“Loved Treasure Island, but not the buffet”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #74 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 30, 2004

My mother, my sister, and I visited the TI June 27 thru June 30th, 2004. We loved everything there, the rooms were great, the casino and staff were friendly and helpful, it was very convenient to other attractions and hotels. There was a wonderful tram that ran from TI to the Mirage at no cost, and just beyond the doors of the Mirage were moving sidewalks to carry you to the Forum Shops of Ceasar's Palace(a must see!!) and the Venetian Canal Shops(a must see!!). It made getting about quite east for my mother, who has emphysema. The food was not great at the buffet, I would not eat there again but the other restaraunts were wonderful. Breakfast was great at The Venetian and the NY NY. Wonderful Trip and desperately wanting to go back!!!!

3  Thank LeighAnn2014
There are newer reviews for Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino

Reviewed June 29, 2004

We stayed at Treasure Island for 3 nights from june 15th the rooms were excellent, the service was great , we really enjoyed the sirens show but it is definately adult fun, we went on the night city tour booked through the hotel which was great fun and worth the money it took you to other free shows in the other hotels.

1  Thank marg1959
Reviewed June 29, 2004

Ok, let's start by saying yes, the new Sirens show is cheesy, but really, people, what do you expect? It's free for God's sake! I have read so many reviews on here complaining about this show and how they'd never go back to TI because of it -- I think that's a bit ridiculous! It's just a cheesy Vegas show and it's free - see it, don't see it, who cares?

TI the hotel is a great hotel, centrally located on the strip. We stayed there in June '04 for 5 nights and had an overall great experience. The rooms were very nice - large marble bathrooms, new decor, very clean and comfy. The only thing about our room was that it was on the side of the hotel where the pirate ship show is, so at 7, 8, 10 and 11:30 every night for 20 minutes we'd hear the show very loudly in our room! This was only a problem on the first night because I was jetlagged and wanted to go to bed early, otherwise, it wasn't a problem b/c we weren't in the room until late after the show was over. It was a non-smoking room, so just keep that in mind when booking.

The buffets at this hotel were a bit overpriced for the food quality - they were OK but not great. We ventured down to some of the older hotels and cheaper buffets and they were better (like the breakfast at the Frontier). The new Mexican restuarant, Isla, was wonderful. The pool is a bit small for such a large hotel and it can be a challenge finding a lounge chair, but it's fine for just laying in the sun. The only real problem we had was the pool cafe - we waited over an hour to get our lunch and complained to the manager who quickly comp'd our meal and remedied the situation.

The casino isn't huge but it's fine, esp if you're not a serious gambler but just doing it for fun. There's a tram to the Mirage next door which is handy when your feet get tired from so much walking. And right next door is a huge shopping mall called Fashion Show, which is incredible for shopping!

The staff was friendly to us, although not many spoke very good English and that caused some miscommunication in our length of stay, but they quickly remedied that situation too. For $79 a night, I was very impressed. I have stayed at MGM before and while I liked it, it was almost too big and the rooms are not nearly as nice as TI's, so for the $ I'd go back to TI.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fremont, Ca
Reviewed June 28, 2004

If you are thinking of staying at Treasure Island Las Vegas, please read my review. You may want to reconsider.

After visiting Las Vegas over a dozen times in the last ten years, I couldn't help being tempted to spend a week at the famous Treasure Island Resort and Casino. I checked out their website and have been to their casino and bars and was quite impressed. I booked a week's stay during the month of May and it was a huge mistake.

The rooms are actually very attractive and stylilsh. You get a marble bathroom and gold trimmed room and if you are lucky, a view of the strip at not extra cost. Also, if you are looking for a resort with a great pool, TI isn't your place. I heard many rumors about the pool area being this spectacular tropical paradise. What it actually is, is a tiny pool surrounded by hundreds of lawn chairs! It's so crowded that it looks like a storage place for lawn chairs. People are all crowded together and there's no place to walk.

The casino is ok but the slots are very tight. Not only that but it takes forever to find an attendant when you need a cash payout. I signed up for their slot card to see if I could score on any good deals but got nothing. Their funbook was a joke!!!!

As for dining, the buffet has shrunk by 75% in size and the quality of food is nothing to talk about. However, the price has increased dramatically.

If you are planning to stay at TI, I would think about staying somewhere else. It's nothing but a big display with nothing to offer. I actually checked out a few days early and spent the remaining time of my vacation at the Tropicana. I got a great deal on my room, and although it's an older non-flashy casino, I had a blast. The casino staff was friendly, they had the most amazing pools and it was close to many other attractions like Game Works, the movie theatre at the Luxor and the MGM grand!!!!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2004

IT WAS THE BEST! We are over 50 and went there to stay and get married in May...it was excellent! If you can afford to pay the extra money for the Petite Suite you will be thrilled! Bathrooms for his and her and a great view of the Strip (ask for poolside). We had the best time - the pool area is so much fun and great drinks and every restaurant was excellent and we were treated with such respect and anything we needed was taken care of!

We were close to all the great hotels WITHOUT having to walk miles to get to anything! The service was excellent - the rooms were so clean and nicely decorated and we had the best time!

Would so recommend this place...we went to all the "fancy" hotels to visit yet when we came back to "ours" we felt like we were home! The cafe is priced reasonably and had a great breakfast every morning and it was superb to stay there and would recommend to anyone - but especially to those guests who want to feel intimacy and great service and having great access to everything close by.

Thank you Treasure Island for such a great experience!

1  Thank Maralora
Cheltenham, England
Reviewed June 25, 2004

We stayed at Treasure Island at the end of May 04 for 2 nights and had a great time. The staff were very friendly and the room was very clean with a large comfy bed, aircon and nice decor.

The safe in the room is free to use and the security was pretty good (at night room keys were checked before you could enter the lifts, and when returing to our room when the maid was cleaning inside with the door open she checked our key worked in the lock before allowing us to enter).

There is a presentation on 'what the hotel had to offer' on one of the tv channels along with the Mirage and Bellagio which was useful to get our bearings.

We felt the location on the strip was excellent and we had a great view up to South end of the strip.

Although we stayed on Wed and Thurs night which is generally cheaper we felt that approx. $75 a night was excellent value.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2004

Well first off, we were offered 3 free nights, 75.00 in food comps and $ 100.00 in free play through the mail. We jumped at it. We checked in at VIP which is very very nice considering the lines out front. The customer service here is outstanding. We got to check in really early (like around 11.00 am) and was quite pleased with our room. 34th floor overlooking the pool and the strip. TERRIFIC !
Shower pressure was a little lacking but what heck.
We went to Kahunaville first for lunch and ordered the sampler. We were very happy with the food and the service. The oxygen bar was neat too. Ended up using that a few times. fun fun fun.
The entertainment at Kahunaville was super too. Friendly fun bartenders. Our only bad meal was at Terrace cafe where the waiter actually scraped my avacado off the plate cover with his finger onto my burger. YUCK. We won a ton of money at the slots.
Never did get to see the Sirens show as we were busy racking in the dough. We loved this place and will go back. At the end of our stay we owed only $ 95.00 due to all the comps they gave us above and beyond the initial ones in our offer. Ladies: they have a great little store there for little purses, watches, hats etc. EVERYTHING: $ 10.00 not super high quality but a fun place to pick up goodies. The tram to Mirage was fun too. I just can't say how much I loved this place. The pool didn't impress me too much but looked like fun. Gotta go and give it a try mucho funo !

2  Thank debsnc