“Filthy but friendly” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #170 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Spokane, Washington
“Filthy but friendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

First thing I saw was a police car and an ambulance but we were so tired that we ignored it, big mistake! The first room we were booked in was filthy so I complained to the front desk, he said wait there we will put you in another room but after 30 minutes nobody came to the room or called so my mom went to the front desk and got the key for another room. This room looked cleaner until I found insect larvae in the bed and insect body parts. I barely slept then complained to the very nice morning clerk who informed me that priceline.com would still charge my card and that the manager wasn't going to be in until the next day so nothing much could nd done until then. The clerk did give us two $10 cards for the Denny's that shares the building so we went to have breakfast. Well ewe left feeling ill and not really full because within a few minutes of starting to ray the eggs safe had ordered my mothers eggd turned green. Now they did take off the cost of her meal abd waved the taxes so that $20 even from the cards would cover breakfast for all 3 of us. Staff was friendly but and location was okay but everythong else sucked. I would not recommend this hotel or Denny's to anyone. I only hope that the manager calls me tomorrow and reverses all charges.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CindyD35
DaysInnLasVegas, General Manager at Days Inn Las Vegas At Wild Wild West Gambling Hall, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Hello CindyD35,

First off, thank you for your honest feedback regarding Days Inn Las Vegas. I would like to apologize for the various issues you encountered during your stay. Cleanliness is our number one priority in Housekeeping and these issues are taken seriously. I will also forward this feedback to our Denny's manager so they may also look at their issues. I can assure you these issues aren't normal occurences. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further. Again, thank you for your valued feedback. It is the only way we will continue to improve guest service.

Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

less than standard amenities for pet owners who must stay in oldest/ delapidated & furthest building. Also must pay additional $15 per day for their pets. Avoid Casino, unless you like losing alot. But great beds and reasonably clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kierstin C
DaysInnLasVegas, General Manager at Days Inn Las Vegas At Wild Wild West Gambling Hall, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Kierstin C,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. We do have specifc pet friendly rooms available, but the quality of room should be no different. I apologize for any issues you may have had. We hope you give us another chance to earn your business. Thank you.

Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel alone. The person that checked me in was polite but not overly helpful and I wasn't told where my room was or helped up the stairs with my bags (there was no lift).

The room was very clean apart from the carpet which, although it looked spotless left my feet black very quickly! There was only one plug socket which was by the sink which wasn't ideal! There was a hair dryer and iron in the room and the bed was very comfortable. The room was a bit dark and could have done with another light.

There was a door which apparently adjoined the room next door which was a little disconcerting because it didn't bolt. The television came on full volume every time and the staff weren't bothered when I mentioned it.

On one of the days, the wifi wasn't working at all from first thing until the afternoon and I told them that this was the only way I was contacting home to let them know I was ok so this was very inconvenient to me.

The chamber maids were very good and my room was supplied with clean towels and toiletries every day - I can't fault them at all.

The pool was very clean and towels were supplied. There were plenty of sun loungers and tables available. Also there was a water fountain with cold water which was great in the heat, and an ice machine round the corner.

A lady staff member at reception was very helpful and looked after my iPad when I went out as the safe wasn't big enough and there was a sign in the room saying not to leave any valuables in the room. She also gave me a local map which was helpful.

Denny's was a nice place to eat and very reasonable. The staff there were always friendly and helpful.  The breakfast was included in the price although you had to buy a drink as this wasn't included.

There was a menu on the tv which allowed you to check your bill at any time. Beware, you have to pay $5.95 per day for wifi whether you use it or not (non refundable) and you have to pay a deposit of about $15-$16 per day on check in which you get back at the end but it is in the small print so worth noting.

