping, showering and changing there (which you should - you're in Vegas!) then it's good for it's price. If I had the extra money I would stay at MGM. Ladies - be careful, don't stay here without a guy.
*Note* The pictures are from after a few days of being there, the messiness is our own fault. =)

• Liked — Location, Price, Friendliness of staff and cleanliness and comfort of room.
  • Disliked — The area it was in, safety was a big concern.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank biztuffles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed January 6, 2009

I've stayed at this motel in August 08 for a week and overall I'm happy what I got for my bucks. My room was clean, aircon worked well and the location opposite the MGM was excellent. Unlike to other reviewer's experience, my door DID lock properly. Also, I couldn't spot any shady characters lurking outside. The rooms aren't very big, I'd say they are fine for 1 or 2 people and absolute max 3.

Only problem I had was the curtains, I had to put the yellow pages on them, otherwise someone could have seen me snoring inside! In addition, the aircon was rather noisy. But I didn't notice that when coming home late at night, as I was tired, happy and tipsy. It's Vegas after all, I only went back to the motel to get some sleep or for having a shower.

• Liked — The location was fab.
  • Disliked — The poorly shutting curtains in my ground floor room.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Danilein
Minnesota
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Guys spend a little more bucks and look for something else while you enjoy your trip to las vegas. Overall it is a 'garage' looking inn with poor maintenance, smelly carpet, worn-out interiors, broken doors.

Pros: Location (right on strip), 24hr open 'Coco' restaurant

Cons: As above. Everything else. Pricey for what it is.. I think the only reason why they charge so much is because it is on the Strip!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed November 22, 2008

I stayed here in November as part of a pre-organized group tour. We were already warned beforehand that it was going to be the worst hotel on our tour and not to expect much. However, the location was perfect, a 5 minute walk to the MGM Hotel and The Strip.
Did not have any major problems with the hotel but wouldn't recommend walking around its grounds alone at nighttime ... the cop cars scouring the hotel carpark at all times of the day said it all for me! Dodgy looking characters roaming around and I got sick from the breakfast in the Denny's by the hotel (as did one of my traveling companions) but apart from that it was ok. For the prices they charge per night, you can't expect much.
BTW, the Best Value American Inn at Eloy in Arizona was FAR worse than the one in Vegas ... have not stayed at any of their other properties but from these two experiences, I would avoid this chain in the future! There are better hotel chains in the US.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — Felt like a redlight district.
  • Stayed November 2008
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed November 10, 2008

The hotel is in an excellent location near the MGM Grand and Hooters, and the person at the front desk was very personable.
As for the actual rooms and the sketchy people hanging out near the hotel in the evening, it left a lot to be desired.
The rooms appeared clean at first, but the mold around the bathtub, the bathroom door that wouldn't close and the foul odors told a different story. It impossible to sleep - even though I had a full day of walking the town and seeing a concert - because of the offensive odor of the bed/pillow and the paper-thin walls that allowed me to hear everything anywhere near the room.
Ultimately, the room was used from about 1 to 4 a.m., when we couldn't take it any more and decided to leave town without a night's sleep.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Foul odors, thin walls
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheFranci
Miami
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Got a good deal on priceline for this hotel. $30 a night on Halloween weekend not bad eh? Anyways, the rooms are small, if you're traveling with more than 2 people, I suggest you look elsewhere. These rooms are good for 1 or 2 people and no more. The location is great, 10 minute walk from MGM Grand, and next door to Hooters. The front desk staff was nice. If you're in Vegas for the hotel and bumming around, don't stay at this hotel. However if you're like me and only use the hotel to sleep in, this place is excellent for the price.

Pros: Good location, 10 minute walk from MGM Grand.
Friendly staff.
Cheap ($30 a night avg the weekend I went)

Cons: The AC in our room was finicky, sometimes it'd work, other times the air was somewhat warm.
Same with the shower, hot water and cold water appear at random. Whatever, $30 a night in Las Vegas :)
Small rooms, travel groups of 3+ beware!

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — Size of room and finicky/old amenities
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Paulxl7
sydney
Reviewed October 23, 2008

My family..2 adults and 2 teenage boys stayed here for 6 nights, and loved it. Yes the rooms we smallish, and it was old, But after travelling the world for 2 months prior, the room was no different in layout to the Sheraton, comfort inn, Holiday inn etc. When you consider you only go there to sleep and freshen up it was an excellent choice of accomodation. We had a 24hr restaurant and swimming pool, laundry facilities...For the better part of the day if you are not sleeping you are out and about sightseeing. For goodness sake you are in VEGAS.....If you want to spend 24hrs a day in you room, go to the Bellagio or Caesars palace.
Most days we slept until 12pm and walked the strip new and old until 3am in the morning, fell into bed and did it all again the next day....You get what you pay for, nothing more.

• Liked — proximity to everything, 24 hr restaurant, laundry facilities, smoking allowed outside the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family