“Lovely Pit Stop”

Silverton Hotel and Casino
Ranked #68 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Lovely Pit Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped at the Silverton Hotel on a trip from Denver to Los Angeles. It was lovely. Access from the freeway was super easy. The exterior of the hotel is beautiful, the inside lovely too. The room was spacious and the beds comfortable. It was quiet and access to the rooms a short walk from the lobby. It was midweek, so I couldn't attest to the noise level on the weekends. Some outlet shops were nearby as was plenty of food options. The hotel Starbucks was a quick and easy choice for breakfast - the staff friendly. We were pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Davidsonville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I flew into Vegas as a starting point for a two-week trip through Zion and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We had stayed at Silverton a few years before on a similar venture. We like the convenience of being on the strip but not right in the middle of it and, just as important, the plethora of camping equipment and other outdoor essentials found in the Bass Pro Shropps attached to facility.

The room was clean and roomy, althought a bit musty from apparent smokers. However, once the A/C was activated the odor disappeared. The room was nicely appointed but not grand by any means - something along the lines of what you would expect at an average Holiday Inn, etc.

The big pluses for us was the parking, food and gaming.

The parking lot is very close to the registration desk which is a rarity in this town.

The cafe serves overly large portions of good food at very reasonable prices. The decor is pleasant and inviting, something of a southwest motif. The buffet was tremendous - free one day and $5 another all day long. We wanted to get to the Mexican restaurant but didn't get a chance given the buffet deals. Geesh, we though those kind of Vegas come-ons were a thing of the past.

The gaming was outstanding. Anything you would want in slots and video poker, pennies to dollars. Our table game was restricted to blackjack, our personal favorite. We had a decent run on the machines and a lucky day at the tables and came away big winners for us but far from breaking the bank by any means.

In summary, while the Silverton has always been a favorite, it is even better than before reaffirming our commitment to return.

Room Tip: We had a room on the secon florr near the elevator. Quiet and very convenient.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fullimit
Lake Elsinore, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I had stayed there on a previous trip and enjoyed our stay there. Decided to stay there again on 8/24/12-8/25/12. I went and checked my bank statement and saw $11 charge. Called the casino and I was charged for a missing PILLOW!! Is the casino not making enough money that it now does bogus charges to it's customer?? We didn't even bother with housekeeping to save them time and money. I could have complained about the loudness of the air conditioner while we tried to sleep or the hair I found in the shower that wasn't ours!! What a joke this place is. The employee I spoke with said she would refund my money and then rudely hung up! If my bill was $134.38, why do they charge $190 security deposit?? What a joke!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and the a/c unit made alot of noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elsa104
Commerce, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Booked for weekend of August 24-26 with Summer special of $55/night. I gotta start that I had the worst trip to Las Vegas ever. Wait? you're thinking, why the heck I'm giving 5 stars and my title is as is?

Sorry the worst trip is that I couldn't enjoy the beutifulness and confortness of Silverton's nice room. My family came down sick as a dog on our way to Vegas. I was able to enjoy the room somehow though but I feel bad for the fam.

CHECK IN/ OUT:
Because of our stops Friday night, we arrived 1:30AM Saturday morning, and we had reservations for Friday and Saturday night. Of course, it was empty at that time and my mom and I were treated with courtesy, even though we forgot to load our card to leave $100 deposit. Thank you for that. My mistake on that one.
The check out was also a breeze, though there was a little mistake. Earlier in the week I called to reserve and paid first night with card and told us the rest will be paid when we arrive so on check in we gave her the card and $100 cash for deposit. When I got the deposit, turns out the card wasn't charged and the deposit was used for that. Gladly the lady that helped us corrected it.

ROOM:
Room 6040 was FAR from the parking lot (or maybe we parked far, oh well), but opening the room, it looked like heaven, well for me. Maybe because I've never stayed at a casino hotel before. The decorations in the room were exceptional, the hotel's theme is nature and they did a pretty good job, from the fish in the bathroom to the plants and wallpaper, ect. The room was very clean. The quality of sleep was great. No problems at all.

POOL AREA:
Since I had a sick family, pretty much we stayed at the hotel the entire trip. Went to the pool Saturday afternoon. I can say there's nothing to be surprised of it. Just an average pool and that's it. There's cavanas and a tiny jacuzzi that the blowers weren't strong enough. I don't complain for that.

WIFI:
Hotel charges 12.99 per night for WIFI in the room. Brought my tablet computer, but I wasn't going to pay that. Go to Starbucks by the Players Club there's free WIFI there, unless you desire privacy then yeah buy it.

BUFFET:
Buffet was 19.99 for brunch, or 17.99 for Players Club. Nothing too good about the buffet. It was ok but didn't have much choices other that 99.9% seafood. If you don't like seafood, like me, go to the burger place by Starbucks, or any other restaurant.

Overall the place was gorgeous, just a few here and there flaws, but great place and WILL come, and hopefully with a healthy self and family.

Room Tip: Get the room with the window away from the pool if you want to sleep in the quiet. Pool parties...
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Checked in to a two bed room with my brother, unknown to us we were assigned a handicapped accessible room. The handicapped shower is much too small for able bodied people, and it is a handshower with chair in the shower stall. Still got the job done.

Rooms were very nice and clean, beds very comfortable. Checked in around 10pm, grabbed a bite in their cafe. Very good shrimp cocktail and sandwiches. Reasonably priced. Overall very nice.

Plan on bringing a cell phone with a data plan, wifi internet was $11.99 per day, also there was a mandatory resort fee of around $5 (not bad for vegas).

Property is very well kept, both nights we were there the pool was "rented out" to private engagements and not accessible to the public. Made me a little ticked off, but not a deal breaker.

I would come back to this property anytime, and maybe get a more upscale room with a jaccuzzi.

Room Tip: Avoid handicapped rooms, unless you need them.
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I really loved this hotel. The staff was very nice, the room was extremely homey and comfortable. Very clean. The pool wasn't huge like most of the hotels in Vegas, but i prefer that. The sun hits it all day. Not crazy crowded... more of a locals place. And if you gamble, the tables were affordable and would not leave a huge dent in your pocket. The restaurants a great... and check out the Happy Hour specials!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

pdx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our overall experience was frustrating to say the least, the first room we had was unacceptable and smelled horrible, so bad that we could not occupy the room for the first night and could not get a different room until the following morning. My wife had asthma issues due to the first room, the hotel seemed to care less. Trying to get them to comp an extra day for this trouble was like pulling teeth from a lion, but the finally did. The new room was much better. The Bass shop is incredible and so is the Mermaid show. The facilities are very clean and the staff is so-so.

BIGGEST ISSUE.. They allow locals to use the pool.! so they bring their kids who act as if they own the place, often times these parent don't even watch their kids. The kids have a great time annoying tourists. They should have a better system of allowing these locals in , some way to assure they wont flaunt their negative vegas attitude and parent their kids. So look out for the little brats and their drunk parents and you should be fine.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are pretty cool, but they play music often starting early in the morning, so if you p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business