“Good times at TI”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #72 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Good times at TI”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Price and location was key. Payed $600/person for nonstop flights from CLE with 4nights and a free ticket to Mystere ($100/tix). It was a great weekend and the stay at TI couldn't have been better. Quick check in, clean room, good housekeeper, and right next to the Wynn and Venetian.
Pool was nice, had a good feel with live DJs and only one or two kids in the early afternoon. Booze is pricey $7 beers, but its Vegas and always is.
Food is OK. Buffet was the highlight, good actually $18/person. The only downfall of TI. Kahunaville was good $50/couple, Coffee Cafe was below average $50/couple, and Senor Frogs actually made one of us sick $60/ couple.
Gambling prices are not bad, $5-10 table games. Slots didn't pay us.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pascoag, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive when we booked a package trip that had us staying at Treasure Island. I knew it was not a bottom of the barrel hotel on the strip, but also not to the caliber of the Mirage (which I had previously stayed at and loved). The staff at the front desk, bell desk, and restaurant staff were all top notch and very professional. We had requested to change our room from a 2 bedroom queen to a king room and although it was not available at check in, that the request could be met the following day, which it was in the morning. Was TI fancy, well no. Was it clean, quiet and comfortable- yes. Also I loved that the elevators to the rooms were close to the entrance so it never felt like I was navigating a maze getting to and from my room. The only thing that was disappointing was the size of the pool. Try the Cajun Chicken Pasta at Kahunaville!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a strip view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
scottsdale,az
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there about ten years ago, and decided to give ti another whirl. Rooms were decent, clean, and updated fairly recently...But...casino and building are getting very tired. Smells like they pump in febreeze through vents to cover the decades old cigarette smell. Sorry, time for major renovation or wrecking ball.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mr.Elite
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My first trip to Las Vegas and stayed at Treasure Island. We chose this hotel mainly for its location on Las Vegas Boulevard, just about in the middle. Disclosure: I am not a gambler so I was mostly interested in sights/sounds of Vegas. TI seems to attract the 25-35 crowd of bachelorettes and bachelor party groups. I suspect the location and the comparatively lower room rates are the reason. The front desk/registration staff seem to have a HUGE disconnect with the pool bar and restaurant staff. Placing $100 per day on the room for charges at the pool bar or restaurant is a great idea: no need to carry a wallet/purse to pool just use the room key. Not according to the pool bar/restaurants! You need ID plus room key, and provide your name to get anything charged to the room. Consequently, you need to carry everything all the time. We added my name to the reservation for charging purposes....never made it in the system! Tough pool area that gets super crowded. If you want to avoid drunk party groups and crowded pool scene, choose another hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tracey S
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great location, hotel right on the strip. Plenty of choice for eating and drinking in hotel and nearby. Large rooms. We made the most of discounted tickets to the cirque du soleil show on at TI which was worth it!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at TI. It was clean ( note later ), up to date, and the staff was eager to accommodate. After a full day of delays and frustration I finally arrived at TI in the early morning hours. My reservation had been given away but TI put me up in the Penthouse for the night. WOW, what a treat. It was roomy, posh, and for the short time I was in it, I was the talk of my group. The next afternoon I was moved into the type of room I had initially reserved and it too was comfortable, clean and modern. The amenities at the hotel are great, the variety is awesome. I consider it's location as excellent as it has a (DUECE) bus stop in front and it is more or less halfway, a 30 minute walk to either end of the strip. I recommend TI to anyone wanting an affordable stay with all the accessories of Vegas.
Clean note. Housekeeping was always on the prowl so it was odd to notice a collection of bar glasses left on furniture in the common area that leads to the rooms hallways for at least 36 hours. Our group had a pool on how long it would take to get cleaned up. I would have given 5 stars but to my dismay the Sirens show was down for service and had been since December. It was one of the reasons I booked the hotel in the first place. Nowhere in my research did I come across any mention of that. It may have influenced my decision.

Room Tip: If sleep is a consideration avoid the "Strip view" rooms as the pool party noise reaches a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bombero474
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We chose treasure island through our holiday company virgin holidays because of its location on the strip and cost. It's walkable to the palazzo, Venetian and there is a tram to the mirage (the white tigers here are a must see!) from the hotel.

Lots of amenities inside the resort as per all the other big hotels 6-10 restaurants, Starbucks and a Ben and Jerrys. The pool area was big and busy.

Cot / crib was provided free of charge and all staff were helpful.

Wifi was free in the lobby but a bit steep in the rooms for $19.99 per 24 hours.

For those that don't know Las Vegas - taxis can't be flagged and have to be got from outside any of the hotels. I wouldn't recommend the monorail as all the stations are far back and a long walk from the strip.

All in all a pleasant stay

• Stayed May 2014