“exceptional service...this place makes you wanna stay downtown more often!”
Review of Mermaid's Casino

Mermaid's Casino
Ranked #126 of 456 things to do in Las Vegas
Oak Lawn, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“exceptional service...this place makes you wanna stay downtown more often!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

very friendly staff..the girls are top notch personality and pretty to boot :) ...on the ball with service and drinks! you don't have to wait and wait as you play. some machines still have the old in and out quarter method which is really cool. i had the food from the grill and loved it! terrific value and it really was all yummy fast food. try the chocolate covered banana with nuts its a real treat for 99 cents! the music is good, its lively they have drawings and the attitudes of the staff make this place so unpretentiously awesome! i love it!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank jaliscobb
Jon S, Public Relations Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear jaliscobb,

Thank you for your review. We will let the staff know how much you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“No pretenses, just FUN!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Small casino on Freemont Street. Uses coins still, took some getting used to but, everyone helps to show you the ropes and hearing the coins dropping out of the machine when you won was fun.They have a drawing to win money so keep a look out for the tickets and beads being handed out in front. Great cocktail service. Super friendly and laid back. Remembered us when we came back. Very personable. Out of all the strip hotels and downtown action, we had our most fun here. Even the concession people were awesome. My very first fried twinkie was delicious. We can't wait to go back!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank BettyFire
Dear BettyFire,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Mermaids. We will let the staff know how much you appreciated them. We hope to see you again soon.

coco1
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“good for everybody...”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Been in town for 9 days,and i spent all at Mermaids!Nice people,friendly,and good drinks,and good .....servers,especially girls....especially...Gabriella,which.shes sweet,dont get her tip upfront and when u tip her,she thanks u for 3 minutes,and...suprising,when i left she did not take another $5 !PS:i loved her accent!back in 2 monts!Dan Donosky

2 Thank coco1Coco1
Jon S, General Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear coco1Coco1,

Thank you for the review. We hope to see you again soon. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do before your next visit.

Thanks,
Elkhart, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Thanks for another great time on Fremont Street!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have reviewed Mermaid's before and given it high marks but I wanted to take time to give another review since I was just out in Vegas last week and visited Mermaid's several times. I really don't need a reason to go to Mermaid's when I am on Fremont Street since I love the atmosphere at Mermaid's (and LaBayou). I make it a destination on every trip. On this past trip, I had an experience that I wanted to share with everyone so all readers make this little casino a destination when they are on Fremont Street. My girlfriend and I were in Vegas from 9/8-9/15, we actually went to Fremont Street the day we arrived so I could go get a football full of Brain Freeze, my favorite drink that Mermaid's serves. We gambled a bit and got great cocktail service while we did so. We went back a couple times during the week to get refills and spend a little more time in the casino. On our last night, 9/14, we were back at Mermaid's and we were both gambling a little bit. I got a text from my girlfriend to say that she had to have someone come fill her machine with nickles as it ran out as she cashed out. Just a few minutes later, I cashed out on my machine and it ended up running out of nickels. Well, security and Fred Giannetto the Casino Shift Manager came by to take care of getting the machine filled. I mentioned to him that we were keeping him busy since my girlfriend's machine just needed attention as well. He said that that is what they are here for and that we are his guests while we are here. Since I was standing there, holding a football 1/2 full of Brain Freeze, I told him that I loved Mermaid's and that I always made sure I visited as often as possible while in Vegas. He thanked me and asked if I had tried any of their food at the snack bar. I said that I hadn't yet that week but a deep fried Twinkie was on the agenda since it was my last night in town. He said that I would have a Twinkie, handed me his card and said that when I was ready for something from the snack bar, to let a cocktail waitress know and he would take care of it. We chatted a but more as the machine got filled and then I finished cashing out. I then went to find my girlfriend and told her about everything. She had never tried a deep fried Twinkie, so after she was done gambling we decided to take Fred up on his offer of a Twinkie. We flagged down a cocktail waitress and she went and got Fred and he came over to talk to us again. I said that I we would like a Twinkie. He then asked if we had ever tried the deep fried Oreos. I said that I had and my girlfriend said she hadn't so he said he'd get us some of those as well. He asked if we wanted anything else! He offered up some of their sliders! We had eaten earlier so said thanks for the offer but the Twinkies and Oreos would be fine! He went off to the snack bar and he came back a short time later with our snacks. It was GREAT customer service! I really, really appreciated being treated that way. Fred went out of his way to make our experience incredible so I want to go out of my way to express my thanks and appreciation. And to let everyone who reads this review that Mermaid's and their sister casino LaBayou are great little casinos to visit. Great cocktail service, great atmosphere and a great place to go spend a little time to gamble a few bucks. Maybe you'll win a little or maybe you'll lose a little, but I guarantee that you will have a great time at these casinos! I will be back again and again when I visit Vegas in 2013!

2 Thank edog1308
Dear edog1308,

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to your return next year! Please let us know if there is anything that we can help with before your next visit.

Henderson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a great time!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We are locals and spent an evening on Freemont Street September 7th . Have always wanted to try the deep fried oreos and twinkies. My wife and I were not disappointed. The food staff was hilarious, the customer service was excellent.
We stayed and gambled a bit and of course, had some drinks. The bartenders were the highlight of our evening. Marsha was fantastic made excellent drinks for my wife and I. The other female bartender was excellent too, just can't remember her name.
Was a great time and will head back there soon.
Mike

2 Thank Mike W
Jon S, Public Relations Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Mike W,

Thank you for your review. We will let the staff know how you enjoyed the service. We hope to see you again soon since you live so close!