“Amazing value, amazing times for all!”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #73 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Grand Forks, ND
“Amazing value, amazing times for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2009

What can I say, some of the most fun I've ever had. Myself and 6 other 21 year-old friends booked TI for spring break because of its incredible value and location, and it COMPLETELY exceeded all of our expectations.

We ended up with a Penthouse room facing the strip, along with a petite suite, even though we just booked standard rooms. We managed this by treating the staff at the front desk right when checking in. The line was short when we checked in, but I did see some long lines at other times during the stay. Though I don't have much to compare to, the rooms were incredible and I have only one quasi-complaint. The housekeeping staff is CRAZY dedicated to making sure your room gets cleaned. While it may have been our fault for having weird sleeping patterns, we were woken up COUNTLESS times to get our rooms cleaned, even when we had the do not disturb sign up. Though for more typical guests, this dedication is probably a good thing.

I LOVED the casino. I didn't expect to spend much time gambling there, but as it turns out I spent almost all of my gambling time there. It's small enough that it's not overwhelming, but large enough to never get bored. Plus I think its size made things more exciting at super-late hours. It still seemed to be hopping even late due to its compactness, which is something you can't say for the larger casinos. Though definitely noticeable, I didn't think the smoke was too bad compared to a lot of similar casinos.

We had some amazing encounters with incredible staff members. One drink girl decided that it was her personal mission to get us as many drinks as possible in the shortest amount of time possible. She even stopped accepting our tips, no matter how much we insisted! She'd bring all of us a shot, along with another drink, even when we didn't ask for it. Then when she was on her way back, she would drop off more drinks that customers didn't want. Then the whole process repeated again, and again, and again. In fact this happened all 4 nights we stayed there. Pretty sure all of this is completely against policy too. She was definitely one of our favorite memories for the trip!

We also met a floor manager whose personal service can't be matched. I don't remember how we met, but we ended up having a LOT of fun. He gave us line passes to meet him for coffee the next day. A couple days later he took some of us out to an awesome restaurant a ways off the strip. I didn't know service like this existed!

The buffet was definitely good. We had a pretty bad experience at Kahunaville, but I feel that it probably wasn't typical. Just a horribly rude waiter.

We had an amazing time at the pool. Despite it being a 'below average' pool by Vegas standards, in our case it ended up being INCREDIBLE. We went during a peak spring break time, and since the pool is small, it made for an AWESOME party atmosphere. I imagine some older guests/guests with families weren't too pleased about it though.

As some of you know, MGM recently sold TI, and if not too much changes, I would DEFINITELY put it near the top of the list for places to stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
8 Thank UNDerFUNDed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,748)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lafayette, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

Just spent two nights at Treasure Island with my son and would definitely recommend it. Our room was on the 28th floor. Really quiet, clean, and had all the necessities one would expect at a 4 star hotel. We had a rental car, and parked at the free self-parking at the hotel and walked right in to the front desk. Quick and efficient check-in, no hassles, sales pitches, etc. Only a couple minor negatives to share - fiberglass bathtub/ shower seemed a little "cheap", the room A/C was plenty cool and hard to control, and wireless internet cost $15 a day. I was not too impressed with the casino due to the noise and smoking. But we found that to be common at most of the other casinos, too. Watched the Sirens one night from across the street at the balcony of the Venetian to avoid the crowd. It was OK, but not something I need to see again. Cannot beat the location at TI with the Wynn, Encore, and Venetian right across the street, and the Mirage and Fashion Show Mall right next door. Overall, we could not ask for a better value for the money.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank roadie2
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

Well what can I say. I stayed at Treasure Island with my boyfriend, mum, dad and brother as we were celebrating my mum's 50th Birthday. This was our first time in Vegas and it definitely won't be the last. Staying in Treasure Island was a great choice. When we checked into the hotel there was no queue so we went straight to the desk and got our room keys. One of the guys from scrubs was checking in at the same time too hehe!

Our room was so lovely, we stayed in a deluxe room overlooking Macy's. My Brother had a strip view room where we could see the 'pirate' show at night and my mum and dad overlooked some of the pool. If you want rooms next to each other it is best to ask when checking in as our rooms were quite far apart, we didn't mind but just a tip.

