“nice property, helpful, friendly staff”

Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort
Ranked #85 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Clifton, Virginia
“nice property, helpful, friendly staff”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here with a relative who traded her timeshare. The accommodations we had were very clean, well kept and nicely decorated. It was close to the strip and easy to get to. The club provided bagels with cream cheese and coffee each morning, but the full kitchen in the unit (complete with pots, pans and dishware) made it easy to whip up breakfast if you had a mind to.
The only complaint I had is the management's propensity to "ration" out the toilet paper. There was only one roll in the unit, and when we asked for more when we were running low, we were handed one roll. It's a terrible thing to be caught short if one doesn't need to be! Our request for extra washcloths was also not filled, but these are small things at best.

Having said that, the front desk staff was extremely friendly and willing to help with whatever questions we had. They were knowledgeable about the area. There was a convenient shuttle to and from stops on the strip which we used a couple of times.

All in all, I would recommend this property, the staff is friendly, the location is convenient.

One caveat for the traveler without a car- it is no more than a 15 minute ride from the airport - watch for taxi drivers who take you the "long way" around and run their fare up to $40. The fare should be in the upper teens.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank fivenewyorkers
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for visiting Club de Soleil. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are three miles west of the Strip and offer free daily shuttle service to two Strip resorts from 9 a.m. daily. Our morning wakeup, featuring coffee, tea and bagels with cream cheese, is a great way to start the day. We do not ration guest amenities. Items such as toilet paper, soap, shampoo, towels, blankets and pillows are delivered upon request or replenished during normal room cleaning service. We apologize if we did not deliver the specific items as requested or enough of them. We appreciate your honest feedback and will use it constructively to maintain the standards our owners and guests expect. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Okay, here we go and hopefully Management is reading this. I have been meaning to call them but have been too busy. My best friend and I stayed here on her RCI points. She is a Wyndham Timeshare holder and I am a Marriott Platinum member. I travel alot. She booked the second weekend in June to use her extra points and this is where they put us. First, to the person who wrote in their review that this is in a "GOOD" location, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT! I go to Vegas all the time and this location is in a horrible area over by the Orleans Hotel on the other side of the Freeway. We drove up and were promptly greeted by their security guard telling us to drive up the street to the next property to check in to THIS property. Huh? My friend who pays ALOT of money for her timeshare said NO! We traveled all day and we are going to check in here. Find someone please. He was clueless. We walked in and the front desk guy was just returning from lunch. What an attitude. Rude and had absolutely no personality. He actually got a bit snippy with us as if it was OUR problem that he was at lunch. Really? That didn't set well with my friend who was the timeshare holder at all. Tyler who was the other guy there was an absolute DOLL. He really knew how to defuse the situation and was the ultimate professional and actually should be working at a better quality location. We were told about their Internet service if that is what you want to call it. I knew something was up when the guy with the arrogant attitude handed me the information on how to log on and PROMPTLY told us if we had an issue NOT to tell them about it. To call the service directly. Basically it wasn't their problem. Well, I found that out after I paid for 4 days of service and had it for 3 hours on check in day and was told that it was down until AFTER our check out date. Nice! Back to that in a minute. The room was fine. The kitchen was well appointed. We had a one bedroom with a sofa bed in the livingroom. No blankets were provided for the sofa bed that I was going to sleep on. Just sheets. I used the bedspread off of the bed. The furniture was worn and the sofa bed was absolutely the most UNCOMFORTABLE sofa bed I have ever slept on. The springs were honestly jabbing me in the back. The bathroom shower/tub had a shower curtain NOT doors as they showed in their professional pictures. Not a big deal but water was every where. The hallways leading to the units were absolutely filthy. The walls were in desperate need of painting and the tile floors were filthy. The carpet leading to the elevator was worn and torn. I want to make it clear that I travel all the time. I mainly stay at Marriott properties and and am not saying that Marriott is any better than Hilton, Hyatt or anyone else. I just choose to stay with them because I have had a good experience over the years. I have honestly stayed at better looking and cleaner Residence Inns by Marriott than what we got at Club de Soliel. I have also stayed at Marriott Timeshares at various locations that put this place to shame. I want the readers to understand that I am not this overly picky traveler. I am not, but I expect good customer service and honestly. I do NOT appreciate being deceived in regard to their Internet service. What I went through to get a refund was unbelievable. The service has a 3'd party tech team that handles the problems. I had to make two phone calls because the first guy didn't follow through with the refund. The second guy was awesome. We talked for quite a while and I told him that I have NEVER had an issue with the Internet service at the Marriott and it is FREE. He agreed. He basically said the service that Club de Soliel provides is crap and the number of emails requesting refunds were over whelming and my particular room had several request in the que for refunds. Bottom line I don't like being deceived!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank willis2005
, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Club de Soleil is located three miles west of the Las Vegas Strip, a fact we advertise on our website and other travel sites. Owners and guests enjoy the convenience of our location, the complimentary shuttle service to enjoy the action on the Strip, and the comfort and privacy of being away from the hustle and bustle of the resort corridor. They also enjoy the relaxing outdoor pools and spas as well as our barbecue areas, which are available 24 hours a day. Most hotels close after dark.

