“Gourmet food at a bargain price”
Review of Carmel Room - CLOSED

Carmel Room
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Summerlin
Cross street: Summerlin Parkway
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We earned comps there by playing in the Rampart Casino. The room is small, but on our first visit, the delightful maitre'd was able to seat us. Our waiter was very old-school and helpful. We shared a delicious rib-eye steak, a bowl of fabulous onion soup and a souffle for dessert - each was excellent and beautifully served. We liked it so much that we went there a second night (also on a comp) and treated a friend to a lobster tail dinner. Unfortunately, the rib-eye wasn't as good on the second night, and there were some problems with the service (there was different waitstaff the second night). Still, the food was as good as in any of the fancy joints on the Strip and much less expensive, the comps notwithstanding. We will look forward to returning.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The prices were WAYYYYY up there but the service and quality were acceptable for that price range unlike Flemings right down the street which disappointed. Best for romantic dinner based on ambience. For family, go to buffet or the less pricey restaurants.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

While the food we received was very good, we had serious problems with the service. And while the manager offered to make good on our issues, in a later phone call, we did not receive any real compensation. Sorry, but I can't recommend it.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Tariq and Bashir are the best!! After a long day at the spa. I arrived at dinner promptly at 6p and somewhat exhausted. The team on the waitstaff treated me with "KID Gloves". I dined on the Escargot, warm spinach salad paired with J. Lohr Cabernet. Only Osso Bucco could top off this meal.

It was delightful and while i could not finish it all and left with out taking my leftover food, wine and pellegrino with out requesting additional service it was wait in my room when I returned for the evening.

That is what I call service!!

1  Thank dMoniqueRenee
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This restaurant has improved immensely over the past year (new chef, etc.). Our family of 8 each walked away two times this month saying "that was delicious!" From the appetizers through to the dessert, we were happy! The waiters are also exceptional! The seafood pasta dish is to die for...lobster, shrimp, and scallops..and lots of them! We will definitely be back!!