We stayed for 8 nights all together and felt very comfortable in TI, it felt like home. We had breakfast in Starbucks for the first few mornings as we just wanted to get out and explore. We then started having breakfast in the Coffee shop in TI which has all you need for breakfast such as muffins, pastries, waffles, pancakes, eggs, cereal and oatmeal, their toast and oatmeal is lovely! You can even have chips and a big sandwich, which we saw a few people eat. hehe!

The casino is quite big and has everything you need, our favourite machine was roulette, thats the only machine we actually won some dollars. There were a few shops selling great souvenirs but you will definitely have to visit the fashion show mall which is conveniently right next door to TI, it has so many clothes shops and two big souvenir shops, you will also find Macy's there which has everything you need.

We ate at the coffee shop in Ti and the pizzeria, both very nice. We had some cocktails in Kahunaville which were lovely, and they even do some flaring if you stick around for long enough. In your welcome pack, they give you vouchers for buy one get one free, so be sure to use this as they can prove to be a little expensive, about $9 dollars for a small cocktail. They also sometimes give away free shots an drinks if your lucky enough.

The pool is great. I didn't go in myself as it was a bit chilly as it was very windy during our stay but the boys did. The pool is heated and the jacuzzi was very hot, it can get quite busy in the jacuzzi but worth going in!

Ti is situated in the best place on the strip, it is right next to Mirage and opposite the Venetian, two of my other favourites. NYNY, Luxor and MGM isn't too far away but a deuce bus is available to catch if walking doesn't suit you. The deuce is $3 one way or $7 for an all day ticket.

We heard great things about Mystere and they seemed to be selling tickets with high discounts too. We booked and saw the 'O' show cirque de soleil at Bellagio instead which was amazing but will watch Mystere next time as it is a lot cheaper.

We booked a day trip to Grand Canyon on a Saturday as we heard it could be a very busy day on the strip. We booked it through TI and didn't really have to do a thing, they arranged eveything. We didn't have to pay there and then, we paid on the coach. We also had breakfast and lunch provided on the trip included in the price. We paid £155 each but it was well worth it, we were picked up at 6.15am and had such a great driver that told us everything he knew about the culture of Nevada. It was definitely one of my favourite days. We got home about 8.45pm so it was a long day but there were quite a few stops on the way there and back so we could have a look in a few more shops and stretch our legs. There were also a few films that were available to watch on the coach, so we were amused for the journey. The canyon was amazing, we took so many great photo's and also saw the hoover dam. Highly recommended.

The 'Sirens' Pirate show is very good and it's free so even better, the dancing is great, there are both men and woman dancing and performing in the show so it will appeal to everyone. Other nearby freebies are: The volcano at the Mirage and the amazing fountains at the Bellagio which apparently costs $15,000 to run at each showing. Both of these are very close to Ti and in the heart of the strip.

Everywhere was so clean in TI, the beds were made and the room was cleaned every day, we always had new towels to use. Everyone was polite and friendly and made our holiday that extra bit more special. We checked out at 12 and our flight wasn't until 5.30pm, but we were able to leave our luggage with a bell man so we were able to look around for the last time, which was very handy.

Just a warning though, you will feel big time holiday blues when you return home, especially the UK when it always rains!

Can't wait to go back :-) Brilliant holiday!!

• Stayed March 2009
9 Thank Stacey61185
Portage, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

With my girlfriend and I being only 21, we couldnt really aford a whole lot. We booked at TI for the location of the "middle" of the strip, and man were we wrong. The hotel was amanzing for the fact that the room was quiet and had the worlds most amazing beds and pillows. For us though, just like everything to drink and eat in Vegas its expensive. The second night we ended up walking down towards NewYork NewYork, and that was the area we will be staying in next, there was decently priced food and cheap beer there as well. For younger people on a budget take the advise and stay on the end of the strip towards Luxor, MGM, or NewYork NewYork, you will save yourself a boat load of money going to the "small stores" to get your snacks and drinks for your room! I did love TI because it was a nice resort but it was to much of a walk for us to go anywhere "fun" . It also lacked "indoor atmosphere" like Paris, ot NYNY the casino was pretty bland and did not appeal to us at all. Had Fun Though!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank burnstad87
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

I stayed at TI instead of Encore (where my meeting was held) and save a significant amount of money. My room on the 14th floor was very spacious and had two large windows. I heard traffic all day and all night and also heard the occasional plane going overhead.

