“I really love this place”

Silverton Hotel and Casino
Ranked #47 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My home away from home. I have over 40 nights at Silverton the last 4 years and I doubt there's too many people that know it like I do. The rooms are very good to excellent, I highly recommend the jacuzzi suites! The staff is excellent across the board, front desk, bars, restaurants, dealers, pit bosses, cleaning staff, casino hosts, boat crew...ALL excellent. The restaurants are all good to excellent. The steakhouse & Mi Casa are the top two IMHO, but Sundance, Johnny Rocket's & the buffet are all good too. Great selection of games and machines in casino, lower minimums and better odds than the entire strip. Their video poker is my 3rd or 4th favorite in all of Vegas. Free shuttle bus to/from airport & strip is a really nice touch!

Very reasonably priced. If you're over the glitz of the strip and want to avoid mega crowds, Silverton will not disappoint. It's clean, fun, and the staff truly want to please.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Habby31
There are newer reviews for Silverton Hotel and Casino

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was with my family and we chose to stay at this hotel/casino. The summer rates were fantastic. The food was good. The staff everywhere was exceptional. Friendly and always willing to help. We hung at the pool one day and it is not real big but large enough. I ordered the buffalo wings poolside and they were great.

The rooms were very large and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable too. However, the shower head needed to be better. I think it was a watersaving showerhead and therefore, it was less water. TV's are the older larger ones, not the flat screens but I was not there to watch tv.

I would recommend you staying here. It is not on the strip but has a shuttle that runs all the time to Caesars. Also has an airport shuttle - but you need to make reservations.

It is also connected next to Bass Pro shops so that was fun. The casino has a large aquarium and mermaids come visit in the aquarium too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here on the first and last nights of our first ever trip to Nevada and the west coast. Granted, we booked well in advance...but the price was unbelievable considering the size and quality of the room. Beds were comfortable, staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed August 3, 2013

First, the hotel rooms: The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. I slept well. However, it's obvious that there isn't a lot of attention to detail because some things were a little run down: the carpet was coming unraveled in a couple of areas, the bathtub was stained, etc. The worst part was the air conditioning was 70's vintage and was so loud that it woke me up every time it kicked on at night. I can't believe that in 2013 they are still using wall-mounted units with a manual thermostat.

The casino itself was pretty nice. There was a wide variety of restaurants, the staff were all friendly and helpful, and the slots were not too tight. We had a lot of fun playing the penny poker machines and managed to spend the afternoon playing without losing more than a couple of bucks. The biggest down side to the casino was the music which was far too loud and seemed to play the same two dozen country songs over and over again. I'd wind up leaving just to escape from the noise, which was far worse than the ambient gambling sounds normally associated with a casino.

In short, if I didn't have much money to spend on a nice casino, I'd stay at the Silverton.

Room Tip: Don't use the air conditioner if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ted M
Kimiko P, Public Relations Manager at Silverton Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your review and candid feedback. We’re disappointed to know that we weren’t able to meet all of your expectations. Only three miles from The Strip, our hotel is close enough to the excitement of Las Vegas but far enough away to enjoy a relaxing vacation. We're happy that you enjoyed our casino and restaurants. You will be pleased to know that we are updating our hotel rooms very soon and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

so disappointed. We have stayed several times here and the room and the customer service has always been good. On a flight home my plane landed in Vegas and I thought this would be a perfect spot to stay out of the Vegas nonsense Got checked in had requested a non smoking room, opened the door to our room and the smell knocks you over. I immediately call the front desk and said I had requested a non smoking room. She said SORRY nothing I can do for you. I call back spoke to Supervisor Lori who basically said OH well nothing we can do for you. I have stayed in tons of hotels and when I ask for non smoking I GET non smoking. This room reeked, the towels in the bathroom smelt like cigarettes. The refrigerator didn't work. Customer Service sucked. I wish I had been told at check in that all they had was smoking and I would have cancelled my reservation and gone elsewhere I wont be back..

Room Tip: If you are wanting NON Smoking be sure that is what you get.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank jaks97

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We’re sorry that we didn’t meet all of your expectations because we strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests. We’re successful most of the time, however it seems in the case of your visit we were not able to accommodate your request. Your comments have been shared with our management team. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor and we truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon so that we may have another chance to exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hotel was close to the airport, very friendly staff, and a 24 hour restaurant. Room was clean and comfortable but had an extremely noisy a/c unit. We paid $65 on a very busy weekend by booking via Expedia about 2 weeks in advance. They have a casino that smells nearly smoke free - nicer and more pleasant! Hotel was a bit dated, but clean. Very close to outlet mall

• Stayed: July 2013

We appreciate you taking a moment to review our hotel. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we want to you know that we are going to be updating our rooms very soon. Check our website or call the hotel the next time you book your room for the best rates.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at the Silverton. Friendly staff, clean public areas, nice pool area, large casino, great restaurant choices, well appointed rooms and low resort fees.

We upgraded to a more deluxe room type at check in. It was wonderful! Huge shower, nice bath amenities, extremely quiet and everything was in good working order.

The hotel is small - only about 300 rooms - and is located south of the strip, so there's less hustle and bustle. It truly felt like a relaxing getaway, yet had an exciting casino and plenty to do (duck pin bowling in an old Airstream!!).

My only complaint was with the Internet. It didn't seem to work too well with some of our devices, which was odd.

Overall, a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you sharing in detail on what you found that made your stay enjoyable. We’re lucky to have a perfect location to explore all that Las Vegas has to offer. Thanks again and we can’t wait to see you back again in the future!