“We were on a tight schedule we missed out on a day of...”

Days Inn Las Vegas At Wild Wild West Gambling Hall
Ranked #182 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
SHREVEPORT
“We were on a tight schedule we missed out on a day of...”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were on a tight schedule we missed out on a day of visiting
with family. When we callled and made reservations I told them
I would b there at 11 to check in they said that wouldn't b a problem
We couldn't check n till 3 bad cimmunication it. Very rude

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed 4 nights total over 2 stays. The first impression of the Days Inn isn't so great, the check-in area is within the smoke filled casino area and some of the clientele can seem a little confronting at first.

However.. this impression was misleading as the overall experience of staying at the Days Inn was pleasant. The accommodation is comfortable, roomy enough and clean. The beds are huge and the pillows very comfortable. The free wifi strength and speed was acceptable. There was some noise from other guests overnight but this was to be expected in Las Vegas and at a motel.

We were impressed with the included breakfast and coffee which is provided at the onsite Dennys - and can be redeemed at any time of day. The swimming pool area was large and had an ok atmosphere.

As mentioned the first impression of the casino area wasn't great but after using this area (usually to get to Dennys) it was quiet and none of the clientele were threatening. In some ways the atmosphere was nicer than some of the much bigger 'name' casinos.

The location of this hotel is slightly off the strip but easily walkable - taking approximately 10 minutes. We walked back to the hotel at night and did not encounter any issues. We recommend crossing to the other side of West Tropicana Avenue and using the continuous footpath (sidewalk) to reach Excalibur and the rest of the strip if roaming on foot.

The only negative we had with Days Inn was that the amount listed on Booking.Com differed slightly from the amount billed. After disputing this the manager adjusted the amount to 'meet halfway'. The amount in dispute was very little but it's not acceptable that the taxes/fees included amount the room was booked at differed from the final charge.

Other than that we were very happy with Days Inn and for the cost it was a very good deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roodboy
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Liz, liz, liz! Very helpful girl very nice. All the other ones I come accross are just so angry and roude. This young lady should be the Station Casinos face! I asked her what she was doing hiding behind the front desk? She should be your casino host or a cocktail waitress, stop hiding her. Anyhow ive been here several times this month and the rooms are desent you get what you pay for. My only complaint is the housekeeping and Dennys. Theres always things missing in the rooms or if something is wrong it takes them a long long time to fix! The casino slots are tight and i see alot of hookers hanging around. Suprised they arnt told to leave. Dennys food is also horrible. I cant believe thats a actual Dennys. I will come back because I like to see the beautiful girl at the front desk!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Iwillrateu209
LEBANON
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My mom paid for my trip to Las Vegas to be with her on wedding day. My stay here was average, the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the free breakfast at Denny's was good. The room definitely needed a coffeemaker, more outlets and better lighting.
My only complaint is that I didn't know about the Facility / Resort Fees. They are $5.99 a day which is reasonable, but I booked my trip through Priceline and wasn't made aware of them until I checked in, I told them I would be paying cash when I checked out.
It wouldn't have been an issue but my mom paid for the trip, my brother used his cc for deposit on incidentals. I asked the gentleman working the front desk how much the fees were, told him I would be paying cash when I checked out and when I came back to check out they has already put the charges on my mother's credit card.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family