“Clean, Great Food, Family Fun, Mermaids”

Silverton Hotel and Casino
Ranked #41 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel had it all...very clean rooms, loved the credit card safes and the mini refrigerators. The pool area was very nice and clean with servers for food and drinks. The restaurants had wonderful food and the portions were huge, you sure got your monies worth. There were a lot of families when we were there which I thought was nice to see in Las Vegas. Everyone was kind, friendly and very helpful always with a smile. The best part was the huge aquarium with all the fish, sharks, sting rays, etc. they had show times when a mermaid would swim around and entertain everyone, they were amazing it was fascinating to watch, they also had a scuba diver that would hand feed the sharks and other wish, we really enjoyed watching all the shows. This hotel was really great, had it all and you weren't on the busy strip but just minutes away if wanted to go there. We would absolutely return to the Silverton if we go to Vegas again!!! We had gone there for a wedding which was in Henderson.

Room Tip: The beds and pillows were fantastic, very high quality!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy P
Kimiko P, Public Relations Manager at Silverton Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the outstanding review of our hotel and casino! We're so happy that you chose to stay with us during the wedding weekend! We hope that you will be back to see us again in the near future. Thanks again for the 5-star review!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at the Silverton for 5 nights and was greatly impressed by each and every employee I came in contact with: housekeeping staff, hostess, wait staff, pool employees and maintenance. I've never encountered such a group of friendly, accommodating people ! They couldn't have made my stay any better if they had tried. The room was clean, the bed comfy, I had good food while I was there and a great A/C.
Most memorable was the great customer service. Keep up the good work, Silverton !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank k9sxsix

What a great review of our hotel and team members! We appreciate your positive feedback and we're happy that we were able to provide you with the best experience. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Silverton is an awesome place to stay at in Las Vegas. I just stayed there for 6 nights in late May/early June. Every worker from the front desk, valet and the various restaurants that I've encountered is very friendly. They seem to be proud of where they work.
The rooms are not fancy but they are comfortable.The beds have down comforters and they feel like you are sleeping on a cloud. Another thing I love is their soap, shampoo and lotion is from Bath and Body Works. I like my room very cold in the summer and the air conditioner was strong!
It is very quick to get down to the casino or the parking lot because it is a small hotel. This is good for people with mobility issues.
They are generous with free room offers, which is great!
I like their location. They are close to the car rental return center and you can jump on the freeway and get to the M Resort or South Point very fast. Across the street there is a Target, Kohl's and Famous Daves restaurant. You can take the freeway or go down Las Vegas Blvd. to the Strip. You can get to the loud, crazy big places and return to the wonderful, laid back Silverton to rest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Plumeria78

Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review of our hotel and casino. We're glad that you enjoyed our hotel and that our team members took good care of you. We look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I did a circle tour of National Parks in late April 2013. We were fortunate in encountering only fine weather and reasonably-sized crowds at all the sites. We went to Zion (Zion Lodge), Bryce (Best Western), Arches (Sunflower Hill), Monument Valley (The View), Grand Canyon (Maswik Lodge) and Hoover Dam (Silverton Hotel Las Vegas). I have comments on each park included in the hotel comment. As others suggest, try to get the very useful park newspaper/guide as soon as you enter the park. Also avoid buying gas near the parks (we paid $1 over the going rate at the Texaco in Tusayan outside the Grand Canyon).

The Silverton Hotel in Las Vegas was chosen because it is relatively convenient to McCarran Airport. The hotel entrance was practically hidden (in the back where you might normally expect to find the dumpsters). The lobby desk is more easily reached from the front casino entrance near the ever present slot machines, a huge aquarium and a set of waterfalls fronting a huge Big Bass Sporting Goods store. The room and the restaurant were OK. By the way, leave plenty of time to drop your rental car at McCarran which is huge and requires transport by bus and terminal shuttles. We visited Hoover Dam which was stupendous with great views from the new bridge. Park on the AZ side and walk across the dam. We had a good lunch at the Coffee Cup in Boulder city which seems like it might be a nice town to visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Kimiko P, Public Relations Manager at Silverton Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your whirlwind trip of National Parks. We're glad you had a great vacation and we hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip out to the west coast.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was really looking forward to staying at the Silverton again after staying there a couple of years ago. I had pre-booked and paid for a room with a king size bed. When we got there, there were no king bed rooms available. I went back to the check in counter, and the check in clerk said there were no king rooms left. So, why wasn't I told that when I checked in? The room we got was smoky and very run down. I pulled out a chair and got gum all over my hand. Yuck. This dashed my earlier memories of the beautiful Silverton hotel. On the plus side, the beds/pillows/linens at the Silverton are amazingly comfortable.

Room Tip: If you don't like the smell of smoke, ask which rooms are less likely to smell really bad.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aznance
Kimiko P, Public Relations Manager at Silverton Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your loyalty. We're sorry that we not able to accommodate your request for a king bed. We have plans for future room renovations, so we hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Okay so here I am again because the Silverton is the BEST, hands down. I was finally checking in around 2am and as I walked up, the front desk said "Mrs......" (hello, that rocks). After driving all night I asked for a late check out. The gentlemen said "how about 2pm". I was like "WOW, I thought you would say 12". He says " No 12 is our normal check out". I love this place. We slept soooooo well. So quiet, so comfy. Awesome. So I couldn't write this until now because I have stayed their repeatedly and we can't review the same place for six months and I am STILL this happy. I love the Silverton. I highly recommend the Silverton for your Vegas stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

We love a 5-star review! Thank you for staying at Silverton Casino Hotel and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you wrote this glowing review on TripAdvisor. Your loyalty to the Silverton Casino Hotel means a lot to us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed for one night using a discount offered for my husbands casino play. We like the location as it has the cheaper table games and restaurants. Traveling with 14 month old twins I liked the Aquarium, Outdoor World and decent size rooms. My complains were the tight bathroom ( you have to close the door if you are in the bathroom) charging for cribs ($10) and the pool area. Trying to give my kids a bath was difficult since I had to constantly open and close the door. Not a big deal for a single child, but as a mother of twins these kinds of things become a hassle I don't need. The same with the cribs. I brought my own since needing two becomes costly enough I could just buy one. The pool area is small with a tiny pool and even tinier jacuzzi. This is my big complaint all over Vegas, but the limited pool hours. We would prefer a night swim but the pool closes by 7pm. Not even the jacuzzi is open. When it is 100 degrees at night the pool should be open. They did have bar service, but most of the hotels do. None of these things would stop me from returning overall, but visiting in the summer with my kids I would pick a hotel with a better pool and better bathroom layout for my own comfort. As an adult traveling the room is perfectly acceptable and that is what Vegas is geared for after all.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bearetteCA

Thank you for visiting Silverton Casino Hotel. We hope that you enjoyed a wonderful family vacation and that we made your stay pleasant.