“A generally good stay”

Days Inn Las Vegas At Wild Wild West Gambling Hall
Ranked #185 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel alone. The person that checked me in was polite but not overly helpful and I wasn't told where my room was or helped up the stairs with my bags (there was no lift).

The room was very clean apart from the carpet which, although it looked spotless left my feet black very quickly! There was only one plug socket which was by the sink which wasn't ideal! There was a hair dryer and iron in the room and the bed was very comfortable. The room was a bit dark and could have done with another light.

There was a door which apparently adjoined the room next door which was a little disconcerting because it didn't bolt. The television came on full volume every time and the staff weren't bothered when I mentioned it.

On one of the days, the wifi wasn't working at all from first thing until the afternoon and I told them that this was the only way I was contacting home to let them know I was ok so this was very inconvenient to me.

The chamber maids were very good and my room was supplied with clean towels and toiletries every day - I can't fault them at all.

The pool was very clean and towels were supplied. There were plenty of sun loungers and tables available. Also there was a water fountain with cold water which was great in the heat, and an ice machine round the corner.

A lady staff member at reception was very helpful and looked after my iPad when I went out as the safe wasn't big enough and there was a sign in the room saying not to leave any valuables in the room. She also gave me a local map which was helpful.

Denny's was a nice place to eat and very reasonable. The staff there were always friendly and helpful.  The breakfast was included in the price although you had to buy a drink as this wasn't included.

There was a menu on the tv which allowed you to check your bill at any time. Beware, you have to pay $5.95 per day for wifi whether you use it or not (non refundable) and you have to pay a deposit of about $15-$16 per day on check in which you get back at the end but it is in the small print so worth noting.

I would definitely stay here again as it was very good value for money and generally a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Natalie L
DaysInnLasVegas, General Manager at Days Inn Las Vegas At Wild Wild West Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. Your concerns regarding the WiFi and TV volume are important to us and we will look into both issues. We hope to see you soon here in Vegas.

Robert

Write a ReviewReviews (2,397)

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. We rented Sun-Thurs nights on a whim. The price was low, breakfast every morning (and much needed coffee) was included!!! It was a limited choice menu from Denny's, which is attached to the casino/hotel lobby. Such an awesome deal though. Lots of parking, great waitresses in the Wild West casino. Plenty of security and helpers around the site. Its not a big casino but I loved it. You are just off the strip by half a mile or so. The first night we sat with our drinks at the edge of our parking lot and could see the lights from New York New York, MGM Grand, the Luxor and many other hotels. Save your money! Stay here and visit the other fancy hotels. You have everything you need here at this hotel. No fridge or microwave in the room but a nice tv, bed, table and chairs. Its not luxury but its clearly adequate and clean. Maids were nice, too. We have stayed on the strip before and on Fremont St. In the future we will stay at this hotel, for sure. You can't beat it for price, the great pool area and a big hot tub, Denny's on site 24 hrs a day with a free breakfast before noon each day. Thanks to Daniella who helped me figure out the super cool poker slot machine. Rebecca behind the desk was great. Hotel security had to let us back in the room once when we locked ourselves out trying to empty our cooler. They were nice and gracious and didn't make us wait. Everyone was wonderful, helpful. Oh, and the lady in the gift shop, can't remember her name... she was a wonderful lady as well! Enjoy!!!! We sure did!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KimberlyBreeAnn

Hello KimberlyBreeAnn,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. We truly appreciate the kind words and are glad you enjoyed all the amenities. Hope you bought some great Las Vegas souvenirs at our Gift Shop. See you soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

After the rental car place lost/cancelled my rental car reservation all I could think about was great here goes our vaction. But Dave from the front Desk was great got us checked in to a clean cool room. There is nothing specail about the room but they are nice rooms and we where able to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa G

Dear Melissa G,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience after your car nightmare. I'll make sure Dave knows he was recognized for his service.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

As others have said, this is a basic hotel and it's not in the heart of the strip. For us, that was just fine on both counts.

It's quite a large place but broadly speaking, well maintained. I had the impression that most rooms had been newly renovated but perhaps not completely finished. For us, the carpet was pretty grubby but they were steam cleaning the one that was just as bad in the next room and it looked in tip top condition when they had finished. The carpet didn't bother me as we were only there for one short night but if it had, I would have no doubt that reception would have moved us.

Reception is in the casino which wasn't too pleasant if you hate the smell of tobacco smoke! I wasn't there for the gambling so that probably won't bother most who are and used to it.

Breakfast is included and in the Denny's accessible through the casino only. You get a choice of 3 breakfasts but they were flexible - if you wanted extra sausage instead of bacon that was fine. Service was really, really slow though even though it wasn't busy.

There is a resort fee which is built into the quoted price - or at least it was for us, we booked directly on the Days Inn site.

We walked to the strip - it's straightforward and took about 15 mins. Perhaps wouldn't fancy walking back by myself late at night but that's the case in most big cities. That said I didn't feel unsafe and saw no dodgy characters around the hotel area - no more so that you would expect to see around a casino in Vegas anyway!

Our stay was good, especially given the price. As others have said, the staff are very helpful which is a real asset to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cvinsider

Dear cvinsider,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. We appreciate the kind words about our service. We appreciate the feedback on the carpet. We have carpet cleaning companies out regularly to ensure they stay as clean as possible. Look forward to a return visit in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

First sight at midnight not brilliant but once in reception felt good about it all. reception staff friendly enough although the hard sell on tours after ten hours flight not what i needed, be aware shop about grand canyon tour i bought at reception was 40 dollars cheaper on strip, room spotless from day one of stay, i take my hat to cleaners. beds very comfy, air con. brill. after good night sleep free Denny's where staff excellent and food good.
All in all good stay, a bit out off the way, tip buy an all day bus ticket, lasts 24 hours and stop right outside front door, staff efficient enough and for the money good value.

Room Tip: ask for one near reception, bit of a warren if further away.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Derek B
DaysInnLasVegas, General Manager at Days Inn Las Vegas At Wild Wild West Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Derek,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. A good night's rest goes a long way and our beds are definitely a guest favorite. Thank you.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Let's be honest, the outside looks divey. But the inside is definitely comfortable and clean with playable tables and slots and a tasty 24 hr Dennys with free breakfast every morning as a guest. And for the rates, its a great value. A 24 hour convenience shop, Wendys, In-and-out, and a city bus are right across the street. Orleans is a couple minutes up and Excalibur is a couple minutes down. Awesome!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sco5123

Hello sco5123,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. While the exterior is dated and older, you are absolutely correct about the interior and location of our property. Walking distance to the Strip, comfortable clean room, and plenty of food options all around us. Thanks again for your feedback, look forward to hosting you here in Vegas soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great price ...no more than a 15 minute walk to the strip! And Dave at the front desk is very very helpful. You have a question just ask ! At times it is hard to find a clean quiet room at a good price! House cleaning was very good thanks to Marta always making sure all was ok! I was there for more than a week, enjoyed the pool and casino. Free internet and free breakfast ! This is not the Hilton...but you will not find a better price and a friendlier staff, from the front desk, house cleaning, waitresses and security!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor and perfer a room not facing the parking lot .
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MATEOS26

Dear Mateos26,

Thank you for your Days Inn Las Vegas review. You are absolutely right. We are the affordable, comfortable option when staying in Las Vegas near the Strip. I will make sure Martha knows that her guest service was recognized. She will be very excited I'm sure. Hope to see you back in Vegas soon. Thank you once again.