“Great location for a mid-range price”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #73 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Clayton, North Carolina
“Great location for a mid-range price”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at TI for 4 nights to celebrate our 50th birthdays this year. I had some reservations after reading some of the reviews, but we had a very pleasant experience. The tip about asking for a room above the 30th floor was a good idea because we were able to take the express elevator to the top floors without stopping at each one. Also, our room overlooked the strip so we had a wonderful view without the noise since we were so high up. Our non-smoking room seemed to be fairly newly remodeled, it was clean with no smoke smell, and the beds were so comfortable! Of course, I knew there would not be a coffee maker in the room, but Starbucks is right on the corner. We were surprised to learn that TI has discontinued their pirate show and is replacing it with a CVS pharmacy and other stores due to the cost of maintaining the pyrotechnics ($20,000 per show!). The location was the best part - across from the Mirage, Wynn, and the Venetian to name a few. The only downfall of this hotel was the lack of good restaurants within the resort (Kahuanaville could use some updating!) but there were plenty of other places within walking distance. We bought an air/package deal through Southwest airlines which included free tickets to Mystere, a Cirque du Soleil show, which was awesome! Overall, it's a great option if you're looking for a lower-priced hotel in a good location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OTForKids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,776)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Treasure Island was the perfect hotel for my first trip to Vegas. We stayed here for three nights (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thrusday) and were so excited by the great location. Across the street from Palazzo and The Venetian, and literally connected by an indoor tram to The Mirage. Also an easy walk to Ceasars Palace as well.

The casino was a bit smaller than other resorts on the strip, but we liked this because it was easy to navigate, and less crowded. There are a few resaurants and several cool bars here as well. We didnt go to Gilleys (the country bar) but definitely want to check it out on our next trip. Kahunaville bar was cheesy, but the buy one get one drink specials and bartenders doing tricks made it worth stopping into for a drink or two.

Our room was a tad small, but very updated and comfortable. Beds were cozy and clean and the view even at the back of the hotel was a great mountain view.

Check in was a breeze but we did arrive late on a Tuesday night. When we left Friday morning the line was easily 200 people long.....and thats not an exagerated number. I counted 20 and didnt even get halfway down one row of a snaked line that bent around at least six times. So my point, try to arrive on a weekday or later in the afternoon if possible.

Overall, we loved TI and will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Vegas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed January 28, 2014

First impressions are lasting impressions. Called before my trip to ask a few questions. Both times the employees were very rude. Explained when I got there and was offered a free bottle of champagne. Had to pay $28 a day for resort fee, which covered internet, which we were NEVER able to access (other people in our group couldn't either) pool, which was closed for repair and never told. Rooms very small, casino very small. When I checked out, I asked the guy checking us out a question about my bill, to which he handed me my bill and never responded. I would never stay here ever again and would never recommend this resort to anyone. Very disappointed!!!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank micheleeckhoff
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2014

After getting into the room we noticed that everything was filthy! There was a rubber glove in the tub, a used q tip under the vanity, a bottle cap on the floor, gum under the edge of the bed side table and a toilet handle so dirty i absolutely did not want to touch it. I quietly wrote everything on a page and took it to the front desk and asked them to fix it while i was out for the day. We came back 10 hours later. The garbages were empty and everything else on my list was the same. Again I talked to a manager at the front desk. She acted like i was making trouble and asked if I would like to speak with the housekeeping supervisor. I said no. That is not my job. I told her again what the problems were and asked for them to be fixed. After going back to the room after dinner.... The q tip was picked up and an outrageous amount of room freshener was sprayed in the room. I could hardly breathe. Not going to bother complaining again. Obviously it doesn't help. Just took some pictures of the problems and will tell my story to everyone i can.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank athenathegoddess
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed at the TI several times. It is conveniently located on the strip. It has lower prices than the newer casinos. The rooms are fine. Everything is just a step down from the more expensive places. I have two problems with the TI. 1. In order to mask the smell of smoke, they use a bad smelling air freshener. It clings to your clothes so you smell like it when you leave. There must be a better sent. 2. I left my Ipad in my room. When I called to ask them, they told me they would call back in 24 hours. They didn't call back and won't answer the phone. I guess I shouldn't expect more from the TI.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ExclamationMark
California Central Coast
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed two nights at TI at the end of a driving trip to Yellowstone and other parks. We normally stay at different hotels when we visit Las Vegas, depending on what we feel like and what deals are being offered. This was our first experience at TI and really enjoyed it. We stayed in a petite suite, which was a very large room with a king bed, great sitting area, and table and chairs. The best part was the two huge bathrooms, one for each of us!. I really enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub while my husband loved the shower. There was even a small fridge in the main bathroom. Our room overlooked the back of the hotel, which was fine with us. We had room service the first night, which came promptly, and had dinner at the steakhouse the next night, which was excellent. We had the breakfast buffet, which was good with a wide variety of items. We also really enjoyed the two Starbucks on the premises! We played a few slot machines and broke even, a miracle for us! The TI suite was comparable to other places we've stayed (e.g., MGM, Mirage, Palazzo), and we would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at Treasure Island because it's just about in the middle of the strip and within walk distance to most everything. AND, we thought it would be cool for our 4 1/2 year old to see the pirate show at night. That's when we realized we hadn't been to Vegas in a Loooong time! They're taking out the ship and converting that area to shops because Vegas doesn't already have enough shopping, I guess. We upgraded our room for just $75 more a night to a Junior sweet which consisted of two full baths (one with a shower & the other a jetted tub), a pull out sofa (very uncomfortable, but the little one didn't mind), & a King size bed. They were out of rooms facing the strip so we had a view of the mountains and Stratosphere...since there's just one rather small window we didn't feel like we were missing much. The breakfast buffet and dinner buffet were really good, including the crab legs (a bit on the skinny side, but more than you might expect for all you can eat) and the servers always kept our glasses full, including the little ones. Tried the roasted chicken & a salad via room service and it was VERY good and quick. Wednesday & Thursday night were quite, but Friday night we realized the walls weren't very thick...we could hear everything in the hallways; fortunately, it was our last night. For the price and location would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a room as far away from the elevators and ice machine as possible.