“Freaky fun”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Freaky fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had so much fun here. You can still drink for free while you gamble which you don't see any more. The cocktail waitress was nice and bought us fun shots. The music was great. They have lots of greasy fried junk food but they stopped serving the fried oreos at 11pm which was when I was drunk enough to want to try them. Thid place is old and not very clean but super fun.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank ashpyle
Jon S, Public Relations Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear ashpyle,

We are happy to hear you were pleased with our casino. We have no projects coming down the pike and hope to improve the appearance of the business. Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention, cleanliness is very important to us! Come visit us again!

San Antonio, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was an experience we tried the Fried Twinkies they were very sweet and crispy. The cocktails Girls are always around to bring us drinks and we did have a lot of fun playing the slots. We had a great time.

1 Thank DEG2013
Dear DEG2013

Thanks for your review. We love that you enjoyed the casino and the experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Upland, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Lets start off with one thing, if you are into fancy places this isn't for you. The place isn't the nicest looking, nor the cleanest. However, that being said if you like strong drinks for cheap and carnival food for one dollar; you'll find your self at home. The snack bar has the best deep fried Twinkies and Oreo's I've ever had. White castle and Nathans hot dogs. The girls that work the food counter are really funny and nice. The slots are super loose, just remember that they only pay out in nickles. I would recommend this place to any friend that is not uptight.

3 Thank ernestoc33
Dear ernestoc33

Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My mom and I hadn't been in Mermaids so decided to stop in. We ordered slush drinks from a VERY nice female bartender, but I had to discard mine (it was $20 and was second to smallest size they had, shaped like a football) because it made my mouth numb. I thought it was just the straw that affected my tongue, but after an hour I realized it was the drink itself and tossed it.

We sat at slots and didn't notice the trays to collect coins, so of course were amused but shocked when we cashed out and had $32 in coins to collect. I personally like to bounce around machines a lot and this old cash-out feature made it difficult to move around. I went in the back to cash out the nickels and get paper money and the cashier was eating poutine with her bare hands, grabbed my nickels and handed me money, all the while not worrying about all the germs she was ingesting. I found this funny for some reason.

I went back to my mom and told her that if she wins over $50 then she will be able to cash out paper money. So she got her balance to $50 and hit "cash out" and she had to wait for a hand-pay! An attendant came up immediately and congratulated her (no joke) and put jackpot beads around her neck while she waited for her cash. It was such a crazy process but it was amusing. As soon as she got her $50 "jackpot" from the attendant, we bolted :)

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 9999jm
Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Yay for junk food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were snagged in by the fried oreos and the corn dogs. Very happy about all of it. Also the yard long drinks and the refills at $8 you couldn't get a better deal.

1 Thank sersi72