“WORST experience ever!!!”

Ranked #89 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ottawa, Canada
“WORST experience ever!!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

When we checked in, the counter staff were prompt but quick - but we have travelled to Vegas before so it wasn't needed. Major concern we noticed was security is lax at best. A brand new tablet was stolen from our room. The safe was too small and inadequate to hold all valuable items that were brought by 4 adults (passports, etc). The smaller side had no safe at all! After filling out the required form and wasting a day for the resorts security people to do their investigation, I was advised that they could find no problems but I could bring it up with the city police. As I didn't want to waste a second day on my vacation sitting around (again) we decided to deal with the situation once we returned home. After we contacted them (again) we were advised by them that there was nothing wrong on their end and that they will not be replacing my stolen property. Before leaving after a week, we found out that there are no security cameras at all along the entire side of the condo development. We had thought that it would have been more relaxing staying off-strip but the opposite was true. No one could sleep very well after the theft and we all couldn't wait to leave. Screens are missing, window locks are inadequate, the a/c is overly noisy, ice maker was dripping into the fridge and it was more like a well worn summer cottage at the grandparents rather than a high rated condo development. We will NEVER, EVER be staying here again and STRONGLY advise anyone that for security alone, it wasn't worth any amount of money saved!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Colleen M
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are truly sorry for the disappearance of your tablet. We are aware of the situation, as a variety of our staff worked with you on this incident. With regard to your room security concerns, we recently installed state-of-the-art RFID door and perimeter locks by SALTO. These are the same locks used by SALTO on government buildings requiring the highest level of security. In reading your unit door lock, we detected no unauthorized entries into your room. Only the keys you were issued accessed the unit, a fact you acknowledged while you were here. Unfortunately, there is no evidence to support your later contention that someone used a ladder to enter your room through the balcony and take the tablet. Once again we are sorry for the loss of your property. We wish our thorough investigation had produced an acceptable explanation for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed Labor Day weekend and were very pleasantly surprised with the condo at Club de Soleil! When we arrived we were greeted by the wonderful Helen at the front desk. She checked us in quickly even though they were having problems with their computers. When we stepped into our room I was so surprised how clean and beautiful it was! Very large bedroom with a queen bed, bathroom was large with two sinks and a jetted tub. We had a balcony facing the strip and a great view! The family room and bedroom had two very large flat screen TV's. The kitchen was fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes and utensils. Salt, pepper and a couple coffee pods for the first morning. It's one of the nicest places I have stayed and I found this deal on Groupon. It was a great rate! I had stayed on the strip at the Flamingo in March and I'll never stay on the strip again. Club de Soleil was quiet and we had the entire pool and hot tub to ourselves at times. It seemed to be an older crowd or families with children and it was so peaceful there! The last night we watched and filmed a thunder and lighting storm on the strip and it was beautiful. I can not recommend Club de Soleil enough! We took advantage of the shuttle to and from the blvd. making it nice to relax and not worry and drinking and driving. Only suggestion I would have is to extend the 1:20 pickup time to each day on the week. Weekdays they picked up at 11:20 and that was a little early for Las Vegas. Also there are three shuttles that list all the properties and it was very confusing for a group of deaf people that caught the shuttle with us. They were on our bus 3 for Club de Soleil and they were staying on another property and showed their key but the driver couldn't communicate to them that they needed bus one or two even though all the properties are right next to each other. I didn't understand why he wouldn't just take them. Also another night our driver completely skipped Club de Soleil 1 even though I asked him a couple times if he was going there and if we were on the right bus. He had to make a trip back to Club 1. All and all everything else was perfect and we really enjoyed this place and will go back again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Tropicana where it is quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scorpio98665
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We are delighted you were pleasantly surprised by your stay at Club De Soleil. We are happy our staff was welcoming, and that you found our accommodations clean and beautiful. We are glad our off-Strip location was convenient and peaceful. We are thrilled with your generous compliments and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Hagerstown Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Club De Soleil. The beds and climate control were comfortable and the amenities plenty. I also appreciated how clean and secure the entire property was. I loved having a fridge and microwave and even a few dishes!

The concierge's recommendation were top notch, everything from what shows to see to restaurants.

The pool and fitness area were very nice too. Our only complaint would be that wi-fi is quite expensive in your room (lobby area is free). This didn't bother me so much because it was nice to be mostly "unplugged" for the duration of our vacation.

