“Everything I could ask for”

Days Inn Las Vegas At Wild Wild West Gambling Hall
Ranked #185 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had stayed here once before, several years ago, before Days Inn took over the Wild Wild West. Then it was a tad rundown, but still decent. Now, it is SO much better! The bed was so incredibly comfortable, and the tub was as well. We had a room that faced the pool. It was pretty quiet, except for the occasional door closing or voices as people walk by the room. It is in the perfect location - just off the strip, and not far from basic services you may need. Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Albertsons, and everything else you could need are all conveniently located just down Tropicana a couple of blocks. Also, the desk staff is excellent. They are courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. The free Denny's breakfast is a great perk to staying here. For every person every day of your stay they give you vouchers for a free grand slam and a free cup of coffee. We really enjoyed not having to figure out where to have breakfast every day. Parking is easy to navigate as well. No problem with anythign during our stay, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms that face the pool. The rooms that face the small street were noisier and t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FamilyVanMetre
DaysInnLasVegas, General Manager at Days Inn Las Vegas At Wild Wild West Gambling Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

FamilyVanMetre, thank you for the review. Being a long time guest, I'm glad you see the positive changes we've made over the last 2 years. New beds, high-speed WiFi, breakfast, coffee, and new linens are a few of the new items since becoming a Days Inn property. Hope to see you this summer, we have some music options at the pool this year that will make it an even better experience for you.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Las Vegas At Wild Wild West Gambling Hall

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed here 12th-19th January, while visiting vegas for a friend's wedding. I was a bit weiry at first as it was off the strip and me being a first time visiter to the states, never mind to sin city. I decided to book anyway and got a deluxe room for $390 inlcuding taxes and a $4.95 daily service fee (for use of the pool,Jacuzzi,Free Coffee,Free Wifi and local calls) which i think was ok considering some 3star hotels in vegas charge $20 per day!

The reception staff were really friendly and helpful, The room was a little dated but clean and roomy even with the 2 queen beds! TV was something out of the dark ages and kept turning itself off but, There was 16 cable channels to choose from and its not like your in the hotel very often to watch it anyway. Possibly why they haven't been exchanged for flat screens?

It can get quite noisy at night around the smoking rooms block, as it is situated next to the wild wild west truck stop. and its close to the freeway, but i didnt have any problems getting to sleep.

Breakfast was included in the room rate, and was provided by dennys restaurant located in the back of the casino. You get three choices for breakfast from the 'value menu up to $4' choice of grand slam, cheese omlette or oatmeal..No modifcations can be made so after a few days i got bored. Kinda silly as there was cheaper treats on the breakfast menu like the blueberry pancake puppies with cream cheese frosting for $2..But they wouldnt let you switch. Waitresses always extremley hypo and happy especially the bubbly mexican/spanish lady who's name i cant remember but she always brightened up my morning with her dulcit tones 'muchos gracias senorita'

The casino is small but unique, apparently dubbed ' the best little locals casino in vegas' they have 50c roulette and happy hour with $2 draughts and $2 shots 3pm-7pm and 11pm-3am. Cocktail waitresses don't frequent the penny slots very often so you have to try and follow her around a little, or wait a while to get your 'free' or $1 drinks. But once you tip them, they do start to come round a little more often.

Bus stops are located right outside the hotel and you can walk along the busy intersection over the freeway if your feeling brave enough itll take you about 15 mins, there is a sidewalk but its still a bit tricky as cars still carry on driving even when the walk signs are on! but it's easy to catch the bus and the strip is only one stop away.

I think overall this hotel is great for the price and i was more than happy with the service i received whilst staying here.

The only issue i have is that, upon check in i was advised that there was a $25 a day security deposit to be taken from my card, I was not made aware of this. There was nothing advised at the time of booking nor was there anything mentioned in the booking terms and conditions, So i hadn't factored this into my hotel cost. I explained that i didnt have enough money for this so the receptionist took $50 cash deposit. I this obviously ate into my budget too. Of course i got it back on check out. But who needs it on the day they're going home??

I think that this needs to be displayed on their terms of booking, as people may end up getting ripped off.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JoanneWA84

JoanneWA84, thank you for the review. Our hotel fee is among the most affordable in the city for the services you receive so I thank you for noticing it. Our casino is a big hit among guests due to the lower amounts needed to bet, and our bar Happy Hour is always packed with $2 specials. The incidental card authorization at check-in is normal protocol for many hotels. We are different in the sense that we like to inform the guest that the "pending" authorization will be a little higher than the total room rate. The authorization is processed for release at check out when the final charged amount is completed. Banks replace the authorization with the final amount a couple of business days later, depending on your bank. I hope this brief explanation helps you next time you travel anywhere. Hopefully we'll see you soon here in Las Vegas.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I travel on business to Vegas quite frequently & when I do I make it a point to stay at the Days Inn on Tropicana Dr. Robert Ruiz's Staff are a top-notch Team when it comes to making me feel welcome. They ensured that I got a room which is historically quiet during the day. Since I work nights, this was very important to me. And the King size bed is very comfy. Miss Rachel ensured that I got my complimentary meals and coffee & confirmed daily that my room was serviced AFTER I was up and about on MY schedule. No sleep interruptions here! My favorite eatery is Denny's. And there's one right on the premises! Overall, my stay here was Awesome and I look forward to returning in the near future!!!

Room Tip: If you are here on pleasure. You are walking distance from everything! If on business, ask for a q...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Francisco S

Francisco, thank you for the kind words! Our staff is very grateful you enjoyed your stay. We strive to excel in service and I'm glad you experienced it first hand. See you soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My Fiance stayed here over the christmas period as we have been travelling, and we were really impressed! The Hotel was really clean, and the staff helpfull, its only a 5 minute walk to the strip and there is a taxi rank directly outside the reception If you don't fancy the walk. Considering the cost of accomadation the hotel is outstanding value for money, and we found that we both slept really well, where as we had friends staying on the strip in the more well know hotels that really struggled to sleep. I would definatly reccomend staying here.

Room Tip: This is a Hotel, not a hostel
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DMA_86

Great to hear you and your fiancee had a great stay. Our location is definitely a selling point and our price point is lower than the big Strip hotels. I hope your friends stay with us next time so they'll also get a good night's rest. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

cheapest rate i could find in las vegas during the convention time, room was clean except for some hairs on the sink, and soiled paper doily on sink. heater worked good but not automatic, only on and off and 2 settings. walls were alittle thin, could hear shower, walking, talking, doors closing, etc, normal for hotels but seemed alittle louder than normal, did not keep me awake though. got changed from my first room given due to air conditioning unit outside the door. free breakfast and coffee at dennys was good, service was good. you have a choice of 3 meals. i did not see any shady people around and they do have security guards. I did not see any bed bugs. mattress is new simons beauty rest and was comfortable. I drove my car so walking was not a problem for me. TV worked ok and does turn on at full volume for some reason. not a big deal just turn it down quickly. $4.95 daily service charge is applied to your stay. alarm clock worked after resetting the time on it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank hearthis09

Thank you for the feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the new mattress and had a great night's sleep. I will make sure to continue pushing the cleanliness standard with our staff. The 3 options for breakfast is a new promo for 2012. Hope to see you soon and thanks again for the review.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

This place offers a very cheap stay just a 10 minute walk from the strip. Situated beside several well known fast food joints behind the New York New York hotel. We got fantastic value with a small friendly casino, outdoor swimming pool, free breakfast and a nice clean room with air conditioning for half nothing. The casino offers low min bet tables of roulette, black jack and craps and the dealers are always willing to lend a helping hand. Drinks are very cheap in the bar and Dennys is also connected to the casino and stay open very late :)
Taxis to old town vegas cost approximately $20 and about 8$ to the strip if your too tired to walk or its to hot out. If your looking to save your money for the fun times on your trip and not fork out several hundred dollars on the huge hotels on the strip, this is absolutely perfect.
Good food all around you, nice quaint casino, cheap drink, swimming pool, air-conditioned clean rooms and off the hustle of the strip but close enough to enjoy it.
Enjoy

Room Tip: Facing the pool on 1st floor...no sound from the road and overlooking the pool is good.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank aido29
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I have to say I love the Wild Wild West. I've been staying there for over 7 years and it always feels like coming home. Over the last few years it's been about 10 days a month I stay and play there.

The Front Desk Staff all know me by name and always go out of their way to make me feel like a high roller. I would like to give a special thanks to Issac, and Bobby during the day and when I arrive at 3am after driving from Tucson it's a pleasure to see David, Suzie, and Hung at night. These folks always smile! I visit Vegas because my clients rent our promotional slot machines for their trade show booths. When I get a job,the first place I think of is Wild Wild West. The Spa is always hot and really nice, and you can't beat FREE breakfast at Denny's in the morning.. It's a motor lodge style hotel with easy access to all of Las Vegas. You can just park in front of your room. You don't have to walk for 30 min to get to your room like strip hotels. Bellagio it's not, neither is the price! The maids always have the rooms clean ,and greet you with a smile.

The folks at the Wild Wild West know it's good to have a job these days, so when I get a job in Las Vegas it's my first choice!.

P.S. I get comp and low price rooms at strip hotels, but if you have a car, the convinience and awesome location make the the Days Inn at the Wild Wild West - THE BEST!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business