“Best Chinese Restaurant in Las Vegas”

Kung Fu Thai & Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #542 of 5,317 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Paradise
Description: A restaurant in Las Vegas cooking Quality, authentic Thai cuisine & Chinese food. An Eating Place where you can dine in, Pick up your meal for takeout, have your supper delivered, We’ll even cater your next event, with our in house catering service. This diner is open for your convenience every day, for lunch and dinner. The Eatery is located just West of the Wynn Resort on the Vegas Strip. Our Oriental staff will make an exotic cocktail, serve up iced cold beer, or wines to enhance your dining pleasure. So Click, Call, and come by, for a fabulous Asian dining experience in Las Vegas.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My family and I have been a customers of Kung Fu Thai & Chinese Restaurant for over 30 years and feel this is the best Chinese restaurant in Las Vegas. Our first experience was in the early 80s when they were located inside the Plaza Hotel & Casino. They have since moved to Chinatown, Which is a few blocks west of the Strip on Valley View and Spring Mt. Kung Fu has been a local favorite in Las Vegas since 1973, and is the most recognized authentic Asian Restaurant in the valley here. It was exciting to see they received the "TripAdvisor Award of Excellence" for their great service to our community. I 100% highly recommend trying Kung Fu Thai & Chinese Restaurant!

7  Thank James H

Reviewed October 11, 2013

First off this restaurant says they cook their food fresh....so tell me how 15 minutes after ordering my food arrives. We ordered cashew chicken, and orange chicken. It was bland, over cooked, swimming in oil and just flavorless. When calling the restaurant to complain about the food the manager told us to order something different next time.....I shouldn't have to order something different your food should be cooked better. When asking for our money back he said that since it was delivery he couldn't do anything, even if we brought it back in to him. He also told us there was no way we could get a hold of the owner. This food is not cooked fresh, it is BLAND and the customer service is HORRIBLE! I would recommend going to a different Chinese where they actually care about the food they cook and their customers.

1  Thank Mystic S
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've come to realize now, that reviews don't mean [--]; so no longer am I reading reviews before I place an order. Because all the positive words don't reflect anything if the food ain't good! Just bcuz someone else had a positive encounter doesn't mean you're going to have the same and I have realized that I am just going to order with whoever I choose, because it's a gamble either way. I read the reviews first and the food was still garbage. $27.00 down the drain, cause I literally threw away both entrees, the combination fried rice( the rice had absolutely no flavor and the meat was regurgitating), and the combination platter(appetizers),. the shrimp, egg rolls, and the potstickers and thai chicken were absolutely horrifying. I couldn't digest nothing of the entire order. Never again will I waste my money, I cannot believe Las Vegas and the hype about everything being the best and the food here has been GARBAGE

1  Thank chantay12
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Living in the NY metro area, I have access to a wide range of Chinese and Asian style food. We go for dim sum in NYC on a regular basis.

But once again, I leave those expectations home.

I ordered some sort of chicken dish (unmemorable), the child ordered sweet and sour chicken. The spouse ordered the pad thai.

His pad thai was pretty good. Mine and the child's were pretty much the same dish but with different sauces.

It was cheap, decent food food - but I wouldn't drive out of my way to eat here. It deep fried, oily chicken nuggets. We were tired and just wanted to eat something without spending a fortune in LV proper.

The food came very quick - as the other posters mentioned. It was hot. It just was average.

1  Thank JoyYagid
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We decided around 4pm on a Thursday night that we wanted to have Thai for our last dinner in Las Vegas. A simple Internet search of the top Thai places in Vegas yielded the expected answers (!) which of course weren't able to accommodate our last minute request with a reservation. So we asked our concierge where we could get Thai off strip and they recommended Kung Fu. I called and got a 7pm reservation for 4 people instantly and we were set. Restaurant is very easy to find and within a mile of the north end of the strip.

Atmosphere and decor of the restaurant weren't terribly impressive. A combination of darker bar area and a brighter family style round tables. Even though we were an adult party of four, they seated us at a large round brightly lit table right by the door which wasn't very cozy. In my experience, Thai food is usually served fast and service is even faster, but that wasn't really the case at Kung Fu.

We reviewed the menu and placed our order within first 10 minutes. Angus beef appetizer satays took about 20 minutes and our entrees about 10-15 minutes beyond that. Restaurant business was brisk, but not packed. The number of servers/staff seemed low for the volume of tables though. Please don't get me wrong: an hour is not at all unreasonable for dinner service, however, it is not what I am used to for Thai and the atmosphere of the restaurant was not really conducive for leisurely dining IMHO.

That established, the food was amazing. We ordered the beef appetizers and the peanut sauce was incredible. Three orders of pad thai with chicken and/or jumbo shrimp and one shrimp pa-nang curry. All dishes were hot, fresh and well prepared. All four of us were very pleased with our choices.

Ladies' bathroom was newly remodeled and spotless. Hopefully some of that decor will eventually carry over into dining room!

Clientele seemed to be locals, regulars and some tourists like us as well.

In sum: we were very pleased with this choice for Thai food offstrip in Las Vegas. We would absolutely recommend Kung Fu based on our experience and will likely visit them again on future visits.

5  Thank cindywait