If you would like a small resort away from the hustle and bustle of the strip, this one is for you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank reeselizabeth
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Club De Soleil. We are glad you were pleased with our accommodations and amenities. We appreciate your compliments about our staff, along with your feedback. We hope you will consider returning soon!
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel felt like our home away from home. We booked a two bedroom connecting suite and it came with a full kitchen, washer/dryer and living room. There was also a fireplace and a balcony overlooking the pool. We had a total of 3 TV's in our room and two huge bathrooms with jet tubs. The beds were very comfortable! I would say that this place had everything we needed for the week we were there. The location is great! It is off the strip, but not too far away and it was very close by to restaurants and stores that you could actually walk there. The hotel offers a shuttle to the strip, but we didn't need it because we had a car. The staff was very friendly and the hotel had activities for our two kids ages 5&7. There are two locations of this hotel and we stayed at the 2nd one. The pool was fun! It didn't get crowded and we also were able to get the pool to ourselves for a good amount of time. We will definitely be staying at Club de Soliel on our next visit to Vegas :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Colleen E
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We are thrilled Club De Soleil felt like your home away from home. We are glad our condo-style accommodations were a convenience, and that you enjoyed the fireplace and balcony. We love knowing our guests have everything they need. We are happy our location was perfect and that our staff was friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Las Vegas!
Buhl, Idaho
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in a studio for only one night as we were traveling through Vegas. I booked the Club de Soleil from reviews and for its location. It is a lovely property... mostly timeshares I would guess, as we hardly saw a soul. The staff was very friendly, we had the pool to ourselves and it was maintained very well. The bed and linens were great and the flat screen was nice. There was a $5.00 "resort fee"... I don't know what for, but since we got to park close to our room I wasn't going to complain--- I don't care to hike half a mile in the big casinos to get my luggage and myself to a room. The only disadvantage to this property is the absence of internet service (you had to be sitting in the lobby to get on the wireless). Overall, this property is an oasis in the craziness that can be Vegas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing this complimentary review of your stay at Club de Soleil. We are glad our staff was friendly and our resort well-maintained. We are happy our condo-style accommodations were to your liking. We hope you will consider returning for an extended stay!
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed at Club de Soleil for a week July 5th-12th. I had purchased a resort certificate through my job and picked this location due to the availability for the dates I was looking at.

We arrived in Las Vegas and had a rental car during our 10 day stay. Check-in was a painless process and we received a decal for our car window to ensure parking. We stayed in Club 1 which is the main building for the Resort. We stayed in a studio with a queen size bed and mini kitchen. The kitchen came equipped with a microwave, toaster, dishes, dish washing soap and even a can opener which was a pleasant surprise. The mini refrigerator was large enough to hold all the items we needed for the week. There were ample towels and beach towels in the room.

There was free wifi and pastries and coffee in the mornings in the lobby area. The pool was clean and never too crowded and opened 24 hours. There is a complimentary room cleaning on the 3rd night of a week long stay which was nice and refreshing.

The location of the resort was very convenient to the strip and the shuttle service provided was great! I only wish that they would extend the hours on weekdays the shuttle service stopped running, especially during peak seasons of the year (like summer). It was not an issue for us since we had a rental car and if we knew we would be out past a certain time, we would plan accordingly but it could be a pain to someone who didn't.

The only reason I rate it a 4 or even a 4.5 if it was available is that I wish there was free wifi or even cheaper wifi. The service plans available were $12 a day and could only be used on 1 device. In the evening there would be a convocation of residents hanging in the lobby area using the free wifi available. Also, I am sure this is an isolated incident but one of the shuttle drivers tried to pick me up on one occasion when I was trying to use the wifi in the lobby which I found kind of uncomfortable. But the location, price, services and convenience were all acceptable and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Adinkrahene
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Club De Soleil. We are happy our condo-style accommodations were a pleasant surprise. We are glad you enjoyed the pool area, and the complimentary Wi-Fi service and breakfast available in the lobby. We are delighted our location and shuttle service to The Strip were a convenience. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation. We hope you will consider returning soon!
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I prefer to stay off the strip in Vegas when business permits and they were offering a pretty good deal so I gave them a try.
This is a timeshare property, just so you know, and I've had pretty good luck with those overall. When I arrived and got to my room I felt sure this would at least rate a 4, or better, but there are a few things that pulled it down and you should be aware of.
The facility is nice and the grounds are well maintained. It's considerably smaller in size than the pictures lead you to believe. The room was very clean and the air-conditioner worked very well. The bed was nice and firm and felt 'new'. The furnishings were of decent quality but nothing special.
With the exception of Tyler, who greeted me on my arrival and checked me in, the staff, while pleasant, are un-involved and rather ambivalent. This usually represents a combination of poor pay, supervision or training. During my stay, Las Vegas had thunderstorms. Fortunately I was on the second floor but many areas of the first floor flooded. While the rooms were clean the carpet in the halls were dirty, worn and had patches of gum and stray fibers. I watched and they were never vacuumed during my 4-day stay. The dead bugs in the lobby says a lot.
The security is uncomfortable. I recognized the need, but the feeling was more scary than safe. The gates are intimidating and you need a pass just to get to the vending machines.
Maid service is not included. I actually prefer not to have someone in my room, but some do and I never saw it mentioned.
The room was very quiet overall. There weren't a lot of guests there so that probably helped. The room door is hollow-core and when there was hall traffic, it was loud. I never heard anything from the neighbors, if I had any.
The TV service is very, very basic. A DVD player is provided and movies are available at the front desk. The bathroom- was really clean with the exception of a couple of long black hairs in the spa tub. If you are agile you might be okay, but the 90's spa tub is very high and you have to hike your leg up pretty to get in to take a shower. Pressure and water temperature were really good.
The wireless is a joke. $6.50/hour and the bandwidth was terrible, do not waste your money on this. the 'free' wireless in the lobby was so bad I couldn't retrieve emails There was no 'view', but plenty of trees outside made it pleasant.
All in all, a decent value but with the choices available to you in Las Vegas, I would keep looking.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the main building, you might get a better experience
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Russ619
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Club De Soleil. We are happy you found our resort nice and the grounds well-maintained. We are glad your room was clean and well air-conditioned. The quality of our service and the cleanliness of our resort are our utmost priorities. We will certainly be looking further into your concerns, and hope you will consider another stay. Thank you once again for sharing your comments.