Our company has plans to install a new and improved system to provide internet service for all guest rooms and lobby areas. We have an ongoing PM (Preventive Maintenance) program for all guest rooms, and future renovation programs will resolve current issues you noted. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. We continually strive to make improvements in our physical property, as well as the service standards that we provide for our owners and guests. Therefore, this feedback is valuable and appreciated.

We can be assure you we will take appropriate follow-up action, but would remind you to make management aware of issues and concerns while you are at the resort. That is the only way we have an opportunity to resolve difficulties to your satisfaction. We hope to have a future opportunity to restore your faith in Club de Soleil.
Golden, CO
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed a week the beginning of May, 2012 at Club de Soleil in Las Vegas. All in all it was an excellent experience. We arrived by 2 and were immediately checked in. We were in building 3, top floor almost on the end. We had a 2 bedroom – one being a studio lock off. Our door overlooked the tennis court and our rooms overlooked part of the strip – 3 miles away and some distant mountains. The room was clean but needed painting and new furniture. We were close to Tropicana Drive so the road noise was constant, but we got used to it and really didn’t hear it unless we were outside. The master bedroom was quite large with a double sink, tub, and shower in the bathroom. The living room was small but sufficient. The kitchen was a decent size and well stocked. It was nice having the other studio bedroom so we each had a bathroom and were able to keep beer stocked in the mini fridge. The pool was small with a hot tub. There were plenty of chairs and tables with or without shade. It was very comfortable. We played tennis at the one court several times. We had our own racquets and balls – the resort doesn’t provide any. The bagels and coffee were promptly set out at 8 and replenished until 10. I’ve never been to a time share where they provide any sort of breakfast, so this was a very nice treat. Oh, we had to contact maintenance twice and the problems were resolved quickly and professionally.
We walked to a Smith’s grocery store about 10 minutes away. It’s a Kroger, reasonably priced and well stocked. Across the street also on Tropicana are Albertsons and Fresh and Easy grocery stores.
We took the free shuttle into the Strip one morning to walk around. Make sure you pay attention to the shuttle number and times of pick up from the casinos. We didn’t think about the shuttles’ numbers, so when trying to get back to the resort we ended up on the one returning to Tahiti Village. Fortunately, we figured it out at the Mirage Casino, so we waited there for the correct shuttle that would take us back to the Soleil. It was over an hour, but we played for a bit and waited inside. Live and learn.
I have only 2 suggestions for the resort. As mentioned in many reviews, Internet service in the lobby was sketchy to non existent. You may get connected and then right in the middle of your work; you’d get kicked off. Extremely frustrating and for a resort of this caliber, it should have consistent service. The other was that the units were non smoking but the balconies weren’t, so if you were outside to enjoy the weather you would be over come by second hand smoke. My suggestion for this would be to create a ‘smoking’ only building where people can’t smoke in units but it’s okay on their balconies.
There is a small workout area, but I prefer to run outside. I found a great bike/ pedestrian path just up Linden. Go past the traffic light and keep going for a few more blocks. On your left is a short section of the Tropicana/ Flamingo Wash Trail. Go across Linden to your right and the path will take you forever. The nice part is it’s fairly flat and away from busy roads.
We enjoyed our stay and would be happy to return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank lmom12
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for visiting Club de Soleil. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your informative review. We welcome your suggestions regarding internet and smoking. There is a plan in the near future to install a new Wi-Fi service throughout the resort, including guest rooms. We think this will greatly improve your online experience.

Along with the recent Club 1 renovation we converted every room to non-smoking. Heavy cleaning fees are charged for violations. At Club 2 most rooms are non-smoking, and there is a “smoking tent” in the parking area. While most smokers have become more considerate of smoking policies (and we think there has been a definite decrease in smoking overall), it is still a challenge to monitor and enforce our policy in guest rooms and on balconies. We continue to do whatever is possible to provide for the safety and comfort of all our guests, asking smokers to use only outside public spaces.

