“Back Again”

Ranked #68 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Utah
“Back Again”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Okay so here I am again because the Silverton is the BEST, hands down. I was finally checking in around 2am and as I walked up, the front desk said "Mrs......" (hello, that rocks). After driving all night I asked for a late check out. The gentlemen said "how about 2pm". I was like "WOW, I thought you would say 12". He says " No 12 is our normal check out". I love this place. We slept soooooo well. So quiet, so comfy. Awesome. So I couldn't write this until now because I have stayed their repeatedly and we can't review the same place for six months and I am STILL this happy. I love the Silverton. I highly recommend the Silverton for your Vegas stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kimiko P, Public Relations Manager at Silverton Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We love a 5-star review! Thank you for staying at Silverton Casino Hotel and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you wrote this glowing review on TripAdvisor. Your loyalty to the Silverton Casino Hotel means a lot to us and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
California
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night using a discount offered for my husbands casino play. We like the location as it has the cheaper table games and restaurants. Traveling with 14 month old twins I liked the Aquarium, Outdoor World and decent size rooms. My complains were the tight bathroom ( you have to close the door if you are in the bathroom) charging for cribs ($10) and the pool area. Trying to give my kids a bath was difficult since I had to constantly open and close the door. Not a big deal for a single child, but as a mother of twins these kinds of things become a hassle I don't need. The same with the cribs. I brought my own since needing two becomes costly enough I could just buy one. The pool area is small with a tiny pool and even tinier jacuzzi. This is my big complaint all over Vegas, but the limited pool hours. We would prefer a night swim but the pool closes by 7pm. Not even the jacuzzi is open. When it is 100 degrees at night the pool should be open. They did have bar service, but most of the hotels do. None of these things would stop me from returning overall, but visiting in the summer with my kids I would pick a hotel with a better pool and better bathroom layout for my own comfort. As an adult traveling the room is perfectly acceptable and that is what Vegas is geared for after all.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bearetteCA
Thank you for visiting Silverton Casino Hotel. We hope that you enjoyed a wonderful family vacation and that we made your stay pleasant.
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have been in Las Vegas many times over the years. Our relatives live in Las Vegas.
Stayed for the first time in mid May for our son's college graduation in Las Vegas.
The Silverton Hotel and Casino was FANTASTIC. Room was clean, friendly staff, comfortable beds and the staff is very well trained. We think the Silverton is a very good value. Silverton is not on the strip, but the strip is only a few minutes away. We will stay at the Silverton again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kimiko P, Public Relations Manager at Silverton Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Silverton! We value your opinion and appreciate your positive review of the hotel. We will continue to provide you with the best service and accommodations you have come to expect from us. We look forward to your next visit, as we're sure your relatives do too.
Albuquerque
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, bathroom spotless. Friendly: Very friendly staff, especially pool service staff, front desk, and buffet. Basic: A great value for the money. Noisy: The only negative part of the experience is that the floors in the hotel must be wood or very thin. Every step from the room above is heard, as well as every step and conversation in the hallway. I would recommend the Silverton, but only a top floor, end room. The cigarette smoke is particularly thick throughout the property. Beware of this if you are a non-smoker. You cannot escape it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gregory G
Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. We're happy that we could provide you with friendly service and clean, comfortable accommodations. We hope to see you again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great Location Close to McCarran Airport,with 7 minute easy drive to strip.Local Friendly Atmosphere,great Selection of resturants.
always enjoy visit the Silverton,Also one of the Best Stek House's in Vegas

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate a review from a loyal and local guest. Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Silverton Casino Hotel. We're glad that Twin Creeks Steakhouse continues to provide you with an excellent dining experience. We will see you again very soon.
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my first stay off the strip in Vegas at a local casino. To my surprise and enjoyment the experience was very satisfying. The rooms were very clean, the bed was the most comfortable sleep experience (better than home), and the summertime rate of $35.00/nite during the week and $57.00/weekend was right in my price range. The staff was amazing, everyone was always so friendly and cheerful from the front desk to the porters. I also found the slots to be a little forgiving. I have family living in Vegas so staying at a local casino made it easier to pick me up opposed to staying on the strip. I only had two disappointments, 1 the AC ran a bit loud but I soon got use to that and the pool did not open till 9am which I felt was a bit late for an early riser. Otherwise I would highly recommend a stay, did I mention the free shuttle to the strip daily?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Wow - thank you for the excellent and positive review of Silverton Casino Hotel. We really appreciate you staying with us while you visited family in Las Vegas. We love hearing that our beds are the most comfortable. These are the same quality beds that you will find in a 5-star hotel on The Strip. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Dedham
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have been going to this hotel for the last 20 years, every year, since it was called "Boomtown" at one time.
Our vacation is usually the end of April or May, but this year we had to put our vacation on hold until September because of our jobs.

We have been faithful goers to this casino for many, many years. We actually prefer not to stay on the strip, although we do make a trip there once in the time we are visiting Vegas.

The rooms are not fancy but, very clean, and that is all we care about. We like eating here, we like drinking at the bar and we like gambling here. They do have a nice pool and a place to work out but, we never use the facilities; we would rather gamble.

The only time we had a problem at this hotel was when they ran a carnival there one year. It was chaos!!! The place was filled with kids everywhere and the whole reason we go to Vegas is to get away from kids! It was so crowded that we couldn't even get out of the parking lot. If they ever did run this carnival again; this will be the only reason why we will never stay here again. I will never understand why people are so selfish and bring their kids with them to Vegas for other people to put up with them, when the kids themselves don't want to be there anyway to begin with; that's what they have Disneyworld for.

Other then that, we like this hotel and hopefully we will go again in September.

I know I was asked when I last went to Silverton, which was in May of 2012 but, May was not listed and that is why I had to check off June.

Elaine D.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being such a loyal guest of Silverton Casino Hotel. You sure have seen a lot of changes over the years. We're happy to hear that you have continued to stay with us as we make changes to enhance our hotel and casino. You will be glad to know that we will not be having an outdoor festival in September when you stay with us this year. We look forward to your visit and hope that you will enjoy all the new slots that we have added to our casino floor.