“Truly wonderful!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carmel Room

Carmel Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmel Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,279 of 4,793 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Summerlin
Cross street: Summerlin Parkway
Victorville, California
“Truly wonderful!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had to pleasure of spending my birthday dinner at this wonderful place. From the time I was escorted to our table to the desert, everything was amazing. Food, atmosphere and service all above and beyond. The price is up there however, if you are ready for it, I cannot imagine a better meal. We had the rib eye steak and lamb dinners. Spinach salad with hot dressing prepared at our table. Sides were wonderful and desert was a chocolate souffle that was to die for! Served fresh baked with sides of carmel and vanilla sauce and fresh whipped cream. Oh my, it was worth turning 51 just to have this desert. haha Also the staff brought a beautiful birthday desert complimentary with wonderful wishes for a Happy Birthday. So very special. My advice: Get dressed up, go out and treat yourself to this lovely meal and atmosphere. It is old school elegant. I loved every minute! I hope you will too! Enjoy.

• Visited November 2012

MA
“Summerlin Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Located in the affluent area of Summerlin at the JW Marriott / Rampart Casino, the Carmel Room serves outstanding gourmet fare.The decor is elegant with dark wood and alcoves for a special romantic night or a semi-private family gathering. There is also a library room that can be used for private functions. I liked the option of a different sizes of filet mignon, the 6oz filet was ample for my appetite, since we always order sides. The filet was mouthwatering and the Truffle Salt Seared Scallops with wild mushroom ravioli were perfect. The prices were much more reasonable than the elegant restaurants on the strip, definitely a great value for the high quality of food and service and ambience.

• Visited September 2012
Chicago
“Steak Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had the steak special and it was very good along with sides. Great friendly maitre d' and very nice interior.

Visited September 2012
Newark, Delaware
“Carmel does It again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Have dined here often. Excellent food although a bit pricey. Service is very good. Still a must visit whenever we are in the area.

Visited April 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
“There are far better choices in Las Vegas”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Having lived in Las Vegas for 3 years now, my husband I have been making it a mission, so to speak, to try out every steak house from the Strip to the outskirts. I was looking forward to the Carmel Room because the reviews I've read have been overall very good. I was so amazingly disappointed that I don't know where to begin. The service was horrible! I started out be explaining that I have a dietary restriction (Celiac's Disease) and therefore cannot eat anything with gluten. At a higher end restaurant, it has been my repeated experience that the Chef can accommodate this. First, the waiter looked irritated when I asked him to inquire with the Chef as to whether I needed to stay away from any particular menu choices. I had to ask him twice to do this. Then, I learned that there was very little on the menu by way of sides or appetizers, etc. that I could have. I then asked if there could be made some accomodation, "No" was the answer. My husband's Wedge Salad was just that . . .a wedge of iceburg with little flare. His Crab Cake appetizer never came. Our dinners got there so fast we didn't even have time to enjoy our cocktail. My steak arrived on a plate with nothing else "because the accompanying items had gluten". . .this happened despite the fact that my husband's steak arrived with steamed asparagus which I could have eaten. The side dishes which allegedly were enough for two people were small. The sauteed mushrooms appeared to be bottled or canned. . .definitely not fresh. The baked potato was definitely pre-cooked and then reheated (wrinkley and dry). My steak was supposed to medium and came out completely well done. Since our waiter never came back to the table, I asked to see the Manager. I explained that the food was rushed, an appetizer never arrived, etc. His response "The only thing I can do is take the steak away". . .yes you heard that correctly. . .not "we can redo this for you" or some other appropriate response. He literally just took my overdone, dried out hunk of steak away and then the server never came back. This was the worst experience we have ever had at a Steak House in Vegas. Awful!!!! Do not eat at this so-called establishment.

• Visited April 2012