“Very comfortable beds” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
california
“Very comfortable beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

I'm not sure about the other reviews about the employees, but everyone we had contact with were very nice and professional. We stayed for 2 nights and the room was above average, nice linens on the beds and very comfortable pillows and beds. I didn't wake up with a stiff neck. The bathroom was a tad small but I have had smaller. The mini bar was actually reasonably priced, which shocked me! We stayed on the 4th floor on the end and it was very quiet, we were even next to the ice machine. We applied for the players card and got the free buffet and used it Sunday morning. They have pretty much a full on brunch with champagne, and I thought the food was quite good and fresh. The food in Johnny Rockets and the 24 hour coffee shop was good too. The only downside was the gambling was terrible! I would stay here again but not gamble here. But to be honest the gambling wasn't very good anywhere we went. The aquarium is relaxing to watch when you want a break and you can spend hours in Outdoor World. Overall I liked it, not as crazy as the strip and better than downtown.

1 Thank beatlesfan57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

Being the "outdoorsy" people that we are, we loved the Silverton. It is connected to the Bass Pro Shop, which is a great place to not only shop, but to just meander through. The Silverton has a magnificent, floor to ceiling aquarium with a plethora of fish. There is a quaint little bar right next to it too, which makes for the most unique and soothing atmosphere. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. The whole hotel has that "lodge" feeling to it, with fishing and other outdoor activities as its theme. The pool area is beautiful and has several covered couches to relax on. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We will definitely be staying there again!

1 Thank Sleepyhollow420
Laughlin, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

The Silverton Hotel and Casino is made for those of us who go to Vegas for the sheer purpose of gambling and eating. It's okay, you can admit it. You don't have to say you go there for the shows or clubs. I love the Silverton casino as it has an abundance of the type of machines and tables that my husband and I enjoy. There are plenty of triple multi-denomination Game King machines where you can sit and play various games at your leisure. If you like Mexican food, there's a nice restaurant right inside the casino. The cocktail waitress comes by often and returns quickly with your beverage. There's a Starbucks, and Italian food eatery, Johnny Rockets (which you can order a big, delicious hamburger, take it to your room and watch TV for a break in the action). The parking log/garage is free and is close to the hotel unlike the strip hotels where one must walk quite a distance to even reach the door.

So, what are the "needs improvement" areas?
Well, they do charge a "resort fee" (this time $8.50 a night). I highly resent these fees. I'm not sure what services they provide---none in my case, as I leave housekeeping a personal tip anyway.
Secondly, there is no in-room coffee. So, you have to get dressed, go down to Starbucks, pay $$2.00 for a coffee and go back to your room. Thirdly (and this is only in some cases), don't stay on any floor except the fourth. That way, you won't have anyone stomping around at night and early in the morning. This is the first time, I have had this problem, but I won't let it happen again.
When asked if "everything was all right," when we left, we informed them that, no, it wasn't. We were given a little sympathy and some advice to request the top floor, but no monetary refund.

I wish there were the perfect hotel in Vegas, but there just isn't. So, you take the good with the bad and so far we like the Silverton the best.

4 Thank libertychief
orange county, ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

First off I was so upset with this place I could not wait to get home to write my ridiculously horrible experience. This is the first time in my life evert aking the time out of my day to write a negative review of a business.

Pros- hotel was clean, quiet, with plenty of empty slot machines to choose from.

Cons-
-long wait time at the front desk with only two employees working taking over 20 minutes.
-The blackjack dealers have no sense of humor at all. They all seem like zombies and one dealer was gossiping with another player how they are payed minimum wage and the owner is building some type of sports stadium in vegas. Totally unprofessional!
-They offer a free shuttle service that takes you to the strip but beware of the driver! We had the same driver two days in a row and cant tell you how rude she was. The shuttle bus makes designated stops but she will tell you that she can take you anywhere "if the price is right." I have worked in the industry myself and soliciting tips is unprofessional and downright offensive.

Overall the property is very nice but the employees need proper training and what to and not to say.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank badvacatopm
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

We enjoyed four days at the Silverton. The rooms were spacious and mostly nicely maintained. The hair dryer was broken in our room but when we informed the front desk they brought another one right up. The bathrooms were a little small and they unfortunatly had wall paper in them so it was peeling. The new trend for hotels is no coffee pots, refrigerators or microwaves unless you pay extra for them. I feel that if they call them luxury rooms these things should be included. They have wonderful pillow top beds with thick duvets and great pillows. I have a hard time sleeping in most hotels but these beds are fantastic. I slept like I was in my own bed.

There is a Starbucks in the casino if you want coffee or a variety of restaurants. We tried the Mexican Cantina and I was very disappointed in my meal (pork chimi - tasted rancid) and could not eat it. They were very nice about removing the cost from our bill. The chips and salsa were great and the hubby's fajita's were good. The Italian fast food was ok but not great. The food had been sitting for awhile and was tough, the marinara tasted ok but was watery. Their menu also displayed a green garden salad but it was not available to order. They" didn't serve that there". Then why was it on the menu? We loved Johnny Rockets the 50's style hamburger joint. The food was great, fresh and hot! The manager was friendly and the service was fast. We didn't get to all their restaurants or bars. There is a large variety to choose from depending on your style and tastes. I would recommed that management kick the food up a notch in the Mexican Cantina and the Italian fast food.

There is a large aqarium in the lobby that has live Mermaids several times a day. This seems to be a huge hit with all the children(and all the men) and a lot of locals come to see them.

If you are an outdoor enthusiast this hotel is really for you. There is a Pro Bass retail store of humongous proportions connected to the hotel. We are not outdoorsy people but we found ourselves shopping in the store several times during our stay. Clothes, guns and equipment, you name it they have it. An indoor gun range, archery room, waterfalls stuffed animals galore all inside a beautiful lodge style store. This lodge style hotel goes perfectly with the store.

There is ample parking and it's very easy to get to off exit 33 on I15. We have stayed on the strip before and hated the constant parking hassel. Parking here was a breeze.

I love to work out and was extremely pleased with their fitness room. It was large and clean with a nice selection of machines and weights. Towels and water were provided. There were several televion sets for viewing while working out. It was a pleasant surprise. They have a nice pool with cabanas and tables. Unfortunatly it was too cool to swim during our stay.

We truly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a nice place to stay without all the super trendy clubs and headaches. We took our day trips, which included the outlet mall which is just a couple of blocks away, and then we were able to come back , relax and enjoy our evening.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mlady37
Branchport, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

I got the Silverton on a misguided Priceline bid. Okay. It's my first trip to Vegas, how bad could it be, I thought, after reading the Tripadvisor reviews.
Well, folks, it was bad. Where do I start? The REALLY loud music everywhere, so loud I could hear it in my room. Wait, that would be the second room I had. The first one was a "Priceline " room, grimy, smoky, and right by the elevator.
Second one was a poolview king, but the music was so loud , I finally asked for another room. Since king rooms were scarce there according to the front desk, I ended up with a queen room facing a wall. I got to listen to some sort of equipment outside . No flat screen TV, the furniture is dated. "Resort" fee is 7.99 a day, and the front desk said it was for the shuttle and safe inside the room. Really? The shuttle only ran a few times a day, and I didn't use the safe. For suites, the fee is 15 a day because, as the clerk told me, the suite is like two rooms.
No free Wifi except by the lobby, where I got to see a steady stream of people checking out early. Hmm.
I ate breakfast the two mornings I stayed here and service was interesting to say the least. Since the kitchen was open, I got to listen to the employees discuss the complaints they received before their bosses came to work.
My stay was supposed to be for 6 nights, but I checked out after the second night. I wasn't going to let a bad hotel ruin my vacation. I went down the road to the Staybridge Suites and booked 4 nights there and what a difference. No smoke, no casino, excellent service, and smiling employees.
With all the hotel choices in Las Vegas , and all the deals available, there is absolutely NO reason to stay here. None.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank oldgoat1
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2010

We have stayed here many times and referred family here. Love being next to bass pro shop. This stay seemed to be another good one until we woke up and my daughter had a bed bug bite on her chin. It was the classic bite with 3 small bites in a row. We couldn't identify any other bites on us. I searched the sheets and around the bed and did not see any but from what I understand that is not unusual as I am not a professional and the carpets and bedding were very dark. We informed the front desk staff and were told there were no other reports of bed bugs at this hotel. We quarantined our bag and clothes nonetheless so we didnt spread the bugs to my mother in laws house. this has been 1 of our favorite hotels to stay in as we pass through vegas. I don't think we will be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2010