“A second time around WONDERFUL!!!”
Review of Carmel Room - CLOSED

Carmel Room
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Summerlin
Cross street: Summerlin Parkway
Victorville, California
“A second time around WONDERFUL!!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My title says it all. First time here I celebrated my 51st birthday. This time, our wedding anniversary. Oh My! Please come here for one of those movie romantic dinners! 31 years and still romance? You bet! Especially in this place. The wonderful casino host Brenda from Rampart Casino arranged the dinner for us and from beginning to end, it was amazing! First we were seated by a gracious maitre d' named Terry who extended his arm and personally escorted me to the table. Ok, so now I am already feeling special! Then we were seated in a private table in a draped alcove type room for 2. It just kept getting better! From the wine to the desert, everything was exceptional. The service was the tops! Arsenio and other staff are warm and welcoming yet professional to the last detail. In 31 years and many amazing dining experiences, this one will remain one of our BEST memories. Read my first review for more details on the food, I just wanted to expand on the romance of the place. It is all in what you make it, and these people go out of their way to make it wonderful. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013

Las Vegas
“Pricey and worth it”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I had dinner last night at the Carmel Room in the J W Marriott. The service and food was absolutely excellent although a bit pricey. The only disappointment was that the Caprice Salad was not available.

We had their scallop appitizer, then roast beel and filet. All were done as we asked. We enjoyed an inexpensive bottle of Reisling. The bill with reasonable tip was $156.00.

We will return.

• Visited December 2012
Victorville, California
“Truly wonderful!!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had to pleasure of spending my birthday dinner at this wonderful place. From the time I was escorted to our table to the desert, everything was amazing. Food, atmosphere and service all above and beyond. The price is up there however, if you are ready for it, I cannot imagine a better meal. We had the rib eye steak and lamb dinners. Spinach salad with hot dressing prepared at our table. Sides were wonderful and desert was a chocolate souffle that was to die for! Served fresh baked with sides of carmel and vanilla sauce and fresh whipped cream. Oh my, it was worth turning 51 just to have this desert. haha Also the staff brought a beautiful birthday desert complimentary with wonderful wishes for a Happy Birthday. So very special. My advice: Get dressed up, go out and treat yourself to this lovely meal and atmosphere. It is old school elegant. I loved every minute! I hope you will too! Enjoy.

• Visited November 2012
MA
“Summerlin Gem”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Located in the affluent area of Summerlin at the JW Marriott / Rampart Casino, the Carmel Room serves outstanding gourmet fare.The decor is elegant with dark wood and alcoves for a special romantic night or a semi-private family gathering. There is also a library room that can be used for private functions. I liked the option of a different sizes of filet mignon, the 6oz filet was ample for my appetite, since we always order sides. The filet was mouthwatering and the Truffle Salt Seared Scallops with wild mushroom ravioli were perfect. The prices were much more reasonable than the elegant restaurants on the strip, definitely a great value for the high quality of food and service and ambience.

• Visited September 2012
Chicago
“Steak Special”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had the steak special and it was very good along with sides. Great friendly maitre d' and very nice interior.

Visited September 2012