The casino was SO smokey! The minute I walked off the elevator my eyes started to water and I started to sneeze. The filtering system is nothing like the one at the Venetian or Ceaser's. The location to the Fashion Mall was great and the tram to MGM made some of the central strip hotels easily walkable.

I wasn't very impressed with any of the restaurants at TI. Pho was ok, the Coffee Shop had decent American food, Isla was nothing like it is hyped to be, Kahunaville is a joke (walk to Margaritaville) and Social House was just ok sushi for the price.

With hotel rates in Vegas dropping, I would spend the extra and say somewhere else next time. TI was ok, but definitely not good enough for a second trip.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Blaize76
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

How do I begin? Three words...Sirens of TI...A burlesque adventure for the senses, with comedic timing and undertones that will make you laugh till the "seamen are in the cove". I would also like to mention the Penny Slot machine "Lucky Lion Fish, " not only did I make $86.00 dollars on a $5.00 bill, but I also had so much fun trying to rekindle my memory of the initial 86 that I spent about 106 trying to get it back. And I hate that puffer fish that comes up...it always got in the way of the sharks!!!! Concerning the hotel the service was perfect, and the staff were not only helpful, but kind as well. The hotel has many shops, and the amenities are top notch. Overall if its good enough for the Hills, Lauren and Audrina, then its more than good enough for me! I love TI and I hope you choose this amazing hotel...all your dreams will come true!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank LasVegasHotDogLover
Moab, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

This was my spouse and I's first visit to Las Vegas together. She has previously been here and stayed at the Mirage. So, we got online and read all the reviews, and chose T.I.
based on reviews, updated rooms, comfortable beds, location on the strip, and cost of the room.

We booked through Orbitz and got a great deal on hotel and flight from Denver on Frontier Airlines. Upon arrival, we had to asked the hotel to hold our luggage until 3pm check in, as we had arrived at 8:30am. Wasn't a problem, as the staff was very professional.

This allowed us some time to grab breakfast at the "Coffee Shop", which is right near the main entrance. The food was okay, and reminded us of a Village Inn or Dennys in flavor and quality. A little pricey, but expected. We played the slot machines on the floor, and didn't feel T.I was very well ventilated from cigarette smoke.

Check in went smoothly and had a wonderful west side strip view on the 31st floor. Our room was very clean, looked updated, the bed was very comfortable, and we were happy we were there. Our room looks just like the picture of the standard room looks on the T.I. website.

We ate at Kahunaville for dinner. Food was okay, drinks grossly overpriced ($17 for a Margarita) service was horrible, but it was fun watching the bar tenders shake things up and get the bar area patrons involved.

We had the buffet for breakfast the next morning. Food was really good for a buffet and reasonably priced ($13 for breakfast, $16 lunch, and $21 for dinner).

Room service is VERY expensive. We ordered coffee and orange juice for breakfast and it cost us $23.72. WHAT?!?!? It's coffee and orange juice!!!

We ended up getting show tickets for the Cirque Du Soliel show Mystere. WONDERFUL show! We had a great time. The show was on the property in the T.I.'s theatre.

We highly recommend using the Deuce double decker bus for getting around town. We paid $15 a person for a 3 day unlimited ride bus pass. This allowed us to save ourselves from walking so much up and down the strip. The bus runs 24/7.

Overall our experience at T.I. was okay. Like other reviewers we were unable to get a late check out as we were told to call back in the morning, then when we did we were told the hotel was at capacity. So we had to check out at 11am, even though our flight wasn't until 7:30pm that evening. Frustrating. However the Bell Hop held our luggage for us until the afternoon, and we were ready to go. Very nice!

Vegas is beginning to overprice themselves. Gone are the $1.99 buffets. Most are averaging around $13-$25 for breakfast and $21-$60 for dinner. Drinks and souvenirs are crazy expensive, but the is a party on every corner. Great experience, and T.I. was a good value for us. We would return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple