Stay at Treasure Island for Halloween weekend this year! It is a decent hotel located right next to the fashion show mall. It is quite far from the monorail station and tram stations but not too bad if you don't mind walking a bit. If you're there to shop then its perfect because the mall is right there.
To start off we arrived by taxi from the airport, make sure he/she doesn't drive the strip (ever!) because you will be in the taxi forever. Most driver's don't take the strip but just in case you have one that tries...
The outside of the hotel was quite chaotic because they are doing maintenance on the pirate ships out front. The show they usually have is a pirate show involving two ships and a bunch of scantily clad pirate wenches running around singing and spouting cheesy lines. It was cute for a free show but it will not be up and running until December...and may change quite a bit by then. What I am getting to is they have the boardwalk all closed off and you have to actually go through the hotel casino (turn right once you have gone through the doors) to get to the bridge that will allow you to continue to the mall.
Check in went smoothly. The lady that checked us in wasn't the friendliest but gave us a decent room. For those people who have been complaining about getting rooms with a bad view....do you honestly spend THAT much time in your room staring out the window? No, you are there to sleep and shower...so I wouldn't really worry about what side of the hotel your room faces....unless you're into that sort of thing.
The bed was SO comfy. I remembered this from the first time I stayed here. Room came with a small beer fridge, not so great cable TV, hairdryer, in-room safe, basic amenities. We had a room with one king size bed.
The casino was fairly decent. I noticed it seemed a little bit more expensive to gamble here. If you're looking for cheaper gambling (ironic I know...) head down to Freemont Street...not too mention its worth the entertainment. Also cheaper to eat on Freemont. We were there for Halloween night and it was SO much fun. So many good costumes and they had a couple of concerts going on. It was good.
Hotel buffet was hit or miss. We had a really bad lunch there, pretty good breakfast and a decent supper. I would recommend that if you're looking for a good meal to go to a sit down restaurant. I found the restaurants in this hotel to be overpriced for the quality of food they served...but some may feel differently.
I cannot comment about the pool because we didn't use it. It looked....nice?
Just a side note, and an important one. There is this stupid booth set up just outside the hotel where the pirate ships are located. There are agents working there that attempt to get people to attend a timeshare presentation (with a bribe of a free gift) for WorldMark by Wyndham. DON'T GO!!! And if the managers/owners of Treasure Island read these reviews, PLS get rid of this booth. It is completely irritating that EVERY time we used this entrance in or out of the hotel we were harassed by these people. SO annoying. As if you don't get it enough walking up and down the strip, there really is no need to have it right in front of the hotel doors. Seems a little desperate to me...not sure whats in it for T.I. Anyways the timeshare thing is a scam just google it.
All in all a decent hotel for the price. I would recommend it to others; however, I stayed at the New York New York a couple of years ago (unfortunately I didn't review this one) and I honestly preferred that one. Location and food was better. It also had a sweet piano bar at the time that was a blast to hang out at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Island - TI is a resort located on the Las Vegas Strip within walking distance of all the best dining, shopping and entertainment available in Las Vegas. TI features Mystere by Cirque du Soleil, Gilley's Saloon, Oleksandra Spa & Salon, wedding chapels, tropical pool and cabanas and so much more at very affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Vegas.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and HotelsClick so you can book your Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island - Ti Hotel And Casino
- Treasure Island - Ti Hotel Las Vegas
- Treasure Island Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Treasure Island Hotel
- Treasure Island Hotel Las Vegas