“Vegas Retreat, really a blast!”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #73 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Antonio, TX
“Vegas Retreat, really a blast!”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Easy 10pm check in. I asked for free upgrade they said not free, $40 more a night I said okay but they did not have non-smoking so I was offered a smoking upgrade at no extra charge yippee! High floor, corner room outstanding view of mountains and north strip Mirage volcano and Bellagio fountains. Smoking room but did not stink. Pool was clean and fun but very hot. Housekeeping was polite and professional. Liked the room key for elevator. I did not like the buffet – breakfast or dinner. Slots on Monday through Thursday very tight. Friday same slots switched on and I won and won $. Location to the mall is great for spending money on something you can actually use. Saw Mystere and Love wonderful shows. Saw Terry Fater, great show but interesting TV mentality audience.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank TXStoney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,776)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I was a little nervous about staying here from some mixed reviews but from the moment I walked into the hotel everything was wonderful.

Check-in was quick and simple, even at 3pm, and I was given a mid level floor with a strip facing room without even asking.I was just being nice.

Room was great - super clean and amazingly comfortable. The room was huge, bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was just what I needed. It even had great little toiletries which worked until I got to the store.

Staff were always friendly, apart from a few at the buffet in the morning, but I couldn't fault anyone else.

Location was great and the tram to the mirage was a great little extra which I used, especially in 106 heat. The Sirens of the TI show hasn't changed much in 5 years but it was fun to see in the "vip" area for hotel guests. It's alot more fun being in the front!

I was a little concerned about the pool before I got there but I thought it was great and although I had two cabana days, the rest of the pool wasn't that crowded. If you are thinking about having a cabana day or two I would say go for it. I was planning on just having one but after the service on the first I booked a second. For a full day at the pool this is the way to do it and worth every cent of the $200. There is a TV, fully stocked fridge with the option of a free refill of the fridge if you need it, huge fruit plate, personal misters above the sun loungers and amazing service. I couldn't have faulted it.

I have stayed in alot of hotels (I lived in one for 5 months for work last year) so I have really high standards which TI lived upto. Over all I had an amazing time at TI and would definately return to the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
7 Thank I_HEART_LV
Upper Marlboro
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This was our first trip to Vegas, so we didn't know what to expect. I picked one of the cheaper, nice, hotels...looked at the website...and hoped for the best. The lobby seemed a little chaotic, but I think we were a little overwhelmed with so much going on in Vegas so early. The front desk person was very nice and the service was fast. The room was amazing! We had a great view of the Trump and Macys...glad I had my card in my wallet! The room was clean, well decorated and very comfortable. I'd love to stay there again on my next visit, but I want to try another spot.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank msbrown76
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2009

This hotel was in a fairly good loaction with a tram available to visit Mirage however the first impression wasnt too impressive as when we arrived things seemed a bit disorientated to when we are able to check-in. Once checked in our rooms were quite impressive as they were very clean, modern and spacious even the bathroom. Most importantly i must say that the beds and the pillows were the best! They were very comfy with no faults. The facilities provided in the hotel was also good expect for the pool which i am not able to comment as it was closed during our stay but Overall i would definately recommend this hotel for thier rooms or to be more specific, their beds and given the price that we paid it was definatley worth it!!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank sillylilies
Washington DC
Reviewed July 10, 2009

The hotel is perfectly located in the middle of las vegas bv., 10-minute walk to the Bellagio, Mirage and 1 minute from the Venetian. Rooms clean, staff kind and the gambling machines equal to the other hotels. The price was incredible. A negative aspect: Try and avoid Cristian Audigier (the hotel's disco). It is terrible!.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank elmasgrande
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2009

I went on my first (spur of the moment) trip to Las Vegas and chose Treasure Island since it was on the Strip and looked convenient to other casinos.
The check-in process was very orderly and smooth. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. I was afraid that I would not be able to check-in since I arrived at 10:30am. No problem, I was able to get a non-smoking, King bedroom facing the Strip.
You walk through a portion of the VERY SMOKEY casino on the way to the elevator(s)--the major con-
(I think they should at least make that area non-smoking).

Upon exiting the elevator the decor is very modern and incredibly clean. When I opened my door, I think my jaw dropped and I thought WOW. Everything was very modern--from the black lacquer furniture to the flat screen tv. The bed--WAS one of the most comfortable beds I have ever been in! The linens were high quality with the comforter appearing and feeling like it was made of down as were the pillows.

The bathroom was large, well lit and had a sunken bathtub. The entire room screamed LUXURY. Even TI's lotion,soap,shampoo & conditioner known as WET is luxurious and silky and smells great.
The biggest downfall is there is NOT free internet service. The cost through the hotel was $13 per 24 hour period. However, your wireless will pick up a ton of other servers which cost as little as $25 for 3 days.
The tv is a good size--flat screen and a crisp picture.
There was a good choice of television stations, however I do not recall getting HBO or SHOWTIME.
Don't expect a microwave, frig or coffee maker. There is an iron and ironing board and a hair dryer in the closet.
The room was incredibly clean. The maid was very nice in the morning. The first morning she knocked on my door at 9:00--(that was abit early for me). She was very apologetic and came by at 10:00 the subsequent days.
My room overlooked the Strip and was right above the TI show--which includes fake fire, fireworks and lots of noise. The show goes off at 730,930 and 1130.
Originally the "pirate show" was geered towards children, but had the reputation of being mundane and boring. The show now involves adult themes and it revolves around female vixens trying to take over a male pirate ship. It is worth watching once.
The Restaurants are expensive when compared to other eating establishments at Ceasars and surrounding areas. My first meal (lunch) cost $18.00.
The tropical drinks (which are available from the bar at the pool) are very high...$17 for a Pina Colada.
There is a Starbucks for your morning coffee jolt and a Ben and Jerry's for an evening ice cream.
In terms of the restaurants, I learned to go out to the surrounding areas and find much more economical restaurants.
The food at TI was very good though-the Service was slow. I had a meal at one Italian restaraunt.
The pool was disappointing. It was crowded and people were standing around with their drinks in hand and often cigarettes in the other. You had to maneuver just to get to the other side. The pool was no higher then 2 1/2 feet. If you want a pool that you can swim in, you will not find it here. On Friday afternoon the DJ came out and played the music loud and the drinks flowed. The average age seemed to be somewhere in the mid-20's early 30's. There was definitely a PARTY atmosphere. My opinion was the music was very loud because everyone was shouting to have themselves heard over it.
The casino was smokey in many areas and expect lots of drinking. You have to seek out "non-smoking" sections. It can be very noisy. The bars close at 6am and if you walk through the casinos at 5:00am it will be as loud and active as is at11:00pm.
There are slots, craps, blackjack, poker and most of the games associated with most other casinos. I won the most on the penny slots. There did not appear to be any Big winners.
I went to see a show at the theatre. The price was good and it was very convenient. Definitely check out the shows at TI as well as the surrounding areas.
Take the tram over to Mirage or the walk-way to the Fashion Square Mall(High end stores--Saks,Bloomingdales etc). Explore the Forum shoppes at Ceasars and the stores at the Venetian. I had enough shopping to last a year.
You can drink anywhere and everywhere--this includes on the streets.
You get a good deal for your money. I would definitely return to TI, but request that my room not be located right above the nightly shows.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
9 Thank Seablanco1
alphagal
Reviewed July 9, 2009

This is my second time staying at this hotel, and both times were great. It's near many other great casinos, has a great pool, has some great bars and it is so much less expensive than some of the other hotels on the strip. My one complaint is that I had one terrible experience at the Kahunaville restaurant. Our waitress, Andrea, was extremely rude and sarcastic. I have never had to leave a restaurant without tipping, until that night. Other than one bad experience though, the rest of the staff is so friendly and the casino is a lot of fun!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family