“A Good Place to Stay”

Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort
Ranked #95 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 15, 2007

In spite of several of the photos and minor criticisms I will include, in honesty I would stay here again in a heartbeat. We were fortunate enough to get a "Strip View" room (there are very few, so request early if you want one) and virtually every part of our stay was positive.

The room was clean, spacious, quiet, and well-appointed: deck/patio with table and two chairs, full kitchen, large bathroom with jetted tub, washer and dryer, iron and ironing board, fireplace (not needed as Vegas temps reached 116!), tv in the living room and bedroom, DVD player in living room, as well as a small stereo.

With the exception of one concierge who was brusque, everyone was friendly and helpful. Parking is plentiful, covered, and patrolled by a security guard

Complimentary waffles and sausages were served for breakfast Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday. The shuttle to the strip is a great service, and, not to be missed, for $2.00 per person (cheaper than if you take your own car): the guided trip to Red Rocks on an air conditioned bus, by the knowlegeable and amiable driver/guide, Norm.

The minor criticisms: A surpising number of things seemed out of order and were not dealt with during the week we stayed. In fairness, none of these bothered me, as I wasn't interested in using any of them, but it seems like these should be addressed more quickly. All not working: one excercise machine, the lobby computer for guest usage, the DVD rental machine, and the water fountain at the pool. Also, as it was windy, the pool collected a lot of leaves and other tree debris, and by afternoon, the pool surface needed cleaning. The pool is not supervised (no life guard), but it is open 24/7, which is convenient, especially on warm or hot nights. At The Orleans, by contrast, the pool closes at 8:00 pm, which seems awfully early, and that is true at many of the strip casinos also.

In all, we enjoyed staying off the strip. You are only 2 miles from NY, NY / Excalibur / MGM Grand etc., 20 minutes from Red Rocks, and less than an hour from Mt. Charleston.

Top flight? No. Perfect? No. But we liked it very well and it made our stay in Las Vegas all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cdth
There are newer reviews for Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort

Reviewed July 2, 2007

My wife and I stayed in the small side. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was soft. However, the doors dividing us from the main room made our first 2 nights difficult. When the guests came in early in the morning, we were awakened by the noise. The guests were not rude or inconsiderate. They had just come in from a night on the town in Vegas. We had to request a move to room without guests in the next room. The doors need to be sealed better. The guests in the other side were not overly loud, but you can hear everything they are saying especially if they stand next to the doors. I have stayed in other places with the dividing door and not had problems with privacy. If you are staying in both sides with family or other guests, treat it like an extra bedroom. However, if you are paying for some privacy you will be disappointed. We felt like our kids were babies again when we tried to keep our voices low all the time so the adjoining guests would not hear our conversations.

Additionally, we stayed in section 1 which I thought would have the main lobby. If you need anything you have to go to section 2 a short walk away. Not a big problem but inconvenient. There was rarely someone in section 1 that could answer any questions or handle our problems with the dividing doors.

Note to Ownership: This has the potential to be a really nice place to stay, but spend some money to improve the dividing doors. It is not a difficult fix, but will cost some investment. I would have to think long on returning with the current situation.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Married20yrs
Reviewed June 16, 2007

I was a little worried about staying here after reading reviews on other sites. We were given this room by consolidated resorts in exchange for a timeshare presentation at Tahiti Village. We arrived on saturday to a very clean and beautiful 1 bedroom unit. It has a kitchen with a full size fridge, microwave and dishwasher. The living room area has a sofa sleeper, chair, fireplace, and a dining table with 4 chairs. The unit we stayed in had a small balcony that faced the parking lot, we never went out there cause it was too hot, but other units had the balcony facing the pool. The bedroom was large and clean, the only complaint I had was that the air conditioning didn't seem to cool the bedroom very well but froze you in the living room. The bathroom was large also very clean with a jacuzzi tub and doors to enter from bedroom or hallway. They give you plenty of towels for 4 people and 4 pool towels. In the hallway is a washer and dryer that I used every night. I hate the cigarette smells from the casinos. The pool was a good size, heated, the jacuzzi was a little too hot but we were in there at 2am. The pools r 24 hours. The complex was very quiet and no one bothered us. It also has a tennis court and BBQ's but we did not use them. If you r staying for more than a couple of days I suggest you stop at the grocery store down the street and pick up some munchies, they have a shuttle to the store and casinos if you don't rent a car. If it is your first time in Vegas I suggest you rent a car, it's usually to hot and tiring to walk around. There are also plenty of Taxi's and limos but that can add up quick. I personally like downtown Vegas better that the strip

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank jenni_d
Reviewed June 14, 2007

I stayed at Club de Soleil in April 2007 for a bachelorette party. There were 5 of us girls and we had a 2 bedroom suite plus a pull-out couch, which was perfect for our needs! It was great having 2 bathrooms and the master bathroom was very large. Check-in was at 4pm, and we arrived around 2:00. We lounged at the pool in the meanwhile until our room was finally ready around 5:30. Our room had a balcony on the third floor overlooking the pool. The room was very clean and in good shape, except for the screen door to the balcony which was broken when we arrived. I can only think of 2 complaints: 1- The shower pressure was not very good, which is very frustrating for girls who have a lot of hair to wash! 2- The hot tub was filthy. I never saw anyone clean it while we were there and it was always full of bugs/leaves/etc. The water was so cloudy you couldn't see your hand more than 3 inches below the surface.

Otherwise, our stay was very nice. They claim it is a 5-star hotel, which I would have to disagree with. Though it is a great hotel, it is not to the caliber of other 5 star timeshares I have stayed at. It was overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank fittoac
Reviewed May 27, 2007

Good for families. We went with our little boy and I especially liked that the pool and the hotel overall was quiet. The rooms were nicely decorated, large and had a nice bathroom with soaking Jacuzzi tub. They have an hourly shuttle to and from the strip which is nice since they are 2 miles away from. My one complaint is there is no food at the resort nor in walking distance. They do have an early am shuttle to the grocery store which is nice considering there was a full kitchen.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank AGorthy
Reviewed April 16, 2007

Just returned from holiday,enjoyed nice week at club de saoleil.
Found accommodation very comfortable and no noise at all.
The site is a way off from the strip but found the shuttle bus
to be totaly reliable,on time from the accommodatiom, nearly
always ten minutes early away from pick up points.
my only complaint? fifty dollars stolen from my daughters purse,
accidentaly left out of the safe on a day we left very early for a day trip.
A formal report was made but notfollowed up as yet

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank willhendre
Reviewed March 2, 2007

My wife & I stayed here because of our time share Interval International. Interval had it listed as a 5star type location, however once arriving I noticed that it was awared this in 1998, Just after it was built most likely.
A very unique place indeed, I loved the fact that most of the hallways were open to the fresh air, although the carpet in the hallways was pretty worn. Nice pool area, & most of the hotel workers were very friendly.
We stayed in a lock off unit, which was probably a mistake. If available I would recommend the entire unit. We did read that on a previous review that the wall were thin, which is very true, this is why I recommend the entire unit, & not just the lock off.
The shuttles to the strip were great, even though we did rent a car. We took the shuttle to the strip if at all possible, becuase of the traffic.
The one thing that really annoyed me was the fact that as soon as we were complete checking in, we were subjected to the timeshare pitch. We were basicly signed up for the presentation even though we told them we already owned. Of course the NO OBLIGATION came up we chose that route.

Overall not a bad place, but don't let the Interval International book convince you that it is 5stars. Again I would not mind staying here again as long as we had the entire unit & not just the lock off. However, If we do return to vegas we may try for the Polo towers or something right on the strip.

Stayed: February 2007