“Good Hotel, Average Location”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #74 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stay at Treasure Island for Halloween weekend this year! It is a decent hotel located right next to the fashion show mall. It is quite far from the monorail station and tram stations but not too bad if you don't mind walking a bit. If you're there to shop then its perfect because the mall is right there.

To start off we arrived by taxi from the airport, make sure he/she doesn't drive the strip (ever!) because you will be in the taxi forever. Most driver's don't take the strip but just in case you have one that tries...

The outside of the hotel was quite chaotic because they are doing maintenance on the pirate ships out front. The show they usually have is a pirate show involving two ships and a bunch of scantily clad pirate wenches running around singing and spouting cheesy lines. It was cute for a free show but it will not be up and running until December...and may change quite a bit by then. What I am getting to is they have the boardwalk all closed off and you have to actually go through the hotel casino (turn right once you have gone through the doors) to get to the bridge that will allow you to continue to the mall.

Check in went smoothly. The lady that checked us in wasn't the friendliest but gave us a decent room. For those people who have been complaining about getting rooms with a bad view....do you honestly spend THAT much time in your room staring out the window? No, you are there to sleep and shower...so I wouldn't really worry about what side of the hotel your room faces....unless you're into that sort of thing.

The bed was SO comfy. I remembered this from the first time I stayed here. Room came with a small beer fridge, not so great cable TV, hairdryer, in-room safe, basic amenities. We had a room with one king size bed.

The casino was fairly decent. I noticed it seemed a little bit more expensive to gamble here. If you're looking for cheaper gambling (ironic I know...) head down to Freemont Street...not too mention its worth the entertainment. Also cheaper to eat on Freemont. We were there for Halloween night and it was SO much fun. So many good costumes and they had a couple of concerts going on. It was good.

Hotel buffet was hit or miss. We had a really bad lunch there, pretty good breakfast and a decent supper. I would recommend that if you're looking for a good meal to go to a sit down restaurant. I found the restaurants in this hotel to be overpriced for the quality of food they served...but some may feel differently.

I cannot comment about the pool because we didn't use it. It looked....nice?

Just a side note, and an important one. There is this stupid booth set up just outside the hotel where the pirate ships are located. There are agents working there that attempt to get people to attend a timeshare presentation (with a bribe of a free gift) for WorldMark by Wyndham. DON'T GO!!! And if the managers/owners of Treasure Island read these reviews, PLS get rid of this booth. It is completely irritating that EVERY time we used this entrance in or out of the hotel we were harassed by these people. SO annoying. As if you don't get it enough walking up and down the strip, there really is no need to have it right in front of the hotel doors. Seems a little desperate to me...not sure whats in it for T.I. Anyways the timeshare thing is a scam just google it.

All in all a decent hotel for the price. I would recommend it to others; however, I stayed at the New York New York a couple of years ago (unfortunately I didn't review this one) and I honestly preferred that one. Location and food was better. It also had a sweet piano bar at the time that was a blast to hang out at.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Check in was great, we got vouchers for the buffet and bars which we used. Staff very friendly and helpful. Loved the pool as we had travelled from NZ. Enjoyed the pirate show, shopping mall close bye. Had the Internet which we had missed. In all very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for room maybe not to close to the pirate show.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We booked a trip through southwest vacations which included show tickets to Mystere. We ended up giving the tickets to the show to friends who stayed with us as we went to see Love instead. The hotel was just what we were looking for a place to sleep at night. This was my first time in Vegas and I was told this was at the center of the strip, location was actually fine as my wife and I have no issues with walking but I would consider the Bellagio as the center of the strip. We ate at the hotdog place and the food was actually good but pricey but we expected that so no complaints there, the fires were especially good there. The Coffee shop was opened I think 24 hours and we sat down with friends but didn't eat they said it was good and reasonable. The other place we tried was kahunaville on site. We ate there the first night since we had traveled from Chicago and were just hungry. The food was about as good as like a Applebee's or Chili's but more expensive plus the service was not to good. Overall I have no reason not to stay again at Treasure Island as my experience was what I expected but nothing amazed me, I do wish we could of seen the Sirens show but that is being refurbed for the season no, maybe next time. Almost forgot there is a Walgreens across the street where you can get supplies, beer and even gifts for those at home. Walgreens certainly saved us some money during the trip, after the 2nd day we just bought beer their instead of paying $7 a bottle at the casino.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our check in was speedy and courteous. We were pleased with the room. They did not have a king room available as requested, but we did get a view of the strip on the 30th floor. The beds were so comfortable and the room was very nice. The reviews about the lighting in the bathroom for hair and make-up were true, it's kinda dark. I agree that the casino is very smokey and noticed that some of the others were not. The service at all of the restaurants and bars at this hotel were great, along with the spa. The pool and cabanas were exactly what we expected... Nice and warm! The tram to The Mirage was very convenient. This hotel offers so much entertainment and some specials but they charge a resort fee daily to get special coupons. The cost of everything from the drinks that were VERY light on the alcohol to the expensive breakfast at the coffee shop... No coffee in the room definitely a down side! Next thing would be that the hotel or the Kahunaville restaurant placed a hold on our debut card Nd we could not get any cash out ,.. Unfortunately this was on a Sunday when we had a tour to the Las Vegas speedway planned and paid for. We almost missed the trip... But after we thought that the service desk was going to give up and totally let us down, they came through with flying colors. The front desk manager hooked us up with a driver from the Bell Desk (Bobby) who escorted us in a very speedy manor to the speedway and picked us up after our driving tour! We were pleased and so happy that they let us take out petty cash from the hotel funds that were on hold! Thank goodness!

Room Tip: Get there early to check in... Rooms are first come first serve
1  Thank Catrina O
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We whet her for our honeymoon and the hotel was all we hope for , the staff was great and helps us with everything we could ever ask for , the casino we had a lot of fun and the free drinks was great. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Check in was not bad. Let us check in at 11am and received a buy one get 1 for the buffet and then two buffet passes. Would not have gone to the buffett otherwise. Overpriced and the quality of food was better at the Palms where the food was cheaper.

Stayed for 5 days and had the maids clean for 3 of the days. They did not dust at all. By our last day dust piles were clumped everyone it was a nightmare. The hotel did not let us have a late check out and if they did it was just an extra hour which is a joke.

It is not in a central area, not near the PH or the Aria, but it is near the Venetian, the Wynn, and the Encore and mall which was fine for us.

Did not have any fine dining options and the casino is small and nothing to write home about.

I would stay here again as it is cheap enough but again no fun dining or clubs, I would have rather stay at a hotel where there are more options of things to do.

No upgrades were offered to us, but the $28 resort fee a day included free wifi for one device per room. Did not get to the pool was the weather was not great and the pirate show outside was under construction and will be under construction until Dec 26th 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed with 3 other friends in 2 adjoining rooms at the end of April 2013. The rooms were lovely and spacious, bathroom was roomy, and there is a handy safe in the room. We really enjoyed our stay. The pool area is great - we loved the DJ, music and party atmosphere but it did get really crowded, especially on the weekend, and the music was too loud (my age may be showing here!).
My only real complaint is the scent that they pump into the lobby and casino areas where it is impossible to avoid. It was quite strong and really triggered my scent allergy. I would honestly rather there was a bit of a smokey smell than that overly-sweet scent.
Overall a great hotel, and the walkway to the Fashion mall was so handy!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends