“Good Thai (and Great for Hotel Delivery)!”

Kung Fu Thai & Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #550 of 5,317 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Paradise
Description: A restaurant in Las Vegas cooking Quality, authentic Thai cuisine & Chinese food. An Eating Place where you can dine in, Pick up your meal for takeout, have your supper delivered, We’ll even cater your next event, with our in house catering service. This diner is open for your convenience every day, for lunch and dinner. The Eatery is located just West of the Wynn Resort on the Vegas Strip. Our Oriental staff will make an exotic cocktail, serve up iced cold beer, or wines to enhance your dining pleasure. So Click, Call, and come by, for a fabulous Asian dining experience in Las Vegas.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

While packing at the Hampton Inn (Tropicana) for a flight the next morning, our choices were limited because we didn't want to take time for dinner but didn't want to walk through the somewhat seedy area near the hotel just to eat at Jack in the Box.

We looked at the hotel directory, including delivery menus and saw most things got horrible reviews, but when we turned the page and found Kung Fu, we knew where we were ordering.

I got the Chopped Chicken with chili and mint. The chicken is leg meat (i.e., dark meat) and very flavorful with the mint and the spiciness coming through. The spiciness was prevalent but not inordinate. This was the best dish and would merit a 5. We also got Vegetable Fried Rice with Egg. This was well done and had more flavors in the vegetables than I expected. A solid 4. My wife got the Hon Sui Tofu, which was disappointing. The tofu was drenched and soggy, and some of the pork was pretty chewy. A 2 or 3 at best.

I'll also mention that we live in an area with a few exceptional Thai and Cantonese restaurants, so I may be a hard grader when it comes to these foods. Still, if I had a craving for Thai food in Las Vegas, I wouldn't hesitate to try Kung Fu again, either in person or through room delivery. I should mention that although we were told the food would take around an hour to deliver, it came around 40 minutes after we placed our call, which was really exceptional.

1  Thank TornCalfGuy

Reviewed March 31, 2013

When I visit Vegas this is one of my must go to places. The wonton soup and Mongolian beef is very good, the chopped beef chili and mint was incredible. The menu is huge and contains a Chinese and Thai section. Servings are large and prices are decent. The menu and prices can be viewed online. It is an older restaurant located in Chinatown on the corner of Valley View and Spring Mountain. They are located about 5 minutes from the strip and offer hotel delivery. Their hours are11a-11p. I like that the servers ask on a scale of 1-10 how spicy you would like your food. They have a bar area. They serve Angus Beef in their dishes and you can taste the difference in the quality. Even though it sits on the Valley View street side, I would park on the Spring Mtn side and just walk around the corner of the shopping center to get to it. If your looking for a casual relaxed atmosphere with great food and decent prices, this is your place.

1  Thank Traveler J
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Although a quick 5 minute drive west of the strip you might as well be in another country. The restaurant occupies the corner unit of a strip mall which apparently abuts the edge of Las Vegas's "China Town". This is one of the few places that looks better from the outside than it does once you're in the door - but don't despair, the food more than makes up for any shortcomings in the atmosphere.

The interior is, well, a basically rectangular room with old tables, old chairs and not much of anything else. If you're wearing more than shorts/jeans and t-shirt you're over dressed. The restaurant serves as much Thai food as Chinese so take that into account.

We started with pot stickers which were excellent - done Thai style. My brother had a chicken curry dish and we both like spicy food. We were told the basic spice level was a 3-5 (on a 10 point scale) and that additional sauce which was 'very hot' would be provided. In fact, there was delicious flavour but we would have given the basic dish a rating of 1 ie completely non-spicy and we liberally used the additional hot sauce to bring it up to where we like it.
I wanted shrimp and the waiter suggested a thai garlic/salt/pepper dish that was simply superior! The shrimp were cooked and seasoned to perfection and the price was excellent. I'd return here if only to eat this dish again - really, really good.

So in the end the food was great, the service was friendly and great, but the interior keeps it at a 4/5 stars. Highly recommended for those going casual, want great food at great prices and have access to a car - and aren't afraid to leave overpriced strip hotel restaurants for a meal!

3  Thank SanDiegoDoc
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I ate here several years ago and thought it was very good. Returned to eat here today. There was four of us, so we ordered a chicken, shrimp, beef and pork dish along with several different starters. Everything was well prepared and extremely tasty. Prices were very fair. Four good eaters could not consume all that was served. Can not wait to return for another meal.

3  Thank Chipperhigh2
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Food is tasty but they need a new dishwasher. Bring your own utensils and cups for an optimal experience.