“Great, divey place to work on your next hangover!”
Review of Mermaid's Casino

Mermaid's Casino
Ranked #102 of 468 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I love the Mermaids.... they have "old style" coin operated slots, serve you wayyyy too many drinks, the floors are sticky, there are questionable things going on in the bathrooms. Can't say I've had some of the yummy looking fried foods they serve cause I got way too drunk when I was there. Looking forward to going back in a couple of weeks! See you soon Mermaids!

Jon S, Public Relations Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Happy to hear that you love Mermaids! We look forward to seeing you soon.

All reviews
in 115 reviews
"gambling"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ever since I saw an episode of Anthony Bourdain eating a deep fried Twinkie on his show some years back, I knew I had to have one if we ever went to Fremont. This was a Las Vegas birthday trip for me and our first trip to the Fremont Street Experience. I was on a mission to find Mermaid's and we came across it when some wonderful friendly girls gave us some mardi gras beads and tickets for a drawing that they have every hour.

The casino is small but so darn cute. We went to the back to put our tickets in for the drawing and then I happily got in line to get my twinkie. I was like a little kid, I was beside myself so happy to get this 99 cent deep fried twinkie. I was nice enough to ask my husband if he wanted a bite but he didn't, more for me I thought. That twinkie was the highlight of my birthday trip, it was so good.

We waited around for the drawing and played some slots and guess what?? They called my number, .....happy,happy,happy!!!! I only won $2.00 but who cares, they called my number.

If you are looking for a festive, adorable, little place to just act like a kid, this is it.

Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you so much for the review. Your Twinkie-eating photo made me smile! Glad that you left a winner.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We always stop in Mermaids when we go downtown. Had to get a deep friend golden creme filled cake. The twinkies hadn't made it back to Las Vegas yet! These are so rich I couldn't eat it all. Can't go wrong with the price though!

Jon S, Public Relations Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you so much for the review!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We took the city bus to visit the downtown area. This was my first visit to Las Vegas in over 20 years and my first visit to downtown ever. Their $1.25 Nathan hotdogs is what lured us into this place as we only wanted a quick bite to hold us until dinner. Of course, after we ate we decided to play some slots. We initially intended only to spend a few minutes there, but no sooner we sat down, a cocktail waitress arrived and we ended up spending a few hours. We really had a blast. I loved the old school "cash slots" as did my daughter as she had never seen slots that paid out in coins before. Every staff encountered was beyond friendly and the servers were on top of their game, never having to wait for a refill. While we did not win, the slots were loose enough that it allowed us to have an incredible couple of hours. However, because of the experience, we felt as if we walked away winners, which is really all that matters. So if you want to walk away a winner, or at least feeling like one - I highly suggest you visit this little gem.

1  Thank Lisa C
Jon S, Public Relations Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Lisa,
We are so glad that you had a great time here. Thank you for the kind review. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Vegas!
--Jon