“Great value”

Silverton Hotel and Casino
Ranked #38 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 26, 2007

We stayed at the Silverton one night before staying at our timeshare.
The hotel has been recently renovated in lodge theme. Our room was clean and was decorated very nicely.

After leaving to our timeshare we came back and gambled and ate at the buffett. The slots are looser than on the strip, drinks are cheaper, and it is less crowded. They also had some $5 blackjack tables which do not seem to exist at the strip anymore. We ate at the
wine and steak buffet for $19.95 which was all the wine and, of
course food, you could eat. The wine was not the cheap rotgut I expected and the food was really good.

The only dissadvantage I can see to the Silverton is of course it is not on the strip. There were cabs there but I am not sure the cost to
get to the strip.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank M123456
Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed October 4, 2007

There is not enough room here to say how GREAT our stay at the Silverton Casino was. First of all we arrived early (11 AM) and asked if we could check in early, they checked and sure enough "No problem" they said your room is ready. WOW !!
We couldn't believe it. From there it just kept getting better, the pool was quiet and relaxing, plenty of chairs and towels. As for the gambling, they have a great small (compared to the vegas mega casinos) but complete casino (Sports book, table games and plenty of slots). The servers there are great as well, always friendly and quick to get you a drink. The food at the Saturday night buffet was top of the line. Now if you are thinking of staying here remember, this casino is not on the strip (it 's about a 5 minute drive there) so just keep that in mind but to me it is so well worth it. Oh yeah to top it off we asked for a late check out (to get a little more pool time in), No problem we were able to check out at 1PM.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tommmy
Reviewed September 17, 2007

This hotel is a great location for the first or last night of your trip to Vegas since it is fairly close to the airport and car rental facility.

We received two offers from the Silverton Hotel and Casino for a $29.99 room and a $39.99 room for one night. We reserved the rooms over the phone about a month ahead of time for the Laboe Day trip. We were in Vegas for eight days, but only one night at the Silverton.

My sister, her husband and kids were traveling with my husband and I, and his parents, so we gave them one room while we stayed across the hall in the other room on Wed., Aug. 29th.

We have stayed at this property several times in the past and have always enjoyed our stays. We had two beds in our room and they were fairly firm, while my sister had two much softer beds. The room was non-smoking and it didn't smell like smoke until you walked out into the hallway. This is probably due to our room being on the ground level a few halls away from the casino. You probably won't have that problem if you're on a higher floor if smoke is an issue. The rooms are very spacious, as well as the bathrooms. They were refurbished a couple of years ago, so the fixtures and decorations are updated.

While we were there, we showed everyone the aquarium which is pretty neat and spent a little time in the casino using the coupons from the American Casino Guide. The Bass Pro Shop, which is connected, was closed since we arrived late, so we didn't go there on this trip. We have been there several times and it is a fairly large store with everything you would find in the Bass Pro's at home (we are from Missouri). They do have souvenier Bass Pro t-shirts and you can find a 20% off of any one item discount coupon in the free What's On Magazine around town. There may be one in your room upon arrival, so make sure you check it before heading to the store. There are lots of other coupons in that magazine as well.

My sister and her family left early for the Grand Canyon, while we stayed in Vegas since we had been to the GC a few times. They grabbed breakfast at a IHOP, which is fairly close. We ate lunch at the Silverton buffet, which is much better (and more expensive) than the buffet of the past. We had a buy-one, get-one free coupon from the American Casino Guide, so the price was reasonable.

Check-in and out of the hotel was very easy. We gave the front desk a $100 cash deposit instead of having them put a hold on our credit card for incidentals since we were on an extended trip.

The pool looked very nice, and there is a workout room, but we didn't have time to use either.

We will definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank COMizzouFan
Reviewed August 24, 2007

I stayed with my husband in this hotel durring the way back to Utah . It was nice hotel ,Staff was ok. Smell better than some hotels. But the gym was so small . I like the soap and shampoo set in toilet . The food was okay . Good price for hotel in this city I dun have problem with staff service but compare to the country I am from I think it is a bit far from I expected

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We originally booked a week for 2 rooms at the Planet Hollywood and when we arrived the price had doubled, so we stayed 2 nights and then moved to the Silverton for the rest of our stay. The Silverton is where we will stay in any future trips to Vegas. The rooms were just as nice and for $100 could be upgraded to a fabulous suite and this still beat Planet Hollywood's price by more than $100. for just a room. The staff was so friendly, the restaurants were great, the suite was to die for. While there they also had a poolside concert by the Desperados ( A Tribute to the Eagles). The aquarium with the mermaid swimming was a nice addition to the lobby. The only drawback is that it is 5 miles south of the strip and no shuttle, so it is either a cab or the bus, which was a hassle. I love the Silverton!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 17, 2007

I booked the room after reading the reviews here. I was very disappointed and left after 1 day.

Recap of my 24 hours:
- Check in after waiting 3 hours because the room was not ready.
- Hotel employee was rude and acted like I was a bother to her
- Checked me into a dirty room
- When I went back to explain, the employee acted like it was my fault.
- Finally got a clean room.
- Didn't realize the room was an actual motel room when new furnishing.
- Ate at over priced buffet
- Food was cold
- Talked with Manager at Buffet and she told me this is normal
- Went to casino to gamble
- Tried to find $5 BJ table.
- Casino only had 1 table and dealer told me "loosen up and play a $15 table"

My wife and I were so offended we checked out and went across the street to a near by casino. I called the Silverton 4 times to explain what happened and apparently, they do not care.

Do not stay there!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MIdwestr0b
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Off the beaten path, the Silverton Casino has been here in Las Vegas for 10 years, and I only just recently made a trip there. Its located off of the Interstate I 15, its about 7-10 miles from the Strip,. but if you have a car, its TOTALLY worth the trip!
The gaming is very good, from what I experienced... you get a long play time for your money. I like the penny machines, and if you can get long play time with the pennies, well- you know thats good news.
My family and I especially enjoy the fish tank there. Its thousands and thousands of gallons, with tropical fish, some sharks... its very, very nice and of course, the best part is that its FREE.
They also have a store called the Great Oudoors, I believe and it is IMPRESSIVE. They have all kinds of taxidermied (is that a word) Animials, Moose, Lion, Giraffee, ducks, fish... you get the idea. Its just amazing. You can get ANYTHING there if you love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, camping, boating, swimming... all the good stuff. The store is enourmous and it even has a kind of shooting range... with electronic squirrls that fall down when you hit them, sound effects, the whole works. Its fun!
Dont miss the Buffet there, its beautiful- look up when you are in there and see the HUGE trees they sliced to use as decoration... really pretty. The food is wonderful and as buffet's go, first class, totally. The staff is excellent. My Son wanted a hamburger and that was not something they had in eye-sight, so I inquired as to if that was something that we could get and the Chef went to one of the resturaunts and got one and made it especially for him! (We tipped him $6 bucks, hey, he coulda said No)
I havent explored the whole of the place, not that its that big, but the atmosphere of the Silverton is very, very nice. Extremely clean and I like it very much. When my parents come to Las Vegas this August to visit, we will be taking them there.
Cheers!