“Great Time! Wonderful Service!”
Review of Mermaid's Casino

Mermaid's Casino
Ranked #134 of 462 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Me and my sister spent seven days at The Golden Nugget the week of Sept. 16th and had a great time. Our favorite place on Fremont Street was Mermaids Casino. When you walk in your greeted with beads and a smile. Gabrielle got to know us and we went back every day because we were treated like family when we walked in the door. Gabrielle was a wonderful casino hostess and deserves a lot of credit (and a raise) We will be back next year and hopefully she will be there to greet us with a smile and a drink- which she always had readily available. Keep up the good work!! Can't wait to go back !

GGG_Updates, General Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2011

Thank you so much for your review. We will continue to provide the best service that we can. See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Mermaid's Casino

Reviewed September 19, 2011

My friend and I went to Mermaids hoping to get a few free drinks since the cocktail waitresses are incredibly efficient. I was up about $20 on the slots (all in actual quarters!) when I decided to play one last $5 while I waited for my drink to arrive. With $1.25 left in the machine I won a hand pay of $451. It was quite an experience. The staff was really nice and kept offering to bring me more drinks and shots. The atmosphere at Mermaids was a lot of fun, and the win made my "low rolling" weekend so much more fun. We came back the next day for a couple hot dogs and I would definitely stop in the next time I'm downtown.

2  Thank FiveIron4Life
GGG_Updates, General Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Congrats on the win! Glad that you had a great time while you were at the casino. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

On our most recent trip to Las Vegas my husband and I decided to take the very fast SDX Express Bus to visit Fremont Street. We had not been downtown in 9 years. As we strolled in and out of the casinos I noticed that Mermaids Casino was still there. The last time I played their nickle slots I won actual MONEY not a ticket like all other casino machines spout. Imagine our surprise when my husband cashed out of a penny slot and wound up with 6 tubs of nickles! This to my knowledge is the only casino on the Strip or Fremont Street that still pays in *real cash*. It was fun for me to actually cash out some quarters and then reissue them to the slot. The place is small so the 'drink gals' (one was a very sweet Asian lady ) are around about every 5 minutes. My husband even had a 99 cent hotdog which he said was quite tastey (David Berg). So if you want that old fashioned feel of winning real coins, some free Mardi Gras beads, flowing beverages and good hotdogs, pop into Mermaids Casino. It's fun and nostalgic . Plink Plink!

2  Thank Babcia22
GGG_Updates, General Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thank you for the review. We hope that you come back to visit us again soon and we will make sure to keep the real coins in!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Everything in the place just seemed a bit old and sticky and a little smelly too, lol. Didn't win a thing, fiance and I, on the slots, just ate our money. If the people who worked there weren't so nice, I'd rate it lower. We weren't drinking but were asked a few times if we'd like a drink though. People in the place all seemed pretty wasted, screaming about winning 25 cents, etc. Had to stop in because we always do but left after 20 minutes, no wins, and desperately wanting to wash our hands.

GGG_Updates, General Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2011

Thank you for your review. We will talk to the staff about keeping the tables and surfaces clean.
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Mermaids is tucked away in a small corner on Fremont Street, with garish neon, theme dressed hostesses, Mardi Gras beads, plenty of drinks and cheap slots. You won't find tables, poker, spin-the-wheel, etc. You'll find slots, and then some more slots. My wife and I visit Mermaids every time we go to Vegas. It is definitely not a five star casino, and you won't find pit bosses, high rollers, $5000 dollar wardrobes and concierges. You'll find loud, boisterous music, people, and probably some aliens from another world. This place is a hoot. You'll get a free drawing for a jackpot giveaway every half hour. If you get only one ticket, you're probably not breathing. We have several pounds of beads we've accrued over the years. At holiday times, this place is great. Nothing fancy. Nothing get's close to fancy. Latch on to some deep fried sugar at the snack bar. It comes in a wide variety, df twinkies, df oreos, df just about anything sweet and over 2000 calories. It's a must see on Fremont Street. If you don't remember old Vegas, don't go there. If you just gotta have all the comps, service, swank, glitz and pretentiousness of Bellagio, Encore, City Center, stay away.

3  Thank chafraho
GGG_Updates, General Manager at Mermaid's Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank you for the review. We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.