I would definitely stay here again as it was very good value for money and generally a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Natalie L
Hi Natalie,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. Your concerns regarding the WiFi and TV volume are important to us and we will look into both issues. We hope to see you soon here in Vegas.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. We rented Sun-Thurs nights on a whim. The price was low, breakfast every morning (and much needed coffee) was included!!! It was a limited choice menu from Denny's, which is attached to the casino/hotel lobby. Such an awesome deal though. Lots of parking, great waitresses in the Wild West casino. Plenty of security and helpers around the site. Its not a big casino but I loved it. You are just off the strip by half a mile or so. The first night we sat with our drinks at the edge of our parking lot and could see the lights from New York New York, MGM Grand, the Luxor and many other hotels. Save your money! Stay here and visit the other fancy hotels. You have everything you need here at this hotel. No fridge or microwave in the room but a nice tv, bed, table and chairs. Its not luxury but its clearly adequate and clean. Maids were nice, too. We have stayed on the strip before and on Fremont St. In the future we will stay at this hotel, for sure. You can't beat it for price, the great pool area and a big hot tub, Denny's on site 24 hrs a day with a free breakfast before noon each day. Thanks to Daniella who helped me figure out the super cool poker slot machine. Rebecca behind the desk was great. Hotel security had to let us back in the room once when we locked ourselves out trying to empty our cooler. They were nice and gracious and didn't make us wait. Everyone was wonderful, helpful. Oh, and the lady in the gift shop, can't remember her name... she was a wonderful lady as well! Enjoy!!!! We sure did!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KimberlyBreeAnn
Hello KimberlyBreeAnn,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. We truly appreciate the kind words and are glad you enjoyed all the amenities. Hope you bought some great Las Vegas souvenirs at our Gift Shop. See you soon.

Sunbury, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

After the rental car place lost/cancelled my rental car reservation all I could think about was great here goes our vaction. But Dave from the front Desk was great got us checked in to a clean cool room. There is nothing specail about the room but they are nice rooms and we where able to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa G
Dear Melissa G,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience after your car nightmare. I'll make sure Dave knows he was recognized for his service.

Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

As others have said, this is a basic hotel and it's not in the heart of the strip. For us, that was just fine on both counts.

It's quite a large place but broadly speaking, well maintained. I had the impression that most rooms had been newly renovated but perhaps not completely finished. For us, the carpet was pretty grubby but they were steam cleaning the one that was just as bad in the next room and it looked in tip top condition when they had finished. The carpet didn't bother me as we were only there for one short night but if it had, I would have no doubt that reception would have moved us.

Reception is in the casino which wasn't too pleasant if you hate the smell of tobacco smoke! I wasn't there for the gambling so that probably won't bother most who are and used to it.

Breakfast is included and in the Denny's accessible through the casino only. You get a choice of 3 breakfasts but they were flexible - if you wanted extra sausage instead of bacon that was fine. Service was really, really slow though even though it wasn't busy.

There is a resort fee which is built into the quoted price - or at least it was for us, we booked directly on the Days Inn site.

We walked to the strip - it's straightforward and took about 15 mins. Perhaps wouldn't fancy walking back by myself late at night but that's the case in most big cities. That said I didn't feel unsafe and saw no dodgy characters around the hotel area - no more so that you would expect to see around a casino in Vegas anyway!

Our stay was good, especially given the price. As others have said, the staff are very helpful which is a real asset to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cvinsider
Dear cvinsider,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. We appreciate the kind words about our service. We appreciate the feedback on the carpet. We have carpet cleaning companies out regularly to ensure they stay as clean as possible. Look forward to a return visit in the near future. Thank you.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

First sight at midnight not brilliant but once in reception felt good about it all. reception staff friendly enough although the hard sell on tours after ten hours flight not what i needed, be aware shop about grand canyon tour i bought at reception was 40 dollars cheaper on strip, room spotless from day one of stay, i take my hat to cleaners. beds very comfy, air con. brill. after good night sleep free Denny's where staff excellent and food good.
All in all good stay, a bit out off the way, tip buy an all day bus ticket, lasts 24 hours and stop right outside front door, staff efficient enough and for the money good value.

Room Tip: ask for one near reception, bit of a warren if further away.