Thank you for your bike path tip. For those of you who would like to experience it upon your arrival, please note: the street name is Lindell.
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Time share trade, did not disappoint. This is not an all inclusive hotel and if that is what you are looking for, you won't find it here. We were very satisfied with the location, the hotel was very accommodating with transportation daily to several stops and even offered day excursions at a very reasonable cost. In fact, they took us to the grocery store. Be kind and tip the drivers! They deserve it. The staff was excellent and even called us after we were home to inform us that my husband had left his charger for his phone there, they then mailed it to us at their expense. I would absolutely stay here again if traveling to Las Vegas.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sumonesvaca
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for visiting Club de Soleil. We are a timeshare resort that rents rooms to retail guests three miles west of the Strip. Hotel-like in function, and in some respects practice, we do not offer daily housekeeping service or maintain an onsite restaurant. We serve a daily continental breakfast and provide a midweek cleaning on stays of one week or longer. More frequent housekeeping services are provided on request. We are within easy walking distance of several dining options and offer a shuttle service that makes excursions to the Strip once an hour and to the grocery store three mornings a week. Cordial customer service is our number one priority. It was our pleasure to mail your husband his charger. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing your comments. We hope you will consider us again on your next visit to Las Vegas.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The property is just a few miles away from the strip but well worth the money! Just purchased our timeshare with Club de Soleil and used it for the first time last week. Here is how I felt about the stay:

The rooms were clean, the grounds were nice, the managers were amazing, and the whole place was quiet. The pool/hot tub were amazing after a long day of walking around. I would tell my "hard to please" grandmother to stay here and I know she would have a blast with NO complaints.

Close to everything!!!

LOVED IT!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank johnathan f
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for your purchase, Johnathan. We hope you have many years of gratifying vacation ownership with Club de Soleil. Recommending us to your hard-to-please grandmother means we must be doing something right. We are happy our spacious suites, well-maintained grounds and customer service justified your buying decision. We appreciate your ownership and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
lees summit mo
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We throughly enjoyed our stay for a week. Everyone was so pleasant and nice. Our 2 bd rm was over the top with amenities. We took advantage of everything that was offered.
The mini golf course, pool, continental breakfast, exercise room, the shuttle, and the kitchen. It was our home away from home for a week.
We stayed in building 2 after reading the reviews. So I'd give it 5 ****

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor. We read the reviews and made that choice. I don't discount anyones...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank brnsgr1956
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for visiting Club de Soleil. We were as sorry to see you go as you were to leave! Our deluxe two-bedroom suite has all the amenities of home, including a full kitchen, washer-dryer and separate bedroom. We’re glad you found the accommodations and amenities to your liking, and thank you for sharing your comments. We hope you will consider again on your next visit to Las Vegas.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We were looking for an alternative from the Strip an found this place on the web. We even had a friend in Vegas check it out for us. He informed us that the front desk was friendly and the place nice, so we booked it....what a mistake. The biggest issue was the noise. The room was acceptable but the walls paper thin. Unfortunately, the room across from us and the room next door had noisy guests...one room partied all night and the other had a family fight that spilled into the hallway. That can happen but when you also hear the alarm clock ringing through the walls, and the TV also coming through the walls it becomes an impossible situation. In addition, the check-in pricess was so antiquated that I waited over 15 minutes while the desk clerk more or less manually checked in the guest before me. There was no indication that this was going to happen and the clerk did not even once acknowledge my presence. The next morning I tried the Internet in the common area/lobby which did not work. The desk clerks (there were two) said it was a known problem and that management wasn't concerned. They also informed me that the room Internet would be no better and suggested that I use the free Interent in a nearby Starbucks or McDonald's. They were honest and friendly. Lastly, the hotel offered bagels and coffee in the morning. This is what I call a "why bother" breakfast. The bagels were tossed onto a tray from a plastic bag and the coffee not worth it. We had originally booked four days but left after two. The cost for the first two days was $87 without taxes and the two days we cancelled were $113 without taxes. We found an excellent room in the Rio for $50 which was quiet and clean. Sadly, this place did not live up to expectations and was a big disappointment.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Fredband
drenzi, Manager at Club de Soleil All-Suite Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid remarks during our telephone conversation earlier today. Once again, please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. Our three-story resort does not have the same type of steel girders and sound-absorbing insulation that may be found in modern high-rise buildings. Most suites have the optional lock-off, or connecting bedroom. Conversely, the simplicity and accessibility of our low-rise structure is one of the favorite features among our timeshare owners and guests.

As with any lodging facility with enthusiastic guests on vacation, there will be various levels of noise throughout the day. We strictly enforce a quiet hours period from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. daily for the comfort of all guests.

We are always concerned about the satisfaction of our owners and guests. We are in the process of making Wi-Fi improvements in the common areas as well as the guest rooms. Last year we completed room renovations at Club I and are continuing with room enhancements at Club II, including new carpeting and 42-inch TV sets in all rooms. There are also building and landscaping projects in progress throughout the property. We continually strive to enhance the vacation experience of all owners and guests.

We do not serve a breakfast at Club de Soleil. We do offer a complimentary “Morning Wakeup” consisting of coffee, tea and bagels with cream cheese. Most guests appreciate the “quick starter” in the morning before they explore the multitude of activities in fabulous Las Vegas.

Once again we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. We hope to have an opportunity to restore your faith in Club de Soleil in the future. Thank you for your valuable feedback.