“Outside looks can be deceiving” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siegel Suites Select Convention Center

Siegel Suites Select Convention Center
Ranked #193 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Washington DC
“Outside looks can be deceiving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I selected this hotel for my last night in Las Vegas based on reviews on this and other websites and the price (being budget conscious). As I arrived I was a little peeved by the looks on the outside - worn, even the sign was crooked. I checked in with no issue and was sent to my room. Opening the outside door and climbing up the stairs to the second level made me question my choice - pretty run down. Opening the door to my room however provided a pleasant surprise. The room was very spacious and looked recently redone. The same with the bathroom. Both were clean and spotless. The room was very quite without noise from neighbouring rooms. So, outside looks can be deceiving. The alarm clock provided in the room didn't work, but I had my own small one anyway having been out camping. The hotel also provided a free continental breakfast - which in my opinion lacked majorly. You had a choice between various cereals, granted. But if you didn't fancy cereal you had a choice between raisin bagels or raisin bread with ONLY butter. No jams or preserves, no cream cheese or other was provided. So, I had buttered bagels. Not what I'd call a continental breakfast. Although there was a pool, nobody seemed to be using it. On the plus side, the hotel has a computer hooked up to the internet and a printer available for guests to use. There is a reasonable time and page printing limit. Since I had not taking my laptop on the trip, I was glad that I could check in for my flight that evening from the hotel before rushing out into the desert for one more day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kirsten M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

They have a large pool - with a lock entry, very large quiet rooms, fridge and the room doors are inside a locked access hall, that keeps non-guest away.
This is our hotel of choice when in Vegas, the staff is friendly and they have a free continental breakfast.
within a few blocks of Circus Circus and Encore, behind 7-11 and Denneys.

No frills, just clean, quiet rooms.

Room Tip: couples should ask for a non-smoking KING room. Lots of room to dance with your loved one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was in Vegas for a convention so the Rodeway Inn was very convenient -- just a 5-10 minute walk away. It's clean and the front desk staff was accommodating, but not everything works as it should. I was sent to a room that hadn't been cleaned yet. The plug in the bathtub didn't work so I couldn't take a bath. (This was especially disappointing because there is no jacuzzi.) The WiFi only worked sporadically. I liked the continental breakfast because I like coffee and bagels, but I think the breakfast room attendant must get paid by the number of people who turn in their tickets because she was very insistent with the guests who forgot. It was adequate and OK if you're on a tight budget.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Yes, you do get what you pay for. This is not meant to be a negative review but at $60 a night it is what it is. Overall, the room was clean and the bathroom had been updated. But small things like trim and doors were filthy. The facility is old and has seen many better days and is one of the places I didn't feel comfortable being out in at dark.

The staff that checked me in was pleasant and the continental breakfast was adequate. For a six hour sleep and go the Rodeway Inn was enough.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WashedupWornout
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for St. Patty's day weekend, luckily just 1 night because we had reservations for 2 more nights at the Excalibur. It's just located in a shady area, once we got there we saw a man in a bike just circling the horrible parking lot! He looked shady too! They're parking is scary because its lonely and they even have signs that say they're not responsible for your car if it gets stolen! As soon as we walked into our hotel room we realized we had a queen bed, when we had paid for a king bed. The toilet wasn't working, either! And when we called to ask them if we can get that fixed they said they'd send someone over right away, and right away meant like 1/2 hour! We really were tired driving 6 hrs and to get to a hotel with no working toilet was awful! We told the lady up front about the bed situation and she said all rooms were same price even if its king or queen! They really shouldn't advertise king beds if they're going to give you a queen bed. The lighting was awful, very dark in the hotel, & there weren't enough outlets! It's far from the strip too! It was just as much as what I paid for the Excalibur! I just suggest booking early that way prices aren't high! That's the reason why we chose this place bc it was reasonable priced, I had booked the other 2 nights in December bc I got my boyfriend tickets to muse, so we decided to stay an extra day but by then (in march) the Excalibur was expensive! So just book early and you should be fine! Plus! There was a big trash bag sitting by entrance of our hotel the entire stay!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Supervetty
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had one only night to be in Vegas. Needed a place that was safe and clean and without bugs. This Rodeway fit the bill. This is an older property, only two stories, and close to the strip. It has been kept up and removated reasonably well. Nothing fancy but everything adequate. The free continental breakfast was virtually worthless unless you are happy with toast and a bagel, and coffee so we went to the nearby Denny's for breakdfast. I usually stay at higher status hotels like Comfort Suites when I travel but this was very acceptable lodging. The price is very competitive. I will stay here again the next time I am in Vegas unless someone else is paying the bill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vancamper
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

On popular weekends most Las Vegas strip hotels sell out or become ridiculously expensive. Since most of my trips to Las Vegas involve spending as little time as possible in my hotel room, I am not inclined to spend too much money for a place to store my luggage and clothes while I am out having fun.

If you fall into the same category then the Rodeway Inn may offer a reasonable option for an affordable place to take a shower and catch a few hours of sleep.

Although the hotel is an older property, the rooms are decent for budget accommodations especially with no “resort fees”, free Wi-Fi and free Continental breakfast (although nothing special). The lobby also has a free computer with a printer that makes it nice to quickly look up local happenings.

The Rodeway is situated in a quiet area of town but with easy access to the strip and convention center. Being an older hotel it does have an “old-school pool” with an eight foot deep end that would be nice for “cannonballs” on a not too hot Las Vegas day.

Room Tip: Choose room near one of the entrance doors. Long distance between entrance doors. First